Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Cryptozoic end direct sales.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic end direct sales.
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted
If i am understanding this correctly Cryptozoic have ceased selling product directly to collectors via the website.
From now on you must buy from a shop / retailer.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yup, just read it on the website.

Look, CZE made the big fuss about selling to a dedicated network of authorized dealers. Now this solves two problems for them. They don't have to listen to complaints from their dealers that they are competing with the E store. And they need less staff to service the E store.

Everybody wins except third party dealers and collectors.

Posts: 10401 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Seems like limiting product in any way is a bad idea. . . At least they are trying something, but geez, I tried to find local retailers but... "We couldn't find at least 10 locations in the area, so here are 10 closest locations." The closest location is 45 minutes away. . . So I'm lucky that there is *something* by me (then again it's a shop I've been to, and won't go back to) . . . There are 2 shops about 90 minutes from me I've never heard of, but both are gaming shops so I don't have high hopes they actually carry cards -- neither mentions cards on their website.

After that -- store #4 is 175 miles from me. . .

I live near the 3rd largest city in the US and I don't have viable options to buy Crypto product locally. . . I have bought from their website.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
You can use the locator to limit the search to trading cards.

Nothing in Arizona at all. I registered and supplied my info for my retail presence. Not sure it will do any good.

My biggest beef was that they allocated product to retailers but still had plenty to sell on their website. That always seemed wrong. But, they did sell at full retail so in most cases it was much easier to find a cheaper alternative elsewhere.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5080 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post