Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    HP: OOTP Mad Eye Redemption
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HP: OOTP Mad Eye Redemption
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
The only decision Artbox should have to make is whether to sue Gleeson for not completing a contract. Maybe that would get his backside into gear and his writing hand working. It has already cost them extra to print a redemption card.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
So has Artbox made a decision yet regarding the Moody redemption? I know they were supposed to make a decision by SDCC.

This is getting ridiculous.

As of my post on July 28th I was told-

I was told today that theyre going to make us wait at the very least, another 2 months, while they "work with WB" to get him to sign.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is just getting ridiculous.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Less than 2 wks to go before we get an answer...cant wait to see what excuse we'll get this time.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Called them today. Still waiting for Brendan. No time frame given.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
I was told there would be a replacement option in place in 2 months...I know theyre just stringing me along but how long can you keep this up?

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Made another call. They are still hoping to get his back. If not they have 1 or 2 other actors of significance to replace him. So I asked when will this decision be made weeks, months, years. She is hoping in a few weeks. Basically, the same thing they have said for the past year and a half. Actually, December will be 2 years.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
By the time they get these done for you folks, Rupert Grint will be old enough to play the role of Mad Eye Moody as a remake. Twak

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
Made another call. They are still hoping to get his back. If not they have 1 or 2 other actors of significance to replace him.

If that were true, they would have done it by now vs making their collectors wait 2yrs+.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
Wow - still no replacement decision? That sucks.

Why not send everyone who got a redemption a sealed box of a new product - something that has some chance of pulling another autograph (hopefully not another redemption card)?

I would think that Artbox hasn't had to pay for the Gleeson autographs yet (since he has not delivered), so why not use those funds to give us collectors something else in lieu?

Do they really want HIM to have to continue updating this thread indefinitely? I know I no longer buy redemption cards from Artbox or UD because of this issue. If this impacts their bottom line or not - who knows.

Good job HIM for following this up on all of our behalfs.

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rubadub001:
Why not send everyone who got a redemption a sealed box of a new product - something that has some chance of pulling another autograph (hopefully not another redemption card)?

I honestly can't imagine a Harry Potter release that doesn't have redemptions. Roll Eyes I don't have a problem buying redemptions, as long as I know that company has the autos and is sending them out.

A sealed box would make an interesting replacement, especially now that Artbox has announced the Half-Blood Prince Update set will be coming out in November.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any idea of what autos will be in the HPB update set this november?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
The only card Artbox has announced so far is a Molly Weasley/Julie Walters auto.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Called Artbox today. They said nothing yet. Except, that Gleeson has supposedly agreed to sign the cards. Just no idea when they will get them. Just ridiculous.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Please...they said that months ago...lets be honest, they wouldnt have put out a redemption if he hadnt agreed in the first place.

Its another stall tactic.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Looks like the dual Radcliffe/Felton auto redemption holders got theirs before this one.. What a shame Artbox...what a shame.

posted Hide Post
As mentioned in this thread numerous times, this is not ARTBOX's fault. It is the actors fault. If you see Brandon Gleeson, punch him in the face, but don't blame a company when an actor does not come through.

They are doing everything they can to get him to sign these cards.

Posts: 139 | Location: Lake Placid, FL | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Wrenn:
As mentioned in this thread numerous times, this is not ARTBOX's fault. It is the actors fault. If you see Brandon Gleeson, punch him in the face, but don't blame a company when an actor does not come through.

Actually, I can and will place some blame on Artbox. Stuff happens beyond their control, I get that, at the sametime thats not something that should be taken out on the people that buy their products. Why should we be the ones waiting? They got their money from everyone buying their stuff and its those buyers that are being left hanging with no money and no card.

Going on close to 2yrs, any respectable company would have done something for those being left in the cold.

How long would you suggest we wait then since 2yrs seems to be perfectly fine for you?

posted Hide Post
You know, since I have THREE of these redemptions with Artbox, I could care less how long I wait. If I eventually get it, great, if I don't and I get some kind of replacement, great.

I have had Upper Deck sport card replacements that took OVER 2 years to get. I could have asked for a replacement, but just like this card, I held out hope I would get it because it is a card I wanted. Who cares. Artbox isn't some shady company, they will make right, they are just trying to get some loser actor to honor the contract he signed. Do you think it is possible that Mr. Gleeson or his agent have told them over and over that he WOULD sign the cards, and they are in the same waiting boat as us? If every single month they are told the cards WILL be signed and WILL be returned, they have their fingers crossed that it will finally happen.

Artbox has been "left in the cold" just as much as the collector. They had a signed contract, and may have even paid up front for these signatures. This type of thing happens. This is the first time out of what...10 harry potter sets that this has happened? Chill out and be glad they aren't like other companies, if a Brendan Gleeson autograph that has not shown up yet is the biggest problem you have today, this week, this month, this year, believe me, you are a very lucky person.

Posts: 139 | Location: Lake Placid, FL | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HIM:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Wrenn:

Actually, I can and will place some blame on Artbox. Stuff happens beyond their control, I get that, at the sametime thats not something that should be taken out on the people that buy their products. Why should we be the ones waiting? They got their money from everyone buying their stuff and its those buyers that are being left hanging with no money and no card.

Going on close to 2yrs, any respectable company would have done something for those being left in the cold.

How long would you suggest we wait then since 2yrs seems to be perfectly fine for you?

Talk about flogging a dead horse. I get that you're disappointed (don't we all) but maybe its time to call it a day on this one?

If you desperately need a Gleeson there is always the GOF auto if you can bear the thought of 'giving Artbox' anymore of your money.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post