Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    My James Bond Autograph Collection
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My James Bond Autograph Collection
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raven:

So a current search of James Bond trading cards on eBay resulted in 14,729 listings. Most are autograph cards or boxes. Quick look saw no unlicensed ones,

These are uk auctions and there are about a dozen or more, look home made.

OK I guess either I don't see those here or they are buried somewhere in the 14,000 odd listings. Perhaps a reason for it might be that it has become to expensive to find eBay sellers who will ship to the UK. Certainly there is no shortage of licensed Bond cards for sale, but if they are mainly in the US market because it was RA, someone in the UK may see the opportunity for a home made knock off.

Posts: 10374 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's the latest addition to my James Bond autograph collection; it took me a while to find all the pieces to put it together. Hope you like it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: space phantom,

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm sorry...I just don't like it...

I LOVE IT!!!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
That's really nice. You could add things to it like Eunice Gayson for instance.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
That's really nice. You could add things to it like Eunice Gayson for instance.

Glad you liked it. This was basically done to highlight the Connery signature which took me a long time to get. I then decided to add Connery's Tuxedo card along with the other two main stars Andress and Lord to compliment it. I thought about adding more pieces but held off so I would not dilute the main focus which was Connery in his first Bond film outing. Also, the more you add to a piece, the larger it gets and the more expensive it gets. I do have other Dr. No autographed items and they're featured in my wall displays which I uploaded on page 22 of this thread.

Posts: 82 | Location: massachusetts | Registered: March 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Steve C. from Rittenhouse posted today about the 3 missing Bond autos, WA48 and A291 and 294.

He said that the WA48 does not exist in final form and/or it was never signed.

Steve would not comment on the other two.

He also would not say who is on the 3 cards.

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
Very great success !!! Smile

I wanted so much an autograph card of Teri Hatcher, and I got it ! I won it at an excellent price on Ebay ! It's the "Women of Bond" style, WA52. I'm so happy !!! Clap Elephant Elephant

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piperh33:
Very great success !!! Smile

I wanted so much an autograph card of Teri Hatcher, and I got it ! I won it at an excellent price on Ebay ! It's the "Women of Bond" style, WA52. I'm so happy !!! Clap Elephant Elephant

Congrats to you, well done. Clap

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
Thank you wolfie. Smile

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Great price for a great card - nice one! Thumb Up

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
Thanks X. Smile Do you have it ? (I saw you're collecting James Bond cards but I haven't read all the pages of the subject.)

posted Hide Post
Filled in a gap in my wish-list of James Bond autographs yesterday. Michael Lonsdale aka Hugo Drax from Moonraker was doing a book signing in Rouen (France) so I mocked up an autograph card in the style of Rittenhouse's autograph cards and Im pleased to say the great acting legend kindly agreed to sign it. Sadly he's quite old now, and rather frail (86 years of age), but his mind was sharp, he had a great sense of humour and was very generous with his time. Great guy!

Hoping this image will show...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RP01,

Posts: 240 | Location: London, England | Registered: December 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I can not see the image, unfortunately.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I can not see the image, unfortunately.

Have had another go. Think it's worked this time.

Posts: 240 | Location: London, England | Registered: December 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
You mocked that up? It looks professional.
Must have been a great experience getting that autograph.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep, scanned in an existing card and edited it in MS Paint! That said, I sent off to have it printed professionally and on-card.
Yep, meeting Lonsdale was great. He's very cultured and extremely well-read in English as much as French. When he found out I was English he started quoting Wordsworth to me! He's had an incredible life it seems. I was amazed that for someone of his advanced years, he still made time for his fans.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piperh33:
Thanks X. Smile Do you have it ? (I saw you're collecting James Bond cards but I haven't read all the pages of the subject.)

Yes I do have that one, I couldn't resist waiting when it came out. You did way better on the price than me, patience is a virtue and all that!

I, along with many, thought she would never sign as she was the last big hold-out of the Brosnan era signers. She has a nice signature too.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
You did way better on the price than me, patience is a virtue and all that!

Many of the Bond autographs seem to be dropping in price and by dropping I mean they are reaching good value in line with the current level of demand. It's not for every signer that has hit an over $100 auto and it's not for every auto card of every signer that has hit an over $100 auto, but looking at the eBay sales list, there have been some really good bargains made on names you wouldn't expect to see. Maybe not on their best Bond auto card, but on one of their Bond autos.

All part of the changing of the guard. Unlike what we experienced with the vintage card market, time is not decreasing supply and increasing demand. Supply is remaining constant, as these modern hits are carefully handled and not subject to careless destruction. Demand is decreasing as newer and hotter subjects come along. As holding collectors decide to sell off, the prices must drop to meet the remaining level of demand of people that couldn't or wouldn't pay for these cards before. Only the best of the best are going to hold their peak values and only on some of their cards. So don't expect the likes of Janssen to drop, but the likes of Craig already have.

Posts: 10374 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RP01:
quote:

Yep, scanned in an existing card and edited it in MS Paint! That said, I sent off to have it printed professionally and on-card.
Yep, meeting Lonsdale was great. He's very cultured and extremely well-read in English as much as French. When he found out I was English he started quoting Wordsworth to me! He's had an incredible life it seems. I was amazed that for someone of his advanced years, he still made time for his fans.

Your custom is awesome RP01 and looks very professional. I know you have no intentions to move it on but I'm curious what the card back looks like? I think an unsuspecting buyer would easily buy that thinking it was a legit rarity should it ever leave your collection.

Should you wish to branch out further Andrew Scott is at a convention later in the year and Alison Doody is doing her first ever signing (a send-in). She is a RARE signer to say the least. I could see this unofficial extension of the great 40th run being very addictive. Again the Lonsdale looks fantastic, sure his signature is a bit shaky but so what. A cool idea nicely done. I want one.

Don't know if I've ever posted this... my Lonsdale card he signed for me in person a few years ago. Notice he doesn't always sign the 'a' in his first name (he was sometimes billed in films as 'Michel Lonsdale'):

I'm not sure he knew what to do with it and the auto didn't come out as nice as I had hoped but hey, it's real and I got to meet the man. Softly spoken and very pleasant and polite. Clearly cultured as you say and sharp despite the age.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Again the Lonsdale looks fantastic, sure his signature is a bit shaky but so what. A cool idea nicely done. I want one.

Don't know if I've ever posted this... my Lonsdale card he signed for me in person a few years ago. Notice he doesn't always sign the 'a' in his first name (he was sometimes billed in films as 'Michel Lonsdale'):

I'm not sure he knew what to do with it and the auto didn't come out as nice as I had hoped but hey, it's real and I got to meet the man. Softly spoken and very pleasant and polite. Clearly cultured as you say and sharp despite the age.

X, unless my eyes deceive me, you two have variants from Lonsdale. Your signature is done in print style, RPO1's is in script.