wolfie
HP: OOTP Mad Eye Redemption
Mad eye who?

July 28, 2010, 04:15 AM
jdbuzz44
That made me laugh....LOL
July 28, 2010, 07:41 AM
Jim Streich
probably said "we are working on it" when under their breath saying "sucks to be you"..

Guess MADMAD eye is appropriate name for card..

July 28, 2010, 11:25 AM
ts
Probably the same thing they said at the last 2 Comic Cons. "We are just waiting for them from Mr.Gleeson. If not. We have a suitable replacement we will be giving using. Just waiting on approval of the pictures from Warner." Roll Eyes
September 17, 2010, 09:15 AM
ts
I guess I should make my every 2 month call...to hear they are close to working something out.
September 20, 2010, 03:13 PM
ts
Same ole..Same ole. Their discussing a possible replacement. I said to her that they been saying that for almost a year.
September 23, 2010, 05:34 AM
HIM
They obviously couldnt give a rats ***. They have their money, what do they care.

We've been told that a decision would be made after the past 2 SDCC's and as those came an gone, nothing new has been mentioned.

September 23, 2010, 09:34 AM
X
Is this still going? Roll Eyes

At what point will you guys admit defeat?!? If they weren't going to do anything two years ago, why are they going to do something now?
September 23, 2010, 10:26 AM
Kevin F
quote:
Originally posted by X:

At what point will you guys admit defeat?!? If they weren't going to do anything two years ago, why are they going to do something now?
Even card collectors need a hobby Big Grin
September 24, 2010, 09:09 AM
X
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Originally posted by X:

Even card collectors need a hobby Big Grin

Big Grin

Given this has ran to 9 pages - time for a new one I think!
September 24, 2010, 04:19 PM
Natalie
You know, I saw Brendan Gleeson on TV on some awards show and all I could think was, "why don't you sign your cards?!!" (and I'm not even one of the people that had a redemption to send in...guess I've been reading these posts for too long!)
September 27, 2010, 11:42 PM
ts
quote:
Originally posted by X:

Yes..I will survive if I don't get my card. But, why should I give up? Artbox is not some random seller on ebay who screws someone and then disappears. They are a reputable company who made a commitment to provide a product. We purchased the cards in good faith and have seen nothing in return. Not providing at least a replacement is nothing more than fraud. How would you feel if you went to a reputable store gave them $50 and didn't get anything in return? I can guarantee you would be annoyed and fight back...Its not even the money now..Its the principle.
September 29, 2010, 09:41 AM
HIM
People know what this thread is about so why bother clicking on it to roll your eyes and make dumb comments?

Like TS said, its not about the money anymore. If you like getting a redemption and not have a company come through for almost 3yrs thats on you but I have no problem keeping on them to make sure the people that bought into their product get what they paid for.

September 30, 2010, 02:27 PM
X
I don't disagree with anything either of you have said, and totally understand being annoyed. I keep foolishly checking the thread hoping for a resolution I know will never come! And truth be told I sort of admire the tenacity to keep persuing the matter - because why should they be let off the hook?

OK Artbox screwed a few people out of a card (a card you were not guaranteed to specifically pull from a box anyway) but if you really want to stick it to them... don't give them anymore of your custom.

IMO You should either step it up (as its pretty easy for any company to shrug off a bi-monthly phone call when the complainer has accepted the same BS lines for god-knows how long) or just wash your hands of the situation and move onto better things. Afterall, I think if they wanted to rectify the situation they would have done so by now - don't you?
September 30, 2010, 03:51 PM
ts
What angers me the most. Is that I have offered a few times to take a replacement...Even with autos they already have. And they have refused.
September 30, 2010, 06:21 PM
Nicnac
maybe Artbox is enjoying this sick game Wink
October 02, 2010, 12:30 AM
kbmum
Or, maybe they're being given the run-around by Gleeson and Warner Bros.
October 04, 2010, 11:08 AM
ts
quote:
Originally posted by kbmum:
Or, maybe they're being given the run-around by Gleeson and Warner Bros.

I am sure that is true. But, its been 2yrs. They should make a replacement available. If you want to wait you can or be able to take the replacement.
October 05, 2010, 06:51 AM
HIM
X, what more can we do other than keep calling and not buying the product? For the record, I havent touched a single Artbox product since and I had plans of building a nice Potter PC for my gf. Not anymore after this.

The redemption doesnt gurantee squat so at this point they probably could just say "sorry" and not give us anything at all.

October 05, 2010, 09:37 AM
ts
quote:
Originally posted by HIM:
The redemption doesnt gurantee squat so at this point they probably could just say "sorry" and not give us anything at all.

Can they really not send you anything? Aren't they at least legally obligated to send a replacement? The card is almost a written promise of an item.