Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    HP: OOTP Mad Eye Redemption
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HP: OOTP Mad Eye Redemption
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted
Anyone got theirs yet? Mine was sent off at the end of 07 and they got it around Jan 5th I believe.

They sent all my others back and said 4 to 6 week wait on Mad Eye auto.

Waited 6 weeks and called. Was told to wait another 4 to 6 weeks.

So Ive called 3 times and each time Im told "His cards are on the wait, wait 4 to 6 weeks.

I asked about replacements if he doesnt sign and from what I gathered, if a signer doesnt come through, Artbox gives NOTHING for that redemption.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have not gotten my Mad Eye Moody autograph card either.
Laura

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of anjee
posted Hide Post
me either. i sent mine in around february and nothing so far...

Posts: 310 | Location: madison,wi | Registered: January 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
Same here, I was about to start a thread about the matter myself. I really hope they receive his cards soon, I would hate to get nothing!

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
They should at least send the redemption card back - no security concerns if they aren't going issue the card

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi All,
I spoke with Artbox about this at the Con and they are still waiting for the autographs by Gleeson(?).

NL

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Regarding Artbox redemptions, I pulled and mailed away a HPOOTP redemption for Mrs. Arabella Figg on 2-20-08. When it didn't come I sent away a copy of the RC and a letter on 5-21-08. I never received any reply and this is why I never buy any redemptions. In this case I pulled it, so there was no choice.

The autograph card is hardly valuable, it just irks me that no one responds. Do any members have a better address than the one in San Clemente, CA that appears on the back of the card?

Thanks, hope you get your Mad Eye soon.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
You could try e-mail or phone.

customerservice@artboxent.com

949-542-8990

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kbmum:
You could try e-mail or phone.

customerservice@artboxent.com

949-542-8990

Thanks so much, I'll give it a try. Wavey

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
Right now Artbox owes me about 30 Redemptions with Mad Eye one of them..Some they have had since December of 2007... This is why I hate redemptions not to mention that you pay twice for the card. Once to buy it and again you have to pay to mail it in. Mad

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Just to update my original post, I did email Artbox regarding the Mrs. Arabella Figg HPOOTP redemption I've been waiting on since February and received no reply. So I figured I'd try calling the customer service number provided by kbmum (thank you very much) and got right through.

A very pleasant woman informed me that the signed cards from this actress have not been returned and the redemptions are on hold until they can be honored. So I'm still waiting, along with everyone else that pulled this redemption I guess, but at least I know why I'm waiting and that my card was not lost.

This is the BIG problem with redemptions, no guarantees, but I don't blame Artbox, some things are not within the manufacturer's control and customer service was good once I got a person.

So that's the story, Mad Eye and Mrs. Figg are both MIA. Razz

Picture of kingraider32
posted Hide Post
Redemptions should be banned!

Posts: 295 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Its almost as bad as when Upper Deck did the Nelly and Jamie Foxx autos in the 06 bkb set. They were redemptions and were selling REALLY well. They both went un-redeemed and Upper Deck let the prices go down before sending out replacements so they gave away some really weaksauce junk to replace.

I cant recall exactly what I got but eventually I came to the conclusion that what I got was nowhere near worth what I paid for the redemptions.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting on a Mad Eye myself.

With regards to the Jamie Foxx auto redemption - I think I paid between $50-$60 for that auto, which took near forever, and then never came through.

I did end up getting a Karl Malone auto out of it. I would have rather had the Jamie Foxx auto which I think woulda been worth $150-$200 easy based on his star status these days, but the Karl Malone was an OK substitue.

Not what I woulda selected, but better than nothing...

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well I still haven't gotten the Mrs. Figg autograph. Are the Mad Eye redemptions still outstanding too?

I mailed the Figg redemption in February, but her autographs weren't returned. At this point I wish Artbox would just admit they aren't going to get them and replace with something of equal value.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Nothing yet here. I had actually planned on calling them tomorrow to see whats going on.

Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
If you make that call I would appreciate it if you tell us the answer Smile I am still waiting too!

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
I spoke to Kay (very nice Customer Service), who told me they are still waiting on the autographs to come in - this was last week.

So if they are waiting, we just keep waiting. Not much can be done but, yep, you guessed it - keep waiting...

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Exactly..they arent in yet.

What irked me the most was the first two times I called to check they made it seem like they were fixing to be shipped to them or they were on the way etc etc...

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HIM:
Exactly..they arent in yet.

What irked me the most was the first two times I called to check they made it seem like they were fixing to be shipped to them or they were on the way etc etc...

Did they literally tell you this or did you infer this yourself?

I've recently just had a very positive experience with Artbox and although I paid $50 for the Gleeson redemption, and have been waiting for it since the series came out - I'm willing to cut them some slack.

Here's hoping the card comes in for everybody!