Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    HP: OOTP Mad Eye Redemption
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HP: OOTP Mad Eye Redemption
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
It states on the foil pack:

Approximate odds per pack of finding special insert cards: Rare chase cards 1:5; Prop and Cinema FilmCards 1:80; Costume cards 1:24; Autograph cards 1:48. No guaranteed number of special insert cards per pack. These odds reflect an average of the entire production run. This ratio is not guaranteed to exist within any individual box or case.

Since Artbox does not guarantee inserts in any box or case, this might mean it isn't legally obligated to honor any redemption.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nevets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kbmum:
It states on the foil pack:

Approximate odds per pack of finding special insert cards: Rare chase cards 1:5; Prop and Cinema FilmCards 1:80; Costume cards 1:24; Autograph cards 1:48. No guaranteed number of special insert cards per pack. These odds reflect an average of the entire production run. This ratio is not guaranteed to exist within any individual box or case.

Since Artbox does not guarantee inserts in any box or case, this might mean it isn't legally obligated to honor any redemption.

I doubt it. That is pertaining to insert ratio, not redemptions.

Posts: 168 | Location: Portland | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Hopefully Ill remember to call tomorrow. Its been awhile since Ive been given a BS line and brushed off. Seems about the right time for it.

Im seriously thinking of sending them flowers for our 3rd annv.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HIM:
Hopefully Ill remember to call tomorrow. Its been awhile since Ive been given a BS line and brushed off. Seems about the right time for it.

Im seriously thinking of sending them flowers for our 3rd annv.

Just got off the phone with Kay. From what it sounds like they have pretty much given up hope for Brendan to sign. So they have a couple of others they are contacting. And they are waiting for approvals from Warner and JK Rowling.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:

Just got off the phone with Kay. From what it sounds like they have pretty much given up hope for Brendan to sign. So they have a couple of others they are contacting. And they are waiting for approvals from Warner and JK Rowling.

They should have had that ball rolling a LONG time ago.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder if its time for another call...I can almost guess what they are going to say. Wink

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
I wonder if its time for another call...I can almost guess what they are going to say. Wink

Thumb Up

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Can't believe this is still going on. Shake Head

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Believe it or not, I can.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Artbox also does not support NSU with ads. Why should any of us support them? Confused

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Artbox also does not support NSU with ads. Why should any of us support them? Confused

People read NSU because they collect cards. . . they don't collect cards because they read NSU. . .

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Then you are part of the problem, and have little to offer to support the hobby. I think that's why you are "retired".

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then you are part of the problem, and have little to offer to support the hobby. I think that's why you are "retired".

?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
X, what are you not understanding? Confused Advertising is vital to NSU, and other manufacturers support the magazine, so why is Artbox exempt?

posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow, really? Why does this have to get personal? I made a statement that wasn't personal towards you at all.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I will agree with you Jon that it wasn't personal, but your comment in general does not support NSU. How do you disagree with that? We can have constructive discussions, but your comment was not supportive of the hobby. If your viewpoint is different, let's discuss it. Is there a reason you need to say that are "retired"? What's the point?

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
OK, simmer down people. Please.

Yes, we would like to be working with Artbox and also to have their advertising support but that just hasn't proven possible as of late. But let's not bring that into this discussion. We already have one going for this sort of thing in the NSU forum, not that I am suggesting the discussion be taken there.

To be honest, though, as Raven said above...I can't believe this issue (i.e. the redemption card) wages on!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will agree with you Jon that it wasn't personal, but your comment in general does not support NSU. How do you disagree with that? We can have constructive discussions, but your comment was not supportive of the hobby. If your viewpoint is different, let's discuss it. Is there a reason you need to say that are "retired"? What's the point?

I really hesitate to try to respond to you, after you jumped down my throat for no reason at all. . . But here is the difference. . .

Your statements imply that support for NSU is support for the hobby.

My statement was that buying cards is supporting the hobby. Supporting NSU is supporting NSU, but they don't have to be tied together at all.

I say I'm retired because I wrote for NSU for 7 years and was one of first moderators on Card Talk. These are things I am proud of. I'm sorry that you find those things so offensive. Additionally many web forums automatically designate former moderators as retired, it was something I borrowed for those boards.

Jon

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I disagree that I "jumped down your throat", that's your opinion. It seems if someone disagrees with you, well, that's ok, I will let it go. At least I stand up for what I believe in, no matter who dosen't like it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I disagree that I "jumped down your throat", that's your opinion. It seems if someone disagrees with you, well, that's ok, I will let it go. At least I stand up for what I believe in, no matter who dosen't like it.

You didn't respond at all to actual discussion, and you don't feel that saying:

'Then you are part of the problem, and have little to offer to support the hobby. I think that's why you are "retired".'

Is jumping down someone's throat.

So much for 'If your viewpoint is different, let's discuss it.' as you said a couple of posts ago.

That's fine though, as I said I hesitated to respond initially anyway as this was what I was expecting.

Jon