Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    My James Bond Autograph Collection
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My James Bond Autograph Collection
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Weren t they an whole set of THE LOVERS ? Razz

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I think you are referring to the stacked deck Bond used to seduce Solitaire, in which every card was The Lovers. Solitaire's deck was a legitimate Tarot deck with only one The Lovers. I haven't opened the shrink-wrap on the cards yet so I can't confirm this though.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Solitaire's deck was a legitimate Tarot deck with only one The Lovers.
It looks like this deck is only a partial Tarot Set that only contains the 22 Major Arcana cards. A full Tarot deck has 78 cards. But it is likely/possible the deck created for the film was only the Major Arcana as the cost of creating a full 78 card pack would have been prohibitive.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
You are probably right. I'll need to scan the movie again and see if I can tell how many cards are in Solitaire's deck. Nevertheless, I am happy with the set as is. I do have shrinkwrapitis though, which makes it very difficult for me to take things out of the shrinkwrap. So I may have to buy a 2nd set to keep mine MIB.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No need to open your shrinkwrap, there's a review of the set on the MI6 website where they state it is a 22 card set:

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections...props_solitaire.php3

Update, make that a 29 card set as there are 7 extra 'The Lovers' cards Smile

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The tarot cards are a very nice collectable for Bond fans, but I do have to laugh at the words "authentic" and "replica" in the same title. Big Grin

Licensed replica would be accurate, but I guess it doesn't sound as good, and they seem to be referring to the scale rather than the cards. Maybe. Wink

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
2 newest additions

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
These are the only 3 Bond autos I've managed to get this year (among older sets that is). Please note the RADICAL difference between the John Rhys-Davies underlined and non-underlined cards!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
one more down with one incomming

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
2 new editions with another big one incomming

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
quote:
Originally posted by drofdarb:
Awesome collection, I have only collected the full bleeds but the 40th set looks very tempting.

Can I ask what card do you think is the most valuable?

What one was the hardest to get?

In your opinion, are the 40th cards harder to collect than the full bleeds?

As someone who has spent (far too much) time tracking down Bond cards I hope you don't mind me adding my 2 pennys worth...

Each style has plenty of ridicoulously cheap cards, plenty of affordable cards, quite a few expensive cards and a handful of very rare and very expenisve cards which ALWAYS command a premium. Below I have listed what I consider the major stumbling blocks that prevent people completing master sets (I've put the worst offenders in red):

40th Anniversary:
A2 Joe Don Baker
A28 Sophie Marceau
A29 Roger Moore
A32 Ursula Andress
A45 Cary Lowell
A56 Famke Janssen
A69 Denise Richards
A72 Honor Blackman
A75 Judi Dench
A77 Mads Mikkelsen
A80 John Rhys Davies
A98 Joe Don Baker
A136 Olga Kurylenko

Women of Bond:
WA3 Barbara Bach
WA15 Lois Chiles (2-case incentive)
WA16 Sophie Marceau
WA19 Ursula Andress
WA21 Cary Lowell
WA27 Famke Janssen (6-case incentive)
WA30 Denise Richards
WA31 Honor Blackman

Full-Bleed:
Honor Blackman
Roger Moore LALD (6-case incentive)
Roger Moore TMWTGG (6-case incentive)
Roger Moore TSWLM
John Rhys Davies (15-case incentive)
Pierce Brosnan
Famke Janssen (Dangerous Liaisons)
Denise Richards (6-case incentive)
Daniel Craig CR
Judi Dench
Daniel Craig QOS
Olga Kurylenko
Gemma Arterton

Women of Bond is the 'easiest' set to complete, due to its much smaller size, but there will come a point where you'd have to shell out a lot for a couple. Full-bleed has the disadvantage of having lots of case incentives in the run so it's much harder to get good deals as dealers are fairly set on what the customer should be paying for incentive cards. Full-bleeds also have the A-List talent of Brosnan and Craig, but give us a couple of sets and 40th will have these rare cards too. That said, the full-bleeds will more than likely give us multiples of Brosnan, just like we've had with Craig, Moore and Lazenby so cost of completion quickly spirals. I agree with Bacall in that you'll end up paying a lot for very rare full-bleeds and (generally) not much for the rest. 40th Anniversary on the other hand also has some VERY hard cards too but the sheer quantity of signers (RA is closing in on 200 cards!) makes collecting that set is no easy endevour. Plus there are plenty of cards that aren't super rare but aren't cheap either.

So take your pick - your wallet is ****** either way! Wink

x would you not say both maud adams full bleeds are very tough to come by as well

Also in my experience some of the older vl of minor characters are very tough because they rarely show up for sale. Case in point Caroline bliss 40th that i have been looking for, for months

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Do you mean Caroline Munro??

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
no caroline bliss miss moneypenny for both dalton movies the munro 40th ive seen several times

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Ok, you mean the Caroline Bliss from THE COMPLETE JAMES BOND set. I thought you meant it was from the 40TH ANNIVERSARY set, but you meant the style of the card, not the set.

It's confusing because of all the different styles of cards so I keep mine sorted by the sets, not the styles.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
mine are sorted by style since I consider each style a set unto itself. The 40th and wob styles have numbering to continues from set to set and full bleeds no numbering.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardinalfan13:

x would you not say both maud adams full bleeds are very tough to come by as well

Also in my experience some of the older vl of minor characters are very tough because they rarely show up for sale. Case in point Caroline bliss 40th that i have been looking for, for months

Good point cardinalfan. Both of the Mauds seem to be getting a bit tough to track down. Thing is, at the time of release neither were particularly scarce although pehaps the TMWTGG hammock card was a bit rarer. Sometimes I think there can be something of misleading 'lull' in availability for whatever inexplicable reason where people simply are not listing cards, then just like buses, several will come along all at once! That said, based on my original criteria for these lists I think, Maud (TMWTGG) could go on there.

Can't say I've seen too many Caroline Bliss cards knocking about recently, then again, maybe people are hesitant to list what some may not consider a 'big pull' that might not draw too many bids. Again another card that wasn't too rare. One will pop up sooner or later.

Don't know if you have noticed but both the 40th & WOB Ursula Andress cards have skyrocketed in recent months with them consistently going past the £200 barrier. A real icon of the series so understandable I guess.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
Well its finally happen....I went over to the darkside and started picking up some full bleed autos...3 new pickups

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice on the Richards...I prefer that one over her other Bond auto by quite a bit.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
With this mornings pickups I should have a real nice update comming end of the week or next week and I have my eye on some others that would fill a few big holes in my collection.

posted Hide Post
So after re-reading through this forum, I have decided to start on the 40th and Women sets.. should be interesting.. some nice cards but some difficult ones.. I have the full-bleeds all done.. needed a new challenge..

Posts: 162 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post