Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    My James Bond Autograph Collection
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My James Bond Autograph Collection
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
The 'Dangerous Liaisons' & 'Complete James Bond' seem to have been the most popular sets with both collectors and dealers I know. After 10 years now the tricky to find cards are almost impossible to get.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I played my part in bidding that Famke card into the stratosphere in which it sold. It turned out to be more than I was willing to pay. I did the same for the Davies 15 case incentive card, but luckily found another just a few weeks later. I might have overpaid for the Richards from the same seller, but I didn't have another full bleed to fall back on like I did for Famke. I did get the pair of Maud Adams cards from DL as well as the 1st Pierce Brosnan full bleed autograph for very good prices. I already had all 3, but the price was too good to pass up.

Posts: 12 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
The 'Dangerous Liaisons' & 'Complete James Bond' seem to have been the most popular sets with both collectors and dealers I know. After 10 years now the tricky to find cards are almost impossible to get.

Dangerous Liaisons had the arts & images set in it and i am still trying to put that together.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am still trying to get a complete set too Wolfe. Still need Honor Blackman.

Posts: 12 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bacall:
I am still trying to get a complete set too Wolfe. Still need Honor Blackman.

your doing better than me, i only have about half of them. Wavey

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had a Leonard Nimoy autograph in a Star Trek box, it was the one from the mirror image episode, last time I saw it, that was listed around the Famke price, I also have both Emilia Clark autos from Thrones, it's nice to see the current prices these are listed for. Smile

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:

Dangerous Liaisons had the arts & images set in it and i am still trying to put that together.

My first archive box was James Bond Archives, this was the set with six 40th anniv autos and thirty six full bleed autos so it was a perfect box for me, opening a packet and having Roger and George, then another pack with Olga Kurylenko and Famke Janssen then another pack with Honor Blackman Chaim Topol, Judi Dench and John Rhys Davies in top loaders at the bottom of the box, can highly recommend it.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Steve just posted this on RA's forum

A155 will be part of our upcoming James Bond set in May, along with several other cards to fill in the gaps.

Posts: 3993 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So the next Bond set has a cut Connery auto, 1 per 18 cases

Posts: 3993 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Actually..... It's Only in the Archive Box...Zero Chance of pulling it out of a Pack.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The new set is supposed to have an Archive Box exclusive Yvonne Shima auto, according to some dealers, WA56

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The upcoming 2017 Bond set supposedly has these missing from your list:

A155, 223, 224, 225, 267, 283, 297, WA54, WA56

But these 3 are still unaccounted for

A291, 294 and WA 48

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I've updated the Master List of ALL James Bond autograph cards on p.15 to include Archives Final Edition.

The running total for the "foreseeable future" is:
The Women of James Bond Supervue Set - 5 Cards
The World Is Not Enough Set - 6 Cards
Die Another Day Set - 8 Cards
40th Anniversary Series - 296 Cards
Women of Bond Series - 57 Cards
Full-Bleed Series - 332 Cards
Full-Bleed Double Autos - 7 Cards
Autograph Relic Cards - 7 Cards
Silver Signature Series - 1 Card
Gold Signature Series - 6 Cards
Cut Autos - 1 Card

= 726 auto cards total.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: X,

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:

= 725 auto cards total.

Is that all?...i've got about 50 so not many to go now. Thumb Up

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
I've updated the Master List of ALL James Bond autograph cards on p.15 to include Archives Final Edition.

The running total for the "foreseeable future" is:
The Women of James Bond Supervue Set - 5 Cards
The World Is Not Enough Set - 6 Cards
Die Another Day Set - 8 Cards
40th Anniversary Series - 296 Cards
Women of Bond Series - 57 Cards
Full-Bleed Series - 332 Cards
Full-Bleed Double Autos - 6 Cards
Autograph Relic Cards - 7 Cards
Silver Signature Series - 1 Card
Gold Signature Series - 6 Cards
Cut Autos - 1 Card

= 725 auto cards total.

We are off, I have a total of 727 autograph cards. Two cards more than you are listing.

We agree up to the full bleeds. I categorize my cards a bit differently than you do, but we had the same number up until the Final Edition.

I have:

Full Bleed Series - 329

Full Bleed Doubles - 7

Auto/Relics - 8 (8 is correct no doubt, did you count all 3 in the Final Edition?)

Silver - 2 (I count the Ekland, I know you don't)

Gold - 4 (I am counting the new Roberts, don't know if you put it in FB)

Archive Box Exclusives - 5 (including the Connery Cut, but not the Shima that is in WoB)

Check it out, there were a couple of late arrivals on the Final checklist.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you posted Raven - at least because I did miss one card off my total count since last time: the Beswick/Gur double full-bleed auto (for a total of 7 full-bleed doubles).

As for the rest...
There are only 7 auto relics:
3x Craig, J.Pryce and the 3 new Skyfall ones in Archives Final edition. Don't know about the mysterious 8th you mention.

There are 6 gold autograph cards + 1 silver:
Lazenby, Moore, Craig, Ekland, M.Adams, T.Roberts. The lone silver being Judi Dench.
RA may have listed Ekland as silver* but that is an error and doesn't change what it is - it has gold ink - it is a gold autograph.

(*There is no point getting hung up on official checklists as some don't even list all cards that have been released).

Incentive cards - don't know how they figure into your counts/skew your numbers but I've not separated them out because I'm listing styles of cards for simplicity.

Without combing through the entire list of unnumbered full-bleeds I'll settle on an amended grand total 726 to include the double I missed.

What is the 727th card you mention?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I have 3! Let the hunt begin!!! Just kidding.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
I'm glad you posted Raven - at least because I did miss one card off my total count since last time: the Beswick/Gur double full-bleed auto (for a total of 7 full-bleed doubles).

As for the rest...
There are only 7 auto relics:
3x Craig, J.Pryce and the 3 new Skyfall ones in Archives Final edition. Don't know about the mysterious 8th you mention.

There are 6 gold autograph cards + 1 silver:
Lazenby, Moore, Craig, Ekland, M.Adams, T.Roberts. The lone silver being Judi Dench.
RA may have listed Ekland as silver* but that is an error and doesn't change what it is - it has gold ink - it is a gold autograph.

(*There is no point getting hung up on official checklists as some don't even list all cards that have been released).

Incentive cards - don't know how they figure into your counts/skew your numbers but I've not separated them out because I'm listing styles of cards for simplicity.

Without combing through the entire list of unnumbered full-bleeds I'll settle on an amended grand total 726 to include the double I missed.

What is the 727th card you mention?

Quite right, I counted the Lee 9 case incentive as an auto/relic so we agree on 7, but I now have 330 FBs and my total of 727 remains the same. So we are now 1 card apart. Can't say which one it is as I have 5 archive box exclusives that you seed into other places, Rhys-Davis, Lansby, Blackman, James and Connery.

I call 2 silver, Ekland and Dench and 4 gold Moore Craig, Adams and Roberts.

We agree of the FB doubles and now the auto/relics, so the 1 card difference is in the FBs for Final Edition I guess. Have to look again.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
We agree of the FB doubles and now the auto/relics, so the 1 card difference is in the FBs for Final Edition I guess. Have to look again.

On the initial checklist for Archives Final there was (what would have been) the 4th full-bleed of Blanche Ravalec, but she was removed from the final checklist. Could that be the extra one you have?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That's it. I put in the early names and left her in after the final came out. Thanks, we are now in agreement.

Funny about Ravalec, never on WoB, but 3 FBs. Maybe she was supposed to be the missing WA48.