Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    My James Bond Autograph Collection
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My James Bond Autograph Collection
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Here are the images of my James Bond autographed trading card collection as requested. I tried to get them to post directly on this page but could not get them to show up. Hope you enjoy.

http://s1232.photobucket.com/a...20card%20collection/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bacall1,

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bacall1:
Here are the images of my James Bond autographed trading card collection as requested. I tried to get them to post directly on this page but could not get them to show up. Hope you enjoy.

http://s1232.photobucket.com/a...20card%20collection/

Very nice collection Bacall! Eek Thumb Up

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Bacall, I have a question : How do you survive after selling both your kidneys, arms and legs ?

You had to sell them to get such a collection. Wink

Congrats for a great collection. Thumb Up

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Szym:
Bacall, I have a question : How do you survive after selling both your kidneys, arms and legs ?

You had to sell them to get such a collection. Wink

Congrats for a great collection. Thumb Up

It was just one kidney and one lung. The rest of me is reserved for later. It was definitely no a cheap endeavor but very satisfying. Thanks Syzm and Juelle Lou. Too bad the rest of my collection outside of Bond is not as impressive.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will try posting the pics this way. Here are the 40th anniversary cards:
[IMG:top] [/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

posted Hide Post
Women of Bond Style cards:

posted Hide Post
Women of Bond, The World Is Not Enough & Die Another Day trading cards:

posted Hide Post
Full Bleeds and auto costume:

posted Hide Post
Awesome collection, I have only collected the full bleeds but the 40th set looks very tempting.

Can I ask what card do you think is the most valuable?

What one was the hardest to get?

In your opinion, are the 40th cards harder to collect than the full bleeds?

Posts: 162 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drofdarb:
Awesome collection, I have only collected the full bleeds but the 40th set looks very tempting.

Thank you. I think I got them all to show up now. Only my 2nd post with images. I like the full bleed cards the most as well and never thought I would complete the 40th anniversary set because there are so many and some are very expensive. I think the most valuable card is the Rhys-Davies Full Bleed 15 case incentive. It is the card I had to pay the most for and this is probably the shortest printed Bond card which would also make it the hardest to obtain. The Women of Bond Barbara Bach proved the most elusive to me as far as pack pulled cards. I must have opened 2 cases and never pulled her.
I think if you throw out the case incentive cards and the actors who played Bond then full bleeds are rather easy to obtain. Of course these cards are among the toughest and most expensive of all Bond cards. With so many of the 40th anniversary cards it really posed a problem in completing the set. There were dozens that cost in the 100's of dollars so this set is really taxing on the wallet. I originally set out to just get one of each Bond signer, but I just couldn't stop myself. I really like the women of Bond set as well and there are only a few dozen of these presently. There are some high priced cards in that set as well so there really is no easy type of Bond set to complete. As far as sheer numbers you are better off trying to finish the full bleed set before starting the others. It might be easier to have one project completed before tackling the 40th anniversary.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I just have one thing to say about this collection - !!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
wow , now i need a paper towel to clean up my keyboard from drool .... THANKS .. JK . Very nice .

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome collection! Thumb Up

I'm amazed at seeing every autograph card all together in one collection- very impressive!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
All I can do at this point is echo the sentiments of everyone else and congratulate you on an awesome collection. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us, it's very cool to see them all together, and interesting to see how you store them too!

Personally I think the sleeve, toploader, teambag method is over-egging the omelette slightly just because I enjoy seeing more cards per page, but I can understand the desire to protect them given what you've funnelled into the collection. You'd probably balk at my collection stored in penny sleeves and 9-pocket pages. Also interesting to see your full-bleeds are arranged alphabetically (I did it by film when I collected them). Either way I imagine they are a bugger to rearrange every time RA gives you new cards to add in!

I'd call myself a pretty big Bond fan but my enthusiasm waned with the addition of the full-bleeds because, as nice as they are, I just couldn't convince myself to keep paying for even more of the same cards, e.g. 2x 40th Maud Adams, 2x WoB Maud Adams and 2x full-bleed Maud Adams. Nowadays I only pick up a couple of full-bleeds I really want and try chip away at full runs of the 40th and WoB styles. But to keep going and pick up every style with every repeat and every crazy rare card like John Rhys-Davies, Brosnan, Richards, the two Craig cards etc. takes some real dedication. Thumb Up

And good selection, re: your '5 cards'.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:

As someone who has spent (far too much) time tracking down Bond cards I hope you don't mind me adding my 2 pennys worth...

Each style has plenty of ridicoulously cheap cards, plenty of affordable cards, quite a few expensive cards and a handful of very rare and very expenisve cards which ALWAYS command a premium. Below I have listed what I consider the major stumbling blocks that prevent people completing master sets (I've put the worst offenders in red):

40th Anniversary:
A2 Joe Don Baker
A28 Sophie Marceau
A29 Roger Moore
A32 Ursula Andress
A45 Cary Lowell
A56 Famke Janssen
A69 Denise Richards
A72 Honor Blackman
A75 Judi Dench
A77 Mads Mikkelsen
A80 John Rhys Davies
A98 Joe Don Baker
A136 Olga Kurylenko

Women of Bond:
WA3 Barbara Bach
WA15 Lois Chiles (2-case incentive)
WA16 Sophie Marceau
WA19 Ursula Andress
WA21 Cary Lowell
WA27 Famke Janssen (6-case incentive)
WA30 Denise Richards
WA31 Honor Blackman

Full-Bleed:
Honor Blackman
Roger Moore LALD (6-case incentive)
Roger Moore TMWTGG (6-case incentive)
Roger Moore TSWLM
John Rhys Davies (15-case incentive)
Pierce Brosnan
Famke Janssen (Dangerous Liaisons)
Denise Richards (6-case incentive)
Daniel Craig CR
Judi Dench
Daniel Craig QOS
Olga Kurylenko
Gemma Arterton

Women of Bond is the 'easiest' set to complete, due to its much smaller size, but there will come a point where you'd have to shell out a lot for a couple. Full-bleed has the disadvantage of having lots of case incentives in the run so it's much harder to get good deals as dealers are fairly set on what the customer should be paying for incentive cards. Full-bleeds also have the A-List talent of Brosnan and Craig, but give us a couple of sets and 40th will have these rare cards too. That said, the full-bleeds will more than likely give us multiples of Brosnan, just like we've had with Craig, Moore and Lazenby so cost of completion quickly spirals. I agree with Bacall in that you'll end up paying a lot for very rare full-bleeds and (generally) not much for the rest. 40th Anniversary on the other hand also has some VERY hard cards too but the sheer quantity of signers (RA is closing in on 200 cards!) makes collecting that set is no easy endevour. Plus there are plenty of cards that aren't super rare but aren't cheap either.

So take your pick - your wallet is ****** either way! Wink

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I still would like to get an autographed card from Shirley Eaton. (Mister E's last name ). Metal Great collection of autographed cards. Thumb Up

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
quote:

As someone who has spent (far too much) time tracking down Bond cards I hope you don't mind me adding my 2 pennys worth...

Each style has plenty of ridicoulously cheap cards, plenty of affordable cards, quite a few expensive cards and a handful of very rare and very expenisve cards which ALWAYS command a premium. Below I have listed what I consider the major stumbling blocks that prevent people completing master sets (I've put the worst offenders in red):

40th Anniversary:
A2 Joe Don Baker
A28 Sophie Marceau
A29 Roger Moore
A32 Ursula Andress
A45 Cary Lowell
A56 Famke Janssen
A69 Denise Richards
A72 Honor Blackman
A75 Judi Dench
A77 Mads Mikkelsen
A80 John Rhys Davies
A98 Joe Don Baker
A136 Olga Kurylenko

Women of Bond:
WA3 Barbara Bach
WA15 Lois Chiles (2-case incentive)
WA16 Sophie Marceau
WA19 Ursula Andress
WA21 Cary Lowell
WA27 Famke Janssen (6-case incentive)
WA30 Denise Richards
WA31 Honor Blackman

Full-Bleed:
Honor Blackman
Roger Moore LALD (6-case incentive)
Roger Moore TMWTGG (6-case incentive)
Roger Moore TSWLM
John Rhys Davies (15-case incentive)
Pierce Brosnan
Famke Janssen (Dangerous Liaisons)
Denise Richards (6-case incentive)
Daniel Craig CR
Judi Dench
Daniel Craig QOS
Olga Kurylenko
Gemma Arterton

Women of Bond is the 'easiest' set to complete, due to its much smaller size, but there will come a point where you'd have to shell out a lot for a couple. Full-bleed has the disadvantage of having lots of case incentives in the run so it's much harder to get good deals as dealers are fairly set on what the customer should be paying for incentive cards. Full-bleeds also have the A-List talent of Brosnan and Craig, but give us a couple of sets and 40th will have these rare cards too. That said, the full-bleeds will more than likely give us multiples of Brosnan, just like we've had with Craig, Moore and Lazenby so cost of completion quickly spirals. I agree with Bacall in that you'll end up paying a lot for very rare full-bleeds and (generally) not much for the rest. 40th Anniversary on the other hand also has some VERY hard cards too but the sheer quantity of signers (RA is closing in on 200 cards!) makes collecting that set is no easy endevour. Plus there are plenty of cards that aren't super rare but aren't cheap either.

So take your pick - your wallet is ****** either way! Wink

Very informative synopsis X. You definitely took the time to go into the detail I spared, but should have listed. I think you did a better job than I could have anyway. You definitely know your James Bond cards. Collecting any of the autograph subsets of James Bond will truly run into a lot of money. Collecting all will almost put you in the poor house. I am too much of a completist to concentrate on just one type. Almost to a fault. Thanks for all the positive comments and for looking. I'm glad everyone is enjoying them even if takes a long time for the page to load. I am glad I figured out how to display all the images. At least I think all of them are now displayed.
I do think I probably go overboard with the protection, but I would rather be safe than sorry. If it fell off the shelf and the pages got bent I would probably go into shock. With 3 kids that could happen. I have 3 albums full when I count my duplicates album and if I get many more cards I will have to get to a 4th. It is burdensome to have to move the full bleeds around since they are alphabetized, but I would have to do some of the same if I had them by movie as well. I don't mind taking them out since they are well protected. That is the great thing about collecting: There is no wrong thing to collect and no wrong way to display your collection. Some people store theirs by the movie they were in and some put them in the binder for the set the cards were released in. I put my relic cards in the binders but like to see my autographs all together. The order is always subject to change. Happy collecting everyone and thanks for looking!

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the detailled responses, very helpful.

My own experience with the full-bleeds is, as long as you can afford to pay, you can pretty much get anything. I had no trouble getting the John Rhys Davies, just had to wait for one to show up then it was just a case of haggling a better price. Similarly, the Bond/Brosnan cards aren't that rare, just expensive, as is the Denise Richards (lovely card that). Two cards that I also had to wait around for were the Shirley Eaton and Tanya Roberts but they were not expensive when they did become available.

There are some exceptions, for me, the two cards I need to complete the full-bleeds are the Famke Janssen (Dangerous Liaisons) and Maud Adams (in the hammock), I have never even seen these even for sale yet so even though they may not be expensive they just aren't around.

I think for now I will hold off on starting the 40th set, it's just too daunting a task for me and more so for my wallet.

Posts: 162 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been interesting reading the posts about what people collect and the obstacles for the different style autograph cards. For me, I got hooked into trading cards by Rittenhouse's 40th Anniversary set back in 2002, so having collected the 40th Anniversary-style and WOB cards release by release, it was never daunting as such. It's interesting to see the list of "most expensive" cards, because certainly for some of those cards, such as the Sophie Marceau 40th style and Barbara Bach WOB style, they weren't all that expensive to buy around the time of their release. Seem to recall you could pick them up for about £40 a piece at the time.

Interesting to note that X considers A98- Joe Don Baker as the hardest/most expensive of the 40th's. I'd have said the A56 - Famke Janssen, personally. Still, I have to admit I didn't have an easy time picking up that Joe Don Baker card, simply because for a time it just never showed up for sale anywhere.

As for displaying my cards, I have them in film by film order, in 9 pocket pages (and I only collect 40th Ann and WOB styles). Although it does mean a great deal of reshuffling as each collection is released, I kind of like doing it. I tend to do it in advance of actually receiving any of the new cards, it's an opportunity for me to handle the cards, plus I get to see the gaps close as I slowly pick up the cards. On the downside, it does however reveal all the instances where Rittenhouse doesn't quite manage to copy the 40th Ann style perfectly from one release to the next. For example, sometimes the Bond film title on the front is bigger or in the centre, sometimes the card stock is different or the depth of colour darker or lighter. Still, when you see a nice full page of 9 autographs, it always looks cool.

Posts: 240 | Location: London, England | Registered: December 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Just to put my 2 cents in, my cards are stored in the binders, with gaps for the missing ones which are mostly autographs and relic cards. I don't take any special care with them besides putting them in nine pocket sleeves as 'X' does. I am also a completist because I want every card in every Bond set, including the (sometimes) irritating variants. Surprisingly, there aren't really that many gaps in my binders, but they are very expensive spaces to fill.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post