Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    My James Bond Autograph Collection
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My James Bond Autograph Collection
 Login/Join

Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
After YEARS of looking, finally plugged a big gap in my Bond autos collection:

Bought this for £30 at release in 2006, then sold when I quit collecting full-bleed autos (bad decision in hindsight!) and watched this creep up and up in price over the years, even as high as £300 Eek Very glad to get this for under a third of that.

This one has a tiny ink smudge, but otherwise a nice sig and no edge chipping (common on this card).

Very great, X. Thumb Up I'm happy for you. It's always nice to complete a collection. Smile

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Even though I've quit collecting by 99%, I have been searching (alas not actively) for this item for over 20 years. One recently sold on E-Bay for $100! I would have paid that in half a heartbeat!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've heard of that item but don't recall seeing one before. I remember people talking about the poker chips.

Was it given to dealers at shows (or at a particular show)?

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
From what I recall it was a promo item made by Inkworks. I have no idea who they gave or sold it to. My dealer at the time was trying to get me one without success.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
One of these sold in the UK in May for £375.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I thought it was a dealer giveaway of some sort but I just found a listing of it on Allender's site. It was sent to distributors as a gift with card #1 and the chips with matching serial numbers up to 100.

Most people who got that early probably hung onto it - even people who don't collect cards - but I would check antique stores/collectibles shows for something like that. I have something similar that FPG made - a signed Ken Kelly promo in a holder. It was a dealer promo or a show display or maybe that was sent to distributors too.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post