Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    HP: OOTP Mad Eye Redemption
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HP: OOTP Mad Eye Redemption
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rubadub001:
I've recently just had a very positive experience with Artbox and although I paid $50 for the Gleeson redemption, and have been waiting for it since the series came out - I'm willing to cut them some slack.

I think that everyone has been pretty patient so far and Artbox's customer service people have been quite pleasant. Having said that, nobody has any idea when, or if, these redemptions will be fulfilled. Artbox is not giving out any new information and thus far hasn't mentioned the idea of offering anything as replacements.

More than one redemption card is involved and some people have already been waiting 8 - 10 months. I like Artbox, but they are going to have to address the situation one way or the other. There are only 3 choices:

1) We will mail you the autograph card soon.
2) We can't get the autograph card, but we'll mail you something of equal value.
3) We can't get the autograph card, and we're not mailing you anything.

Until Artbox issues some statement you can't expect redemption holders to stop asking about the cards they are owed.

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nevets
posted Hide Post
I just have to say that IMO to advertise/insert redemption cards into a product when item is not in hand, or confirmed "in route" is just plain SHADY!

I feel for all of you who have been waiting for great cards that may never actually come into existence on any level.

Posts: 168 | Location: Portland | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by HIM:
Exactly..they arent in yet.

What irked me the most was the first two times I called to check they made it seem like they were fixing to be shipped to them or they were on the way etc etc...

Did they literally tell you this or did you infer this yourself?

I've recently just had a very positive experience with Artbox and although I paid $50 for the Gleeson redemption, and have been waiting for it since the series came out - I'm willing to cut them some slack.

Here's hoping the card comes in for everybody!

I dont recall the exact wording used but it was something to the effect of what I said.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

I think that everyone has been pretty patient so far and Artbox's customer service people have been quite pleasant. Having said that, nobody has any idea when, or if, these redemptions will be fulfilled. Artbox is not giving out any new information and thus far hasn't mentioned the idea of offering anything as replacements.

More than one redemption card is involved and some people have already been waiting 8 - 10 months. I like Artbox, but they are going to have to address the situation one way or the other. There are only 3 choices:

1) We will mail you the autograph card soon.
2) We can't get the autograph card, but we'll mail you something of equal value.
3) We can't get the autograph card, and we're not mailing you anything.

Until Artbox issues some statement you can't expect redemption holders to stop asking about the cards they are owed.

I was told there were no replacement options. I had specifically asked about that and was told that other autos that were in hand had to be kept in hand because they still had redemption cards that might be pulled and had to remain in hand for that purpose.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
If the Moody and Figg autos don't come in, Artbox will have no choice but to offer some sort of replacement. They have inserts from older HP sets (those cards often end up in the SDCC grab bags) that could most certainly be used, or they could contract with one of the HP actors to produce a separate auto.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
The part that upsets me the most is when a redemption is taking so long, people catch on, thus the price of the card goes for less the further along we go.

If they dont get the cards in to redeem, the replacement value will be judged by the lower price its recently getting. That wont be close to same value.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Comming around to a full year and nothing yet.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
Wow, it has been a year now... I have spoken to Artbox about this a few times and they are also feeling a little frustrated that they have not gotten the autographs back from some of the celebrities. I have always gotten timely responses back for any of my emails and phone calls which is very much appreciated.

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to officially give a late happy annv wish to myself for hitting the 1yr mark.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just wanted to officially give a late happy annv wish to myself for hitting the 1yr mark.

Congrats on your one year anniversary - mine was in December. Have a toast on me! Wink Maybe we'll get them before Con in July!!

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NL:
quote:

Congrats on your one year anniversary - mine was in December. Have a toast on me! Wink Maybe we'll get them before Con in July!!

I will celebrate Mrs. Figg's 1st anniversary next month. She and Mad Eye must be slow writers. Big Grin

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well it is now the official one year anniversary of my Mrs. Figg Artbox redemption card submission. I know others have had redemptions out longer from this series.

I think Artbox should consider making some sort of acknowledgment about the autographs they have not be able to obtain. Things happen and I'm not blaming the company for that, but ignoring redemption holders just adds insult to injury.

Usually some sort of substitution is presented, but if nothing is forthcoming please Artbox at least tell us so, and we will stop asking. Frown

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
I lost the ph# so I havent been able to call for awhile and when I tried checking their site it was down.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
I lost the ph# so I havent been able to call for awhile and when I tried checking their site it was down.

I'm not sure, but I found this doing a google search...

Artbox Entertainment
929 Calle Negocio, Suite D
San Clemente, CA 92673
USA
(949) 542-8990
(949) 542-8999

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

They say that the website is under maintenance and the revision process has taken longer than expected. I don't know how long they have been down.

The phone numbers should be good. I've called twice before myself and customer service is pleasant. However I never got any information beyond the fact that they were waiting for the autographs and would mail the cards as soon as they got them.

Picture of anjee
posted Hide Post
i agree with your earlier statement raven. they should be telling us SOMETHING. i have also just passed my year mark for the mad-eye redemption. if he isn't going to sign then replace it with something else already. Roll Eyes

how about a radcliffe, watson or grint auto. that seems fair for the wait. Big Grin

Posts: 310 | Location: madison,wi | Registered: January 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by anjee:
how about a radcliffe, watson or grint auto. that seems fair for the wait. Big Grin

Dream on anjee. Cool

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
I worked all day and didnt get a chance to call...prob wont be able to call again till tuesday.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
I made my call yesterday and needless to say I wasnt shocked by the answer I got.

I was told pretty much the EXACT same thing that Ive been told everytime.

This time I did get an answer that if that autograph doesnt happen, theyll work on getting someone else to sign in replacement.

I was told in a couple of weeks they would know who that person would be etc etc...Granted I expect to hear 99.9999999999999% of the exact same stuff when I call in a couple of weeks.

Yes, I know that theres nothing they can do about it or w/e any other excuse someone wants to give, all I want is for them to be honest and quit telling me stuff that isnt true.

Half a year ago I was told they expected them in anyday now as if they were signed and on the way. I dont hear that statement anymore but I dont like being told stuff that keeps me hanging on for a "couple of weeks" each time I call.

Id be happy with we havent heard anything, try back again in a few wks vs being told something that gives me the impression that something is gonna happen soon.

Over a year later and Im still in the same position with the same excuses.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

This is the BIG problem with redemptions, no guarantees, but I don't blame Artbox, some things are not within the manufacturer's control and customer service was good once I got a person.

Maybe because Im a bit upset over this but I say blame them.

They dont deserve 100% of it but they deserve some. Dont advertise what you dont know is guranteed.