Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    My James Bond Autograph Collection
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My James Bond Autograph Collection
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
yor right there x i should get the 2 rogers and the director but the duals are pretty pointless,i ve got one eunice gayson and her niece,it dosn t go anywhere,as for the roger/george,nice idea but,it would have been better if they got roger to sign a for yor eyes only image instead,it would look great with topol,julian glover and lynn holly johnson
the maude adams full bleed ocopussy and man wit golden gun came out in the same set and were both very limited,i had the 40th anniv one in my boxes and thats the nigling litter thing with me,the rare cards i get are always the 40th anniv ones
where do you put your spare will yun lee ?
how do you arrange them are they by number ? meaning jonathan pryce is number one.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
yor right there x i should get the 2 rogers and the director but the duals are pretty pointless,i ve got one eunice gayson and her niece,it dosn t go anywhere,as for the roger/george,nice idea but,it would have been better if they got roger to sign a for yor eyes only image instead,it would look great with topol,julian glover and lynn holly johnson
the maude adams full bleed ocopussy and man wit golden gun came out in the same set and were both very limited,i had the 40th anniv one in my boxes and thats the nigling litter thing with me,the rare cards i get are always the 40th anniv ones
where do you put your spare will yun lee ?
how do you arrange them are they by number ? meaning jonathan pryce is number one.

Yeah, not too keen on the double autos either although the Gayson mother (and daughter) card is a nice thing in and of itself.

Always fascinated to see/hear how collector's arrange autos from runs as expansive as these.

I'm a bit more boring...the second Will Yun Lee (A142) goes after Kabir Bedi but before Joanna Lumley - so to answer your question I arrange my 40th cards in numerical order. I like to actually see the gaps RA leave from set to set and enjoy filling them - makes the chase a bit more fun IMO.
When I used to collect the full bleeds I'd arrange them by their position in the billing for the respective film.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the duals in the full bleed set, the one of Richard Kiel and Blanche Ravalec is spot on.

Here is my collection so far.. (apologies for the bad photography, I dont have a scanner).. arranged in no particular order apart from generaly the order I received them..

I cant bring myself to open the seal on hte John Rhys Davies card.

Posts: 162 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Nice (big) pictures. You even have a couple of ones I don't have, like the Davies. I never take the seals off my cards.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Great pictures drofdarb - thanks for posting them. Its an impressive collection, though I'd recommed sleeving them! Eek

Go on, open up the Davies. All your other case incentives have been set free!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thx, by sleeving do mean put them in the little plastic covers then into the utlra-pro pages. I find that they dont quite fit when I do that.

Are there smaller ones for putting them inside the 9 page pockets?

Posts: 162 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
The sleeves I was talking about are 'Ultra Pro Soft Sleeves':

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-ULTR...&hash=item33541d4363

You can also get 'Ultra Pro Premium Soft Sleeves' which are supposedly a little thicker and more consistently sizes (but a bit more expensive).
I always go with the cheaper ones as the difference is negligible and they are both archival safe anyway.

I don't know what you have used before, but there are slightly wider sleeves which are easier to get cards into that don't fit in pages. I find a lot of US ebay sellers seem to use these when I buy single cards. The ones I have mentioned above should fit into pages no problem.

Sleeves are great at protecting the corners and edges should you wish to rearrange your autos or if you put them in/take them out of the pages to look at them often. Plus they'll protect the card surfaces from any grease etc that could be on your fingers. Given how much you must have put into that collection its definately worth a couple of quid to keep them in good nick.

posted Hide Post
Good advice, I have bought a few hundred.

Thanks

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
No worries. Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Well, I couldn't resist, so here's the start of pictures of my Bond autographs. Work in progress...

THE WOMEN OF JAMES BOND:

THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH:

007 40TH ANNIVERSARY:

DIE ANOTHER DAY:

WOMEN OF JAMES BOND IN MOTION:

THE "QUOTABLE" 007:
I think my WA21 Carey Lowell is a counterfeit, but I'm not sure.

JAMES BOND 007 DANGEROUS LIAISONS..
I am missing the Famke Janssen full bleed from this set

THE COMPLETE JAMES BOND:
I am missing the A54 Maude Adams, the A80 John Rhys Davies NOT underlined and the 6 case Denise Richards incentive card. I was lucky enough to pull the Famke Janssen from a pack, otherwise I'd probably be missing her card too.

JAMES BOND 007 IN MOTION:
As you can see, I'm missing 3 cards from this set

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cardaddict,

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Excellent photos. Your camera really shows up the nice blue sharpie! I look forward to seeing the rest. Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
cardaddict i think your right about the carey lowell,it doen t look quite right Big Grin

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
cardaddict i think your right about the carey lowell,it doen t look quite right Big Grin

Maybe its just another of those obscure variants Cardaddict likes to chase! Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
quote:

Maybe its just another of those obscure variants Cardaddict likes to chase! Wink

What is making you think the Carey Lowell is not right ? The signature or card stock ?

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's a nice collection, makes me want to start collecting the other sets.

Are the Women of james Bond cards in the first photo the same shape as size as normal cards?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Very nice collection.
I especially liked...
Famke Janssen
Maryam D'Abo
Virginia Hey
& Denise Richards.
Drool

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
The WOMEN OF JAMES BOND cards are 'widevision', 2 1/2" by 4 1/2".

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Why do you keep so many doubles cardaddict? I count 20 cards (not including variants).

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Most of the repeats are cards I pulled from boxes I've bought trying to score a VL card I didn't already have. Since I always manage to pull cards I already had, I have stopped doing that and look for the hard to get cards elsewhere. And I can't get myself to sell or trade anything, just a collecting psychosis I guess.

The dealer I usually deal with informed me that the last time I bought 2 Bond Heroes & Villains boxes from him, he had one left (which I decided not to buy). The person who bought that box pulled a Daniel Craig auto.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Sell the doubles man! Put the money towards closing those gaps.

As for missing out on Craig... ouch! I'm sure you were pleased to hear that story.