Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    HP: OOTP Mad Eye Redemption
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HP: OOTP Mad Eye Redemption
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Whatever. Shake Head

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Good one, Kevin, hey, let's talk about stuff, even if we have different viewpoints. Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Artbox also does not support NSU with ads. Why should any of us support them? Confused

I support Artbox because they make nice cards. The Harry Potter props are some of the nicest prop cards I have seen. I am sorry they do not support NSU, and I wish they would. But, as long as they make cards that interest me, I will continue to purchase them.

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well, now that everyone's blown off some steam, this thread is all about one redemption card that has remained unfulfilled for almost three years. I had the HP Mrs. Figg myself, but Artbox made good on that one after ONLY about 15 months.

No matter what you think of Artbox's cards, there is no excuse for keeping redemption holders in limbo this long. I mean it serves no purpose besides aggravation and its not like collectors haven't been calling customer service month in and month out.

Why Artbox management would allow this situation to fester so long is beyond me. Just say you're sorry, the signer hasn't lived up to his commitment, and provide a reasonable replacement autograph card. Would that be so hard? Confused

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Well, now that everyone's blown off some steam, this thread is all about one redemption card that has remained unfulfilled for almost three years. I had the HP Mrs. Figg myself, but Artbox made good on that one after ONLY about 15 months.

No matter what you think of Artbox's cards, there is no excuse for keeping redemption holders in limbo this long. I mean it serves no purpose besides aggravation and its not like collectors haven't been calling customer service month in and month out.

Why Artbox management would allow this situation to fester so long is beyond me. Just say you're sorry, the signer hasn't lived up to his commitment, and provide a reasonable replacement autograph card. Would that be so hard? Confused

This has gone on for over 3yrs for me and I know some people have me beat by months.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then you are part of the problem, and have little to offer to support the hobby. I think that's why you are "retired".

Who are you and what do you have to offer to support this hobby besides insults?

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nicnac:
quote:
Then you are part of the problem, and have little to offer to support the hobby. I think that's why you are "retired".

Who are you and what do you have to offer to support this hobby besides insults?

Nicnac...Why bring this back up again? I know there's been discussion elsewhere on this. It's been dead for 4 days or so, so why steer this back off topic? It just seems to me that you will only cause more pot-stirring with what you've posted.

By the way...no need to answer me here. But if you would like to discuss privately by e-mail, please feel free to e-mail. My e-mail address is in my profile.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
This going on still is a disgrace and frankly people have let them get away with it. I cant imagine the abuse some of you would have given Topps or Upper Deck or even Inkworks if they had done this. If this was the UK legally they would have to make right under trade discriptions act. If i was owed this card, i would contact the relevant licensing person at Warner brothers on mass and loudly complain.

Posts: 685 | Location: uk | Registered: September 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darren:
This going on still is a disgrace and frankly people have let them get away with it. I cant imagine the abuse some of you would have given Topps or Upper Deck or even Inkworks if they had done this. If this was the UK legally they would have to make right under trade discriptions act. If i was owed this card, i would contact the relevant licensing person at Warner brothers on mass and loudly complain.

What can we do? The value isnt high enough to warrant legal action. We've called several times and even tried requesting replacements but get told either no or we're working on it. We've been given the same excuse for 2yrs. Theyre either "working with WB to get him to sign them" or "working with him or his agent".

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I guess its time for my every few months call. Although, Their are 3 guarantees in life...Death..Taxes..& hearing the same excuse from Artbox ("We are working on a replacement. Just waiting to get approval. Well know very soon.)

Whats this going on 3yrs now?

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I got mine this morning Dance Elephant Bouncey Clap

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Is this an April Fool's joke?

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I got beaten to it, was going to use it as my 2012 April Fools Day joke Big Grin

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
Is this an April Fool's joke?
Afraid so. All thats left is to laugh at the abserdity of the situation Shake Head

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
I was gonna do that but then I realized it wasnt that funny when youve been waiting over 3yrs lol.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Couldn't of said better myself! I probably have one of the largest Harry Potter collections out there, would have to go out on a limb and say top 10 so I am a HUGE Artbox fan! I sold my redemption because I did not want to wait this long and picked up the GOF version. I almost kept the redemption though because it has been so mysterious. Artbox should have offered some kind of replacement by now. What happened to customer service?

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally got through to them. Shock of shocks...Same answer. They are trying to get a replacement worked out. What a joke.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
Finally got through to them. Shock of shocks...Same answer. They are trying to get a replacement worked out. What a joke.

Thats funny. I called the other day and was told there are no replacements being worked on and that they are still waiting to get them from Gleason.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
I will be away for a week, but I would be very interested in seeing a scan of the redemption card (front and back) to see what the wording is on them. After three years perhaps it's time someone started shaking the tree a little harder.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
3 and a half yrs and nothing. They told me I was absurd for thinking this might last 4 or 5yrs.