Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    My James Bond Autograph Collection
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My James Bond Autograph Collection
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
I picked these up recently

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Nice scans and great cards. If I ever get a scanner I'll put all my Bond autos here, although I assume most everyone has seen them already in one form or another.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
12 to go.
Bought the John Rhys-Davies A80 from THE COMPLETE JAMES BOND at a card show.
I still need the same card WITHOUT the underline though.

"without the underline"???

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Ooooh you've got him worried now. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
On some of the cards he underlined his name, on the rest he did not underline his name. Just like Cliff Robertson on The Complete Twilight Zone cards, although Cliff also used two different color inkpens or markers.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
On some of the cards he underlined his name, on the rest he did not underline his name. Just like Cliff Robertson on The Complete Twilight Zone cards, although Cliff also used two different color inkpens or markers.

WOW. No offence but you are taking OCD collecting to new heights!

What difference does an underscore make?

What if the signer signs their name in two lines on some cards but all in one line on others? Is that a variant to chase even if the signature itself is exactly the same?

As you are a variant collector, are you aware of the Maud Adams WA10 auto was also done in black?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I was not aware of the black ink Maud Adams card. Thanks for the info.
It really makes no difference how the card is signed, but I like collecting the variants.
And Earl Holliman did sign his name straight across and also first name above surname in The Complete Twilight Zone set. I have both versions!

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:

As you are a variant collector, are you aware of the Maud Adams WA10 auto was also done in black?

So did Jill St John WA1.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by X:

So did Jill St John WA1.

+ Patrick Macnee & Goldie.

...we're not helping cardaddict one bit you know. Wink

posted Hide Post
Wow - You guys have me completely blown away! At last count, I currently only have 119 of the autos. But I finally tracked down the last binder I needed Big Grin There is one more that I know of, that was marketed in the 1960's as a school binder. Only saw it once and it went for more than I could spend at the time...

Posts: 420 | Location: Try looking under that pile of cards over there... | Registered: December 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by X:

So did Jill St John WA1.

+ Patrick Macnee & Goldie.

...we're not helping cardaddict one bit you know. Wink

I don't think anyone has mentioned the Joe Don Baker variants either. There are at least 3 versions of A2 ("Good Luck", "Best Wishes" and "All the Best") and I think he used all 3 on A98 and the Full Bleed as well.

Posts: 420 | Location: Try looking under that pile of cards over there... | Registered: December 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Nice binders. The only one I don't have is the one on the far left. What set is that from?

Thank the ruler of the known universe(s) I already have the Macnee and Goldie variants!

And will someone please take the black ink pens away from the Bond actors? Please??

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
Well I need a bond box to open so i broke down and ordered a 40th anniversey should be here friday wish me luck christopher lee richard kiel

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cardinalfan13,

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice binders. The only one I don't have is the one on the far left. What set is that from?

Hi Cardaddict,

This set is the James Bond 007 Series 1 and 2 from Eclipse - 1993
They made 2 series and created one binder.

I still need this binder in my collection.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
quote:

Hi Cardaddict,

This set is the James Bond 007 Series 1 and 2 from Eclipse - 1993
They made 2 series and created one binder.

I still need this binder in my collection.

That's the one. I found mine at the Philly show last spring. Did a double-take that it was there, then a triple-take at how low the price was. Dance Now I just have the problem that my Shelf O' Bond is full and there's another set coming in May...

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Nice binders Jazzer. In case you did not know the Goldeneye binder is by far the most valuable and rarest of those you have.

I think only 200 were made and it currently sells for about £250. How many dollars is that?

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Nice, i wish i had 6 instead of 1. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Graffiti (Inkworks) only made 200 GOLDENEYE binders? I didn't know that. How many did they make of their other Bond binders?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Graffiti (Inkworks) only made 200 GOLDENEYE binders? I didn't know that. How many did they make of their other Bond binders?

GoldenEye binders are as rare as rocking horse ****. Still can't believe that crafty sod (aka wolfie) got one for nothing!

As for others, I once asked Inkworks but they were unwilling to disclose specific numbers. As a guess I'd say 500-ish would be a fair estimate based on the fact that there are never that many on the market. Probably a few more for Connoisseur (given it was for a three-volume set and available for the full run).

Jazzer - even without seeing what is inside them you've got a very nice collection of binders there. Forget GoldenEye, getting the Eclipse binder is no easy feat. I've seen maybe a dozen at most in the last ten years. Thumb Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: X,

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:

GoldenEye binders are as rare as rocking horse ****. Still can't believe that crafty sod (aka wolfie) got one for nothing!

My god you have got a good memory, that was many years ago.