Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    HP: OOTP Mad Eye Redemption
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HP: OOTP Mad Eye Redemption
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HIM:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

This is the BIG problem with redemptions, no guarantees, but I don't blame Artbox, some things are not within the manufacturer's control and customer service was good once I got a person.

Maybe because Im a bit upset over this but I say blame them.

They dont deserve 100% of it but they deserve some. Dont advertise what you dont know is guranteed.

Its hard to blame companies for redemptions that they didn't know they would need. Things happen, people don't honor their contracts, printing deadlines change, its not always within a manufacturers control.

Having said that, customer service is a different matter. The fact is, this has gone on for too long and redemption holders are just being strung along. When you can't get a straight story people get upset. Artbox should just tell callers what they are going to do about it and stop asking them to wait for what is not coming.

Posts: 10372 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
The Mad Eye auto is still not in, but Artbox has received the Kathryn Hunter/Mrs. Figg autos.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kbmum:
The Mad Eye auto is still not in, but Artbox has received the Kathryn Hunter/Mrs. Figg autos.

Really, I haven't had mine redeemed yet, but I'll let you know if it arrives. It's been fourteen months since I mailed it in and the set was released 2 or 3 months before that.

She must be a really sloooow writer. Big Grin

Posts: 10372 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
It sounded to me as if Artbox received the autos only yesterday. I'd imagine they'll be busy mailing the cards this week.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
It sounded to me as if Artbox received the autos only yesterday. I'd imagine they'll be busy mailing the cards this week.

YES, another FESTIVIS miracle (for the Seinfeld fans).

Received my Mrs. Figg card today, along with P1, P2 and P3 Memorable Moments promos. Here's the most important part of the letter:

"Congratulations!! We are finally able to fulfill your redempton request for Kathryn Hunter! Please accept our deepest apologies for the delay in the deliverance of your redemption order request, and thank you for your utmost patience."

It ends "Thank you again for your understanding, and your continuing support."

So now I have my card after 14 months and I harbor no ill will to Artbox, who was trying to make good on their redemption. However this doesn't help the people waiting for the Mad Eye autograph, except to know that its possible you still might get it.

Its an unfortunate situation and I really hope that all manufacturers will try their best to eliminate redemptions as much as possible since nothing good ever comes of them.

Anyhow, my thanks to Artbox for sending the card.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
After a little over 2 months from my last call, I tried again only to be told the exact same story...Its like a script to them by now.

"We are working with Warner Bros. directly and hope to have them in a couple of weeks"

The last time I called I was told in a couple of weeks they would have an idea of who would be a replacement option of the "same value". Needless to say I wont get my hopes up.

I asked if I called back in 2 weeks they would have some info on who the replacement would be I was told yes.

They claimed to be very bothered and upset etc etc yet I have a hard time believe theyre as upset as the people that paid for the thing and have waited upwards of almost a year and a half. The only thing theyre bothered by is the fact that people keep hitting them up asking when its gonna be taken care of.

At this point its simply a joke with them.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
I had alot of time to kill today and I completely forgot that its been almost 2 months since I last spoke with them and wouldnt you know it, their "promise" to call me back never happened.

What are the odds if I call tomorrow, Ill get the SAME line of **** theyve been giving me for a year now?

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One clue in HIM's post is "We are working with Warner Bros." I'm starting to conclude is that a major impediment has been working through Warner Bros instead of dealing directly with the actors, and the studio might not consider it their top priority.

We were talking on another forum on why there were so many redemptions for HP sets, and I noticed that there were comparatively few (though not zero) for other Artbox sets. With the delay for the movie release for HPB, it seemed illogical that there should be 8 redemptions for a set that was conceived and planned out last fall.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
I remembered to call today and was told the same line Ive been given for over a year now. Supposedly theyll be hearing back from Mr Gleason next week and theyll have a yes or no from him on wether or not we will actually be getting these cards.

Its been almost a year and a half for me and I know some of you have had them in there longer so I feel for you.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can I send a redemption card to Artbox?
(I live in Thailand.)

Thanks

Posts: 6 | Location: Thailand | Registered: July 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
One clue in HIM's post is "We are working with Warner Bros." I'm starting to conclude is that a major impediment has been working through Warner Bros instead of dealing directly with the actors, and the studio might not consider it their top priority.

We were talking on another forum on why there were so many redemptions for HP sets, and I noticed that there were comparatively few (though not zero) for other Artbox sets. With the delay for the movie release for HPB, it seemed illogical that there should be 8 redemptions for a set that was conceived and planned out last fall.

Seeing as the film was due to be released last year, it's possible that Artbox already had the boxes ready and it would have been too costly to repackage. As far as I'm aware, the only cards that aren't available from the redemptions in the last two releases are those with Tom Felton's auto.

As for Warners not giving priority, their TV arm have put a block on card licences so it's no surprise in them being moody over Moody

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
I have a redemption for this card in as well. I didn't pack-pull it, but bought it off flea-bay.

Won't be buying anymore Artbox Redemption autos in the future unless I know they already have the autos in hand.

Not that happy about it, but then can't really keep crying over the same spilt milk forever.

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I am not mistaken, 7 of the 8 redemptions for the Half Blood Prince were already in when the set went live.

The only one not in is the Felton/Radcliffe dual and also the only one from the MM2 set is the Felton/Isaacs dual so it would appear Artbox is waiting on Tom Felton to sign. I will ask what is going on at Comic Con, but last I heard Artbox will be making a decision after comic con about the Moody auto.

Posts: 139 | Location: Lake Placid, FL | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tsuyu:
(I live in Thailand.)

Thanks

Which redemption do you have and from what set?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Wrenn:
last I heard Artbox will be making a decision after comic con about the Moody auto.

Considering Ive been told they would know in two weeks on several occasions over the span of a few months, I dont believe anything that comes from them..assuming you heard that first hand direclty from someone at Artbox.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tsuyu:
(I live in Thailand.)

Thanks

Which redemption do you have and from what set?

From HBP
(Sorry if I asked a question in the wrong place)

Posts: 6 | Location: Thailand | Registered: July 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
Supposedly, Artbox has all but the dual HBP autos. You can send in the redemption you have, but keep in mind that Artbox will be at SDCC next week and won't be mailing out autos.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Called them the other day. And the same story as always. They should know with Gleeson in the next 2 weeks.

This is ridiculous. I am trying to think what comparable signature they could offer.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Comparable replacements will almost always not make everyone happy.

From Artbox's standpoint, all autos are pretty much equal. They don't deal in the secondary market. So if they get another first-time signer it would probably be closest to what they promised.

Something needs to be done, but any replacement won't be good enough for those that were wanting Mad Eye.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Comparable replacements will almost always not make everyone happy.

From Artbox's standpoint, all autos are pretty much equal. They don't deal in the secondary market. So if they get another first-time signer it would probably be closest to what they promised.

Something needs to be done, but any replacement won't be good enough for those that were wanting Mad Eye.

Ed

Well, he was in the Goblet of Fire set, so if someone really wanted a Mad Eye, they could go there. However, as someone who also has been waiting over a year for this redemption, I am seriously wondering what is up with him. I am also considering moving, and I don't want to have to worry about never getting a redeemed card, rather than waiting another year or having it finally be sent and it never getting back to me. It's kind of a lose-lose either way.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post