Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    HP: OOTP Mad Eye Redemption
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HP: OOTP Mad Eye Redemption
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I'd forgotten that he had signed previously. That actually lowers the bar further.

It's a no win situation for Artbox. Either they damage their reputation by waiting longer or they pony up some more money to make another card for a set that was sold so long ago. It's a lose-lose for them.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks kbmum Wink

Posts: 6 | Location: Thailand | Registered: July 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Comparable replacements will almost always not make everyone happy.

From Artbox's standpoint, all autos are pretty much equal. They don't deal in the secondary market. So if they get another first-time signer it would probably be closest to what they promised.

Something needs to be done, but any replacement won't be good enough for those that were wanting Mad Eye.

Ed

No disrespect intended, but I disagree that even from Artbox's point of view, all autos are created equal. I think its doubtful that Artbox would pay an actor of Emma Watson or Gleeson's calibre the same rate as one of the much lesser known actors, so even if they don't participate in the secondary market, there would still be differences in the cost of the autos at their level.

I hadn't even been aware that Mad Eye had a GOF auto. I think Artbox should go out and purchase GOF Mad Eye autos on the secondary market, and provide those as replacements, maybe with a special stamp. Sure it will cost them more than if they got it directly from the actor, but I would think that would be the closest substitue.

I agree that its very difficult to please everybody, but currently Artbox isn't doing anything which is just irritating everybody.

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
I had actually mentioned seeing if any of the GOF autos were still in house and I was told yes so I asked if that would be a possible replacement. I was told no because they had to keep those in stock for any of those redemptions that might still come in.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
I send in a 'The Rock' redeemption card few years ago from the Mummy movies. I was told there was no more and they just replaced it by Oded Fehr. Those 2 aren't 'comparable' at all. They don't bother of the value, they just send another from the same set that they have multiple and that is not limited...

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
I send in a 'The Rock' redeemption card few years ago from the Mummy movies. I was told there was no more and they just replaced it by Oded Fehr. Those 2 aren't 'comparable' at all. They don't bother of the value, they just send another from the same set that they have multiple and that is not limited...

1. That was Inkworks. This is Artbox Entertainment the main discussion is about.

2. Id be pissed if I pulled a redemption for a card that they didnt have in stock. For every redemption sent out, there should be that 1 card for it to be redeemed.

3. I agree, thats not a fair replacement.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Inkworks also had an arrangement with another outfit (ecardsdirect.com) that had most of the premium (and common) cards for sale. I believe they always held enough signed cards to fill redemptions until the expiration date. The other site had "full retail" prices for the cards, but over time some of the past-redemption-deadline cards could be depleted. I bet that's what happened with the Johnson auto.

Until the "fall", I never saw an instance where Inkworks didn't honor a redemption request past the expiration ... except in a few cases where the card was Sold Out at ecardsdirect. I checked there first before bidding on an auction for a redemption card.

Companies almost always commission more cards (signed or costume or relic) than they need to fill the advertised pack-insertion rate. Some can be used for damage or replacements, but even Artbox has its San Diego "goodie bags."

Some companies have refused to redeem anything past the expiration date. That's an infuriating business decision to collectors, but I guess they are within their rights. Most other companies have tried to honor expired redemptions but many of them went bankrupt and had to sell off their remnants to fill the demands of creditors.

I have stronger opinions on these subjects than I'm stating above. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: allender,

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If they do offer an alternative. They should give the person a choice of at least two other actors. Or they should go back and get someone big who signs from them to get. I asked if I could get a Tom Felton signed card instead...Of course they said no.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if Artbox is still accepting expired redemption's for their harry potter products? Last time I check they were but I have tried calling and emailing several times this past month with no response. I understand they are busy with SDCC but was hoping for some response. I just snagged to sealed cases of Order of the Phoenix Update and was hoping to submit a Mad Eye Redemption if I get one for whatever Mystery Auto will be given in its place.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't hold your breath on the Mad Eye Redemption (if you do get one) as you can see from this email.

With regards to hearing back from Artbox, I would probably just wait until a week or two after comic-con. It's a pretty busy time for them and it's doubtful they will have time to respond.

Sorry - not sure what their official policy with old redemptions is.

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
Artbox is usually very good about expired redemptions, but you should try to call them after they get back from SDCC. The phone number is on the company's website.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard anything from Artbox at SD Comic Con regarding the missing Moody redemptions?....Besides we should have them in 2 weeks.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
I did pull a mad eye redemption! Confused Anyone have an opinion if they feel the redemption is worth more without being exchanged? If there is a replacement than not many of these cards can be out there non-exchanged. This card has a unique image of Gleeson. I guess it depends on who the replacement will be.

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
If you send it in, be prepared for a looooooong wait.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Kay about the MEM auto and they have the studio (WB) involved in getting these cards signed. However, if WB is not successful, then the comparable level auto(s)? will be offered.

We shall see..................

NL

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NL:
I spoke with Kay about the MEM auto and they have the studio (WB) involved in getting these cards signed. However, if WB is not successful, then the comparable level auto(s)? will be offered.

We shall see..................

NL

Thats the same excuse theyve pitched for months now.

Its sad that it seems theyre putting it off on Warner Bros. instead of just sucking it up and take care of their customers.

How long do they expect people to wait?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
I was told today that theyre going to make us wait at the very least, another 2 months, while they "work with WB" to get him to sign.

Take that however you want.

At this point Id bet some money that this redemption will run past 2yrs in waiting for me considering I was told months ago we would have a replacement option in play.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I will take a Maggie Smith card in exchange for a MEM.

Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
I will take a Maggie Smith card in exchange for a MEM.

Smile

I like your thinking. Ditto for me!

NL Wink

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So has Artbox made a decision yet regarding the Moody redemption? I know they were supposed to make a decision by SDCC.

This is getting ridiculous.