Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    HP: OOTP Mad Eye Redemption
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HP: OOTP Mad Eye Redemption
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hopefully it's just that the staff have gone home for the holidays.

Having said that I would be getting a bit nervous if I was waiting on any redemptions or promises of replacements.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In another forum someone commented that they e-mailed Kay and got an automatic reply stating that she was out of the office on a medical leave of absence. Let's hope all is well.

I sent in a "You Are A Winner" redemption card for a hobby box of POA about 4 weeks ago and have yet to receive the box or any acknowledgment from Artbox. But I do have the tracking # saying my redemption was delivered to them. I know the redemption says allow 4-6 weeks delivery but I usually got my redemptions back from them much faster (as long as the item was in stock). So I don't know if there's anyone actually processing anything there at the moment.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Geez... it appears I should post more things like this when I'm waiting on something in the mail:

"I sent in a "You Are A Winner" redemption card for a hobby box of POA about 4 weeks ago and have yet to receive the box or any acknowledgment from Artbox."

... as a few hours later I go to get the mail and there is my package from Artbox. Typical me. So we know now at least someone is there to process redemptions.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple weeks ago I thought to send Artbox a snail-mail, since I wasn't getting anywhere with email, phone or their website. Received it back today. It is stamped by the Post Office as undeliverable.

Tried website just minutes ago... rogue exploit was snagged by my antivirus. The diversion this time was to:

www2.firstarmyds.rr.nu/uwbv?ad281yyttv=hdKqm27z6dnY7N%2BP59zYnqqdq5SZ0c2WdWSf2tbW6KOxxcaazeWqqpSqh9Oldajv0cSa2M%2FNr9XTqreln8jY0dhvnKTf6uOa2cmmx8aayuKqspyhk5VmZmKqqaKlqJ6P5efV1efgtpWZ2M2WdWKpq62a6trVr9mllKefrJSmmppmXqXstqWnqJuao6SqkqmT3dPgws2gdajw8Kei6drb4eHbjuri7MnW1tabrKqn6%2Bai5NuP7NvtyK%2Fc3sfW2MVYqpbfttzo6taOpbSZk7iSq6rq2Ntgn6Do4ODZpMnY35imp%2Bff5Ymmp9eTXWS97ZmmrNjM5pinpdySq5rkhpd2XWOv3ufm2YuctuaZk6jT69GYlKhjXWOv7OPp6MnOl6a42NfPnpapxMhXa3Wwnqaq6dfSl6a4k5efr9rYxYllfGG8wdfFvNCquZiml%2Bff5YmmpcymrKGeq6mnt4ubp6W6hqSiq6rq2NtgmaPt2%2BPs29TdoNbjzpefrpa5hpZonZqerLjEwNSgxufm0bWl382lyLyGsJPRrLjFm5if5%2BbbhqWxuqrEy6eAgKjIz8Ta48ufxdLXw93Dr53Lt9Z3i4PM5eqrx4o%3D]http://www2.firstarmyds.rr.nu/...3Lt9Z3i4PM5eqrx4o%3D[/url]

I give up.

Posts: 19 | Location: Midwest U.S. | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In the mail today I received an envelope from Artbox. It was a card and a letter apologizing for not being able to redeem the Brendan Gleeson autograph and stating they were exchanging it for a Michael Gambon autograph card. I have no idea how long ago I mailed this in (at least 2 years I think) but I'm pretty happy with the Gambon autograph card.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Youre the 3rd person that Ive heard that got that auto as a replacement. Ill assume they had a ton of em leftover and thats what everyone gets. We'll see when I get mine.

*EDIT*
After going through todays mail, I too recieved the Gambon auto.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HIM,

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
Is the Gambon auto from the OOTP set or a different one?

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sounds like this saga is finally coming to an end.At least it is a comparable auto IMO.

It is still very poor customer service.This should have been surted out years ago instead of letting it drag on.I wonder how many sales they lost because people saw this thread.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hoping mine is on the way.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
WOW, that is great they finally did something but the Autograph is not even close to being comparable. I am sure glad I sold off my redemption and kept my Goblet of Fire one. I love Dumbledore and it is a neat variant that you can only get from this mistake by artbox but the value is not near what you can get for a Mad Eye.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I wonder how many sales they lost because people saw this thread.

Doesn't really matter to Artbox. They didn't lose any sales. Every Potter set they made, they sold out on. That doesn't mean that some dealers and distributors were stuck with product that they couldn't move. But Artbox always sold all they made.

Glad to see there is some sort of resolution.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
OOTP Update

Weak replacement IMO but I dont have much of a say in the matter so it is what it is.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Huzzah - a resolution! (I for one thought it would never happen). The length of time it took for a replacement to be sorted was terrible customer service but I'm facepalming that even though there is a really decent replacement people are still complaining the auto is 'not even close to being comparable' or 'weak'.

What were people expecting? An Emma Watson?

FWIW, I'd rather have an auto from Gambon anyday of the week than one from Gleeson.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Huzzah - a resolution! (I for one thought it would never happen). The length of time it took for a replacement to be sorted was terrible customer service but I'm facepalming that even though there is a really decent replacement people are still complaining the auto is 'not even close to being comparable' or 'weak'.

What were people expecting? An Emma Watson?

FWIW, I'd rather have an auto from Gambon anyday of the week than one from Gleeson.

I agree, I'm very happy with the Gambon autograph.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
I think it's a decent replacement and I really like the design. It's a lot better than the facsimile autos that were produced for the CSI New York set.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Just seen the pic of the replacement Gambon on eBay - I didn't realise it was a variant! Cool pic too.

Given the replacement is of a very famous actor, a main character from the franchise and a variant card no less, the few complaints about the replacement make even less sense.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
It does not matter to me because I did not send in a redemption. The design and variant is neat like I said before but for sake of discussing:

Again, it is what is and facts are facts. If you look at the value of Gambons auto compared to Gleeson it is not even close.

Gambon has signed several thousand autographs as he signed for almost every other set. Some go for as low as $40 and some as high as $100

Gleeson has signed a few hundred and range for $300 to $600 and are hardly ever seen.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
In terms of market value a Gleeson autograph does beat a Gambon, but this Gleeson never existed, so the Gambon variant has to win. Big Grin

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:
It does not matter to me because I did not send in a redemption. The design and variant is neat like I said before but for sake of discussing:

Again, it is what is and facts are facts. If you look at the value of Gambons auto compared to Gleeson it is not even close.

Gambon has signed several thousand autographs as he signed for almost every other set. Some go for as low as $40 and some as high as $100

Gleeson has signed a few hundred and range for $300 to $600 and are hardly ever seen.

The only problem with your 'facts' is that secondary market values can change on a daily basis, and that is a fact. Razz

When the OOTP Gleeson auto redemption was released his GOF auto was nowhere near the prices it achieves nowadays - so what sort of 'value' should Artbox try to replace?
What if we had another Robert Pattinson incident where som fan with more money than sense (or patience) bid $1000 for a Gleeson and loads of other vendors then chucked their GOF Gleeson's on at the $800 mark or more? Does Artbox owe the collector an $800 replacement? I'd say no.

When Artbox inserted the OOTP Gleeson redemption they were guaranteeing the collector would get an autograph of a good actor who played a large role in the previous film and was barely in the next, that is it. Sure Artbox would know a Gleeson would be worth more than the likes of say, a Warwick Davies, but they don't guarantee you are pulling a card worth 'x' amount of dollars.

In the end they replaced a Mad-Eye Moody auto for an Albus Dumbledore, who (apart from the 3 child leads) is the MAIN character across the ENTIRE series. Given what **** Artbox could have given as a replacement I think the substitute is a very good one.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
quote:
Originally posted by Flag City Collectibles:

The only problem with your 'facts' is that secondary market values can change on a daily basis, and that is a fact. Razz

When the OOTP Gleeson auto redemption was released his GOF auto was nowhere near the prices it achieves nowadays - so what sort of 'value' should Artbox try to replace?
What if we had another Robert Pattinson incident where som fan with more money than sense (or patience) bid $1000 for a Gleeson and loads of other vendors then chucked their GOF Gleeson's on at the $800 mark or more? Does Artbox owe the collector an $800 replacement? I'd say no.

When Artbox inserted the OOTP Gleeson redemption they were guaranteeing the collector would get an autograph of a good actor who played a large role in the previous film and was barely in the next, that is it. Sure Artbox would know a Gleeson would be worth more than the likes of say, a Warwick Davies, but they don't guarantee you are pulling a card worth 'x' amount of dollars.

In the end they replaced a Mad-Eye Moody auto for an Albus Dumbledore, who (apart from the 3 child leads) is the MAIN character across the ENTIRE series. Given what **** Artbox could have given as a replacement I think the substitute is a very good one.

Well said X!