Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Marvel Stussy cards

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/7057024596

January 27, 2021, 09:20 PM
David R
Marvel Stussy cards
I have seen on ebay a pack of 2011 Marvel Comics cards called "Marvel Stussy" and individual cards with asking prices of close to $ 40 each. What exactly are these cards?
January 27, 2021, 09:41 PM
aeolus14ummbra
Stussy ran a promotion at that time - if you purchased one of their Marvel themed t-shirts from their website, they included a pack of cards when they shipped it out. The t-shirts were really high quality and the cards were a nice surprise. I ended up with 2 t-shirts (different) and 2 packs of cards which were the same. One of the better promotions that I was able to get in on. The pack contained 16 cards and a sticker.
January 27, 2021, 10:52 PM
David R
Were these / are these hard to find ? I see a pack for sale on ebay now for $ 145 !!!
January 28, 2021, 10:22 AM
David R
People have singles of the cards on ebay---$ 25 each !
January 28, 2021, 03:40 PM
Heroes For Hire
Maybe that’s the next Marvel card phenomenon Metal
I should have pick up some years ago Shake Head
January 28, 2021, 04:21 PM
David R
Did you see the discussion below about the Marvel Universe Series 1 (Impel, 1990) promos that have been appearing on ebay over the past year or so ?

These promos are desirable as there are subtle differences between them and the later-released base cards from the set. (Logos, some names, some numbers)

People seem to have discovered them, and singles have been selling for $ 50 to 60 and up !
April 28, 2022, 08:06 PM
catskilleagle
I started watching these a few months ago. Sales are all over the place. The first time I checked, sales seemed to cluster around $75-80 but I saw one card go for just 99 cents. Most still go for between about $25-45. Graded cards are available as well. These days, buying an unopened pack around $150 might be the best way to go. Aeolus got in on the ground floor. Here are the cards with the pack showing in the upper right corner and the sticker right below it..

April 28, 2022, 09:27 PM
Bob Johnson
There's a sealed box of 16 packs currently listed on eBay with a BIN of just $20,000 or Best Offer.

If these were given away as part of a promotion, why bother making boxes?

The box has "For Promotional Use Only - Not For Sale" printed on it.
April 29, 2022, 02:34 PM
catskilleagle
That is weird. When I first read your post, I figured it was going to be just the box the packs were shipped in from the printer. Yeah, why go to the trouble/expense of printing up something like a display box for packs that were just slipped in with clothing purchases. I thought Stussy was online only but I see now that they have brick-and-mortar stores. The only thing I can think of is Stussy still wanted clearly-marked card boxes so their employees knew where the packs were so they could give them out when the t-shirts were sold.

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Johnson:
There's a sealed box of 16 packs currently listed on eBay with a BIN of just $20,000 or Best Offer.

If these were given away as part of a promotion, why bother making boxes?

The box has "For Promotional Use Only - Not For Sale" printed on it.

November 20, 2022, 05:11 PM
catskilleagle
A pack of these sold at auction for $355.00 on Sept 4 with 18 bids:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12548...rksid=p2047675.l2557