Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    HP: OOTP Mad Eye Redemption
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HP: OOTP Mad Eye Redemption
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
You have proof they are LYING to you?

I would watch your choice of words because i'm pretty sure slandering a company is not permitted on NSU.

It is possible every month they are told the autographs are coming by his manager, so it isn't a lie.

Posts: 10 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HIM:
Artbox's problem with getting their redemptions taken care of shouldnt be the customers problem.

When its been 2yrs+ and listen to Artbox give the same lame excuse over and over is a bit much.

Not to mention they obviously have NO PROBLEMS straight out lying to the people that are waiting for that autograph.

I really don't have too many Artbox cards, just because I'm not into Potter, so I really have never dealt with them. But that said, it's possible they've been strung along and led to believe they will eventually receive those cards. I certainly understand your frustration though. Replacing the Gleesons with another comparable card could cost them QUITE a bit of money, which would not be a good thing for them or the hobby. I'm growing more appreciative daily of Rittenhouse's and Breygent's not using redemptions though...

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ben Sampson:
You have proof they are LYING to you?

I would watch your choice of words because i'm pretty sure slandering a company is not permitted on NSU.

It is possible every month they are told the autographs are coming by his manager, so it isn't a lie.

Read this whole thread. When they tell you time and time again this saga is almost over, its not. They tell you theyll have a replacement option, some were even told it would be given AFTER last years SDCC..didnt happen. I was told last year AFTER SDCC that within 2 months we would have a replacement option...that was 4 months ago.

So, kindly tell me what you would call that because its most certainly NOT THE TRUTH.

They shouldnt say theyre gonna do something and not do it...but thats just me.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please don't tell me what to do sir. I have read this thread from the beginning. I will give you $10 to never come in here and complain again. Hell, I will GIVE you a damn Brandon Gleeson autograph just so this thread will quit going on and on. I don't think you post anywhere else on NSU but this thread to complain and slander a company. Worse things are going on in the world and in non sports collecting than a redemption that wasn't honored. Try buying sports cards, you would have a conniption by now with all the redemptions that are replaced. There would not be enough forums on the internet for you to complain on. It happens hundreds of times a day. This is the first time this has happened with Artbox, its not like they have a history of doing this. Can we please cut one of the few companies putting out nice non sport sets some slack?

It is possible that Artbox is being strung along JUST LIKE US. It is possible that every month Gleesons agent is telling artbox that the cards will arrive soon. Being that Artbox is a small company with only one solid property, Im sure they don't like the fact that they are alienating buyers like yourself, but at the same time getting a comparable replacement might cost them a lot of money, and that can lead to worse things than losing a couple buyers.

Posts: 10 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please don't tell me what to do sir. I have read this thread from the beginning. I will give you $10 to never come in here and complain again. Hell, I will GIVE you a damn Brandon Gleeson autograph just so this thread will quit going on and on. I don't think you post anywhere else on NSU but this thread to complain and slander a company. Worse things are going on in the world and in non sports collecting than a redemption that wasn't honored. Try buying sports cards, you would have a conniption by now with all the redemptions that are replaced. There would not be enough forums on the internet for you to complain on. It happens hundreds of times a day. This is the first time this has happened with Artbox, its not like they have a history of doing this. Can we please cut one of the few companies putting out nice non sport sets some slack?

It is possible that Artbox is being strung along JUST LIKE US. It is possible that every month Gleesons agent is telling artbox that the cards will arrive soon. Being that Artbox is a small company with only one solid property, Im sure they don't like the fact that they are alienating buyers like yourself, but at the same time getting a comparable replacement might cost them a lot of money, and that can lead to worse things than losing a couple buyers.

You are so far out of line it's unreal. Lets be clear, if you are told something definitively by a paid representative of a company and that turns out to be untrue you are not committing slander by naming this interaction a lie. Even if no malice is intended in the act, the information was wrong and has been passed to customers over and over for a number of years. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me... The posts in this thread up until yours seemed like reasonable gripes. Your comments about HIM have however crossed the line into personal attacks, and that IS NOT acceptable on these forums, as well you should be aware. Perhaps those in glass houses and all that...

If you sell a product saying it will include something and then fail to produce it, you have not only an ethical but also a legal responsibility to compensate the customers you have harmed. By harm in this instance I obviously mean in the context of money. What licenses ArtBox may or may not have is not relevant in anyway to the customer, nor should it be, but if you insist on bringing it up you should at least check your facts, ArtBox is part of a much larger company and it is not going to suffer any hardship whatsoever by providing an alternative card. Hell they are at SDCC every year with a ton of stuff that is both given away and sold. This is poor customer service and people have every right to highlight it. The fact is even Strictly Ink managed to get a replacement card out for a failed redemption so ArtBox have NO EXCUSE. The ArtBox are being strung along argument holds no water at all, at some point they need to take a firm choice and deal with the customer complaints. If this had been any other product (milk, a TV, a shirt whatever) the vendor involved would have made good by now, be that as a refund on the price of the box these cards came from or an alternative replacement. ArtBox have already lost the European distribution rights to Potter, (now held by Panini) so perhaps they should consider ways of keeping the customers they have. Personally I love the cards they make they are always high quality, but the way they have treated these guys is very very poor indeed and will make me think twice before buying any more of the products they produce. I understand a lot of people are sick of negativity, but these folks have a real complaint and fighting with them because of it is hardly fair or right.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
quote:

so did you just join this site to bash on HIM??

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
This site is available so that everyone can express their views and opinions and I for one want to hear what everyone has to say! Since I've been here I've gotten great advice and information about Non Sport Trading Cards. It also doesn't matter how old a thread is because if it's being posted to it's important to all of us!

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please PLEASE quote me and put in bold where I "personally attacked" HIM.

Please. I dare you. Nothing in my post is personal. I told him I would give him $10 or an autograph card to stop complaining, that isn't a personal attack. That is me being tired of reading the same complaint for 7 pages. Yep Damien, that is exactly why I joined. I'm like that, I like to join forums just to "bash" people. because that is what I just did.

I have been in the business for over 15 years. Artbox has been around for about 6 or 7 of those. This is the FIRST time the company has had this kind of problem, and they are being crucified for it. One company prints counterfeit cards, another company prints cards without having the license, another company just went out of business because of the market for this hobby slowly dying off, another company has been accused of inserted counterfeit cut autographs into their cards and all some people want to do is complain and bash a company when this is the FIRST mistake they have made. It isn't fair to Artbox just as much as it isn't fair to the customer who pulled the card. I have a redemption pending for this card, but I am not going to complain for 7 pages about it. Worse things can happen. If you having to wait a really long time gets you this out of whack then sorry, but you have some SERIOUS problems you need to fix in your life. There are so many bigger problems in the world than a redemption that was not fufilled. In my opinion, Inkworks still owes me a Johnny Depp and a Tim Burton autograph from Sleepy Hollow, but I'm not bitter about it. Things happen. Get over it. I will continue to open Artbox products because I like Harry Potter and the sets are great. Artbox has done more than enough in their short history to make me a fan of their company, and one little thing like this should not be so blown out of line like it is. Instead of 7 pages of complaining why can't people just look at the brighter sides of the hobby

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Ben, Chris, and/or Bryan, or whoever you are. You had some good points here that I agree with but you have been booted from this forum twice already. Why are you posting again? Three strikes and you're out, again.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
If you look at all of the HP product that Artbox has produced, there are a grand total of 53 redemptions across all of the sets. Only two releases had no redemptions: Sorcerer's Stone and Memorable Moments 1. I would also include Goblet of Fire Update, since the only redemption in the set was the quad auto/costume card that Artbox didn't insert in packs due to the fear that the very rare and thick cards could be damaged.

To me, there's something wrong when 12 of 14 sets have auto redemptions, especially when the manufacturer has been working with the movie studio for years with this particular license. When looking at the order of release dates, it appears that problem is getting worse the longer that Artbox has the license. Order of the Phoenix had a whopping 10 redemptions, OOTP Update had six (including Gleeson), and Half-Blood Prince had seven.

Couple this with the fact that Artbox lost the European license and it appears that there are problems with the relationship between the company and Warner Bros. Take a look at the Memorable Moments 2 Aunt Petunia costume card. Everyone thought a mistake had been made because Aunt Marge is on the front of the card. But wait -- there's Petunia, small and way in the background of the photo. That's the only image of Petunia that WB would approve.

This all does get back to the Gleeson auto. Smile He signed for the Goblet of Fire set and returned his cards in time for them to be pack-inserted. Something has happened since then to make Gleeson not want to honor his contractual obligation -- and that problem most likely rests with the actor alone. I feel confident that Artbox really has been trying to get his cards. The ultimate fault, though, lies with the company. They need to come up with some sort of comparable replacement now, and then, if Gleeson ever pulls his head out of whatever aperture he has inserted it and returns the autos, those cards should also be sent to the redemption owners. I think that would be the best way to reward the collectors who have been waiting more than two years for their cards.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
quote:
Damien, that is exactly why I joined. I'm like that, I like to join forums just to "bash" people. because that is what I just did.

aHA I knew it

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the best way to deal with this is to contact Mr.Gleeson or his agent directly. Maybe a full-on letter/email assult could be more fruitful than a corporate (Artbox) company asking the question. Go to the source in numbers.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
That's a really good idea.

Management:
Principal Entertainment
Larry Taube, Manager
1964 Westwood Blvd., Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA 90025
USA
Phone: (310) 446-1466
E-mail: larry@principalent.com

Agent:
The Agency Ltd.
47 Adelaide Road
Dublin 2
Ireland
Phone: +353 1 6618535
E-mail: admin1@tagency.ie

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I think we can all appreciate that Artbox has put out some nice products, but just on this issue of unfulfilled redemptions, the length of time that has elapsed, and the mantra of repetitive missed deadlines from customer service, I honestly can't see how anyone can defend them anymore.

Common sense alone would dictate that it would be far better to give redemption holders a substitute that they may not want so much, as it is to give them nothing for over two years and let them stew in their own juices until some boil over. This thread has been going on way too long, but whose fault is that? Wink

Posts: 10372 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
One wk from tomorrow will be a half a yr since I last called and was told that 2 months from Sept 17th, there WOULD be a replacement.

I called today and was once again told the same thing that everyone else has heard, "We're working with Warner Bros." etc etc...

After todays conversation, it essentially breaks down to until theyre specifically told no by Mr. Gleeson, we're essentially gonna have to wait.

I asked what if he keeps saying yes and we're going on 5yrs, are we still gonna have to wait. Sure thats a bit of an excessive time from but we're already past over 2yrs, whats another 2 or 3?

Ill give them credit though in that theyre no longer giving specific time frames on when to expect "something"...I got the standard "couple of months" excuse.....

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's really obscene how long this is going on. I think they should offer a replacement for those who don't want to wait. Like I said its not just Artbox's fault. But, honestly that is not my problem. When I sell a product at my company and their is a problem. I don't tell the customer its not my fault its the plant I bought the product from. I make it right even if it costs me.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
is artbox still even in business?? they could drag this on till either mr gleason passes away or they pull an inkworks and go out of business Shake Head

I know they haven't done a 24 set in a while so assuming if they are in business it's just to make potter sets Confused

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rns91294
posted Hide Post
They are still in business doing mostly Potter stuff. I think they had a 24 release not too long ago though...I could be wrong.

Posts: 183 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: July 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
Artbox no longer has the license for 24.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Streich:
is artbox still even in business?? they could drag this on till either mr gleason passes away or they pull an inkworks and go out of business.
I know they haven't done a 24 set in a while so assuming if they are in business it's just to make potter sets

Yep they are still in business and I spoke to them on the phone a week and a half ago..It's hard to beleive that the last 25 Season 5 Release was in 2008 and now it seems like Harry Potter and the Star Wars Magnets are all they market.. You have to wonder how long they can keep a business a float with those two products. I do know that Artbox does a brisk business with other products in Japan and such..

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post