Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    HP: OOTP Mad Eye Redemption
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HP: OOTP Mad Eye Redemption
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Wrenn: If you see Brandon Gleeson, punch him in the face.

I could see the headlines now "Brandon Gleeson severly beaten by collectors"

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
quote:
Originally posted by HIM:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Wrenn:
As mentioned in this thread numerous times, this is not ARTBOX's fault. It is the actors fault. If you see Brandon Gleeson, punch him in the face, but don't blame a company when an actor does not come through.

They are doing everything they can to get him to sign these cards.

Actually, I can and will place some blame on Artbox. Stuff happens beyond their control, I get that, at the sametime thats not something that should be taken out on the people that buy their products. Why should we be the ones waiting? They got their money from everyone buying their stuff and its those buyers that are being left hanging with no money and no card.

Going on close to 2yrs, any respectable company would have done something for those being left in the cold.

How long would you suggest we wait then since 2yrs seems to be perfectly fine for you?

Talk about flogging a dead horse. I get that you're disappointed (don't we all) but maybe its time to call it a day on this one?

If you desperately need a Gleeson there is always the GOF auto if you can bear the thought of 'giving Artbox' anymore of your money.

Maybe youre willing to lay down and take it from the companies but dont give me static because Im not. If this is such a dead horse subject to you, you dont have to click and read it.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
You know, since I have THREE of these redemptions with Artbox, I could care less how long I wait. If I eventually get it, great, if I don't and I get some kind of replacement, great.

I have had Upper Deck sport card replacements that took OVER 2 years to get. I could have asked for a replacement, but just like this card, I held out hope I would get it because it is a card I wanted. Who cares. Artbox isn't some shady company, they will make right, they are just trying to get some loser actor to honor the contract he signed. Do you think it is possible that Mr. Gleeson or his agent have told them over and over that he WOULD sign the cards, and they are in the same waiting boat as us? If every single month they are told the cards WILL be signed and WILL be returned, they have their fingers crossed that it will finally happen.

Artbox has been "left in the cold" just as much as the collector. They had a signed contract, and may have even paid up front for these signatures. This type of thing happens. This is the first time out of what...10 harry potter sets that this has happened? Chill out and be glad they aren't like other companies, if a Brendan Gleeson autograph that has not shown up yet is the biggest problem you have today, this week, this month, this year, believe me, you are a very lucky person.

See, thats you..not me. Im not telling you how to handle this situation, how to act or react about it, so dont tell me how to.

What has me upset the most is that Ive personally been told on more than 1 occasion over a span of several months that a replacement option would have been figured out by this point. Instead of keeping their word and taking care of things, like I think they should, they keep pushing us off making us wait so they arent out anymore money. So youll have to excuse me if I do consider that to be shady.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am not blaming Artbox for Brendan not signing. What I do blame them is not offering a replacement after all this time. I was told that they would have a replacement (with someone comparable) by the time they got to Comic Con. That was 6 months ago. I called and asked if they would substitute a Julie Walters card for my Moody redemption. I was told that they were going to have this resolved soon. Well that was a few months ago.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by X:
quote:
quote:
As mentioned in this thread numerous times, this is not ARTBOX's fault. It is the actors fault. If you see Brandon Gleeson, punch him in the face, but don't blame a company when an actor does not come through.

They are doing everything they can to get him to sign these cards.

Actually, I can and will place some blame on Artbox. Stuff happens beyond their control, I get that, at the sametime thats not something that should be taken out on the people that buy their products. Why should we be the ones waiting? They got their money from everyone buying their stuff and its those buyers that are being left hanging with no money and no card.

Going on close to 2yrs, any respectable company would have done something for those being left in the cold.

How long would you suggest we wait then since 2yrs seems to be perfectly fine for you?

Talk about flogging a dead horse. I get that you're disappointed (don't we all) but maybe its time to call it a day on this one?

If you desperately need a Gleeson there is always the GOF auto if you can bear the thought of 'giving Artbox' anymore of your money.

Maybe youre willing to lay down and take it from the companies but dont give me static because Im not. If this is such a dead horse subject to you, you dont have to click and read it.

As an analogy, what you're doing reminds me of people who would sue someone who has no money just for the principle of the matter. All you do is waste your time and money and in the end have nothing to show for it.
Its not about being willing to 'take it' but about knowing when to walk away from a losing battle - there are better ways to spend your energies.

Just put it to the back of your mind, and you never know - one day Artbox may surprise you. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

I click on the thread because hope springs eternal that I will hear a positive end to this drawn out personal mission of yours - nobody likes to be stiffed by companies (I'd argue redemption cards are always risky business though). Maybe you're right though and I should stop clicking because it seems I always know what is going to happen: absoutely nothing! After 2 years surely you would reaslise the same?

That said, if they do come through with a solution - given how many times you said you have contacted them I'm sure your name will be on their books!

I wish you the best of luck if you want to keep pursuing the matter (seriously), just don't sound so surprised everytime bugger all happens or another hollow promise is made.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I waited for a Mrs. Figg autograph card for over a year, made a couple of calls, got a couple of unkept promises, and in the end Artbox came through with it.

Mad Eye has been MIA for twice as long, but who knows, in the end Artbox might come through with it.

Now here's the thing, what is the business payoff to keeping your customers waiting on open-ended redemptions? To me, not much.

Your customer service has to keep fielding phone calls and letters from the very same people. You get complaint threads like these the whole while. Every broken promise and missed deadline gets people more annoyed, so that by the time the card is delivered, if it is delivered, you don't even get credit for it because it never should have gone on that long.

Artbox should substitute a comparable card when any redemption is still not received six months after product release. Its not the company's fault if an actor won't live up to his contract, but some policy must be in place to compensate the buyer when it happens. By dragging it out it just creates ill will that is not forgotten even after that card may finally arrive.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
This is not only bad for public perception of Artbox, it hurts the dealers, too. I'm now very leery of purchasing redemptions for any set, regardless of manufacturer, unless I know that the manufacturer has the cards in hand.

On a happier note, Artbox has received the HBP dual Dan Radcliffe/Tom Felton autos and is mailing them out.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I hold the company 100% responsible. After getting burned on the Jeffrey Dean Morgan Americana autograph and having a hand full of inkworks autograph redemptions that are good for nothing but TP I don't bother with redemptions anymore..

I could handle the 2 year wait it's the obvious ******* around by the company that would annoy me. IF they had a contract (considering how many times have lied/stretched the truth already I would have to see it to believe it) they could take legal action for him to sign or return the money..

After what happened with Inkworks and them sticking it to the customers I would be worried about spending a small fortune and sending them in only to find out that they are out of business and it was a waste..

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Streich:
I hold the company 100% responsible. After getting burned on the Jeffrey Dean Morgan Americana autograph and having a hand full of inkworks autograph redemptions that are good for nothing but TP I don't bother with redemptions anymore..

I could handle the 2 year wait it's the obvious ******* around by the company that would annoy me. IF they had a contract (considering how many times have lied/stretched the truth already I would have to see it to believe it) they could take legal action for him to sign or return the money..

After what happened with Inkworks and them sticking it to the customers I would be worried about spending a small fortune and sending them in only to find out that they are out of business and it was a waste..

I purchased the redemption cards for both Gleeson and Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Luckily, it wasn't an earth shattering amount. But, now I am going to get some card I don't want since JDM didn't sign the card and who knows when the Gleeson card will come...if ever.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
You know while I agree that 2 years is far to long to wait for a redemption and artbox have had some very very poor customer service with this whole issue, they may yet fix the problem. Your comments about inkworks however are yet again uncalled for. They went out of business, and have suffered a lot for it. You think it's nice to lose a company you spent a long time building? They offered some of the best customer service ever in the history of non sports, and produced so great sets. Obviously the value of your artificiality rare cards dropped when they lost there whole company and the cards became a lot more common. The irresponsibility shown by those on the secondary market is also well known but often much less commented on. inkworks may well in hindsight have had to many cards in there back stock but at least THEY didn't dump 70,000 of them onto the open market in the space of three months.

Inkworks worked hard to make sure all customers redemptions could be redeemed up until the last days. Do you just enjoy kicking people when they are down already? Cards are not an easy business to be in you know.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Wow! After reading the last two pages of this thread, I am surprised at how heated it is.

I can feel H.I.M's frustration. If I was waiting on a redemption for over 2 years and being told something was being done about it and it never happens, I would be annoyed too. I would rather hear silence over a broken promise. Nothing wrong with feeling frustrated and expressing it.

As for Jim,you have got to let it go. Inkworks would have been better off not redeeming expired redemptions instead of offering them over the years because then there would be nothing to complain about. The card would be expired no matter what!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Inkworks would have been better off not redeeming expired redemptions instead of offering them over the years because then there would be nothing to complain about. The card would be expired no matter what!

Couldn't agree more. While Artbox does need a better policy to address lingering unfulfilled redemptions, the situation with Inkworks was totally different and it shouldn't be brought into this conversation.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Wow! After reading the last two pages of this thread, I am surprised at how heated it is.

I can feel H.I.M's frustration. If I was waiting on a redemption for over 2 years and being told something was being done about it and it never happens, I would be annoyed too. I would rather hear silence over a broken promise. Nothing wrong with feeling frustrated and expressing it.

I obviously didnt come across the way I wanted but yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Id rather deal with an automated system that says "If youre still waiting for the Mad Eye Redemption, please press 5"...and when I press 5 I hear a voice that says "We still dont have it"....click.....THAT I can deal with. I dont like being lied to.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well I decided to give a call to see whats up. The same story. They are working with him to get them signed and if not they will have an alternative. I said you have been saying that since before Comic-con. I then asked if their is a firm date where they will say enough is enough and offer a substitute. She replied a vague couple of months. I offered to take a Julie Walters or Helen McCrory. She said they can't do that.

Sorry..At first I blamed Brendan Gleeson. But, for making people wait 2yrs and at least not offer something to people who are tired of waiting for this long is inexcuseable on Artbox's part.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just called. Still nothing new to report.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
Just called. Still nothing new to report.

Did you speak with Kay?

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you speak with Kay?

If she is the lady who answers the phone?...Then yes.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
Wow! What a thread! I guess there's something to be said about this in reference to all the manufacturers except Rittenhouse Archives and Breygent Marketing who don't have redemption autographs.. I realize that Artbox, Panini/Donruss and the "gone by the wayside" Inkworks are at the mercy of the "celebrities" but I feel after so long a substitute OF EQUAL VALUE should be offered as a replacement or you can continure to wait for the original Redemption Autograph hoping it materializes..I'm still waiting not only for the Brenden Gleason of Years ago and the Isaacs/Felton Dual Autographs from the middle of last year. Artbox has been awesome in thier replies about redemptions but I can't say the same for Panini/Donruss. The low end and crappy replacements they offer if a Redemption Autograph doesn't come in is a shame or should I say sham? You send in a Redemption that is Numbered to 50 and after 1.5 to 2 years they send you back a replacement that is numbered to a couple hundered.. Thier Customer Service also is so lousy that if you question what they send you they stop responding. They might also promise to replace the Autograph Card they sent and but then after a while they say they don't know what you're talking about. Your emails and requests are ignored. Inkworks bugged me because they sold the Autograph Card twice.. Once in the original product as a redemption and the 2nd time to Razor when they went under. Now that's salesmanship! Not really because myself like everyone else has lost a lot of money on Inkwork's worthless Autos and Pieceworks..Thanks a lot Alan! Not an Uncle anymore! Donruss/Panini I hope you go the same route as Inkworks! Oblivion! Rittenhouse Archives and Breygent Marketing, thanks so much for everything you do. You're absolutely awesome for the business and trading card industry!

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
They had a signed contract, and may have even paid up front for these signatures.

Believe me, they do pay up front. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Artbox went with a verbal commitment, but that would have to be one of the stupidest business practices ever in Hollywood.

After all this nonsense with Brendan Gleeson, I wouldn't even want his dern card if he can't be bothered to sit down for an hour or two(perhaps he should try the Kate Vernon method-speeds things up a bit!) and sign a few hundred cards.

I don't like Harry Potter(yes, I know I'm one of a group of about 10 people), but it seems to me Artbox has been shafted and they should simply demand Mr. Gleeson return the money for failure to fulfill his contract and offer a comparable replacement to those who have sent in the redemption. I know there will be some grumbles saying they wanted BRENDAN GLEESON, but by Artbox delaying this any further, they're creating their own mess.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Artbox's problem with getting their redemptions taken care of shouldnt be the customers problem.

When its been 2yrs+ and listen to Artbox give the same lame excuse over and over is a bit much.

Not to mention they obviously have NO PROBLEMS straight out lying to the people that are waiting for that autograph.