Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    More Post Office Madness
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More Post Office Madness
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Purchased a package with $ 30 worth of cards inside.

USPS tracking says it was left on my porch last week at 7 PM one evening.

I called the local post office. All they can say is that the tracking says it was left.

$ 30 worth of cards gone.

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So that's the worse case with USPS tracking, when the delivery is clicked out. The PO will stand by it and the seller will likely not have to refund unless he wants to, if the PO has confirmed delivery.

However you can still find out who delivered it and talk to them directly if its your regular carrier. Were you home at that time? Do you or your neighbors have a surveillance camera that may have recorded the activity? Is it possible someone may have taken it off the porch? Could it have been left at a different address or even still be in the PO? I have already seen a notice of delivery be recorded on one of my packages, when it didn't show up until the next day. When I asked I was just told it probably got too late, whenever that means.

You should make a formal complaint on the higher Post Office authority phone line, even if the local won't give you any satisfaction. There may be a pattern of either missing deliveries from that PO or of mail robberies in the area that will only emerge by the number of similar incidents filed.

Hope you get somewhere, its frustrating.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was home at 7 pm last week when it was allegedly left on porch. As it was large it was likely delivered by truck as the mailman who walks on foot comes around 12 noon each day.

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Had 2 packets lost in post via ebay global shipping in last month - both have been refunded but both times (due to exchange rate changes) I have had less back than I paid. This is a tad frustrating

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Purchased a package with $ 30 worth of cards inside.

USPS tracking says it was left on my porch last week at 7 PM one evening.

I called the local post office. All they can say is that the tracking says it was left.

$ 30 worth of cards gone.

And this is a BIG problem with deliveries being left without signatures due to COVID. It wouldn't have been left during normal times as they would have needed your signature as proof of delivery.

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Here required signature confirmation was always a separate service that you had to request and pay extra to get on personal packages. Some big retailers required it as part of their shipping rules and some did not.

However I can't remember the last time I was required to sign for a package for a private or commercial sender and that was long before COVID. The tracking system changed it, even though it was automated to those clicks.

Most people never wanted signature verification because if the mailman can't get a signature, he had to try twice, leave notes, and then the package was held at the PO for a few weeks for pick up or eventually returned to sender. People used to pile up at the PO with their slips looking for them because they were working during the day. There were fits at the PO all the time. It's like when politicians say we should adapt the "Swedish" model of operation or something. We aren't Sweden. Big Grin

So signature verifications became very rare once the whole notion of tracking numbers came into play. The tracking number and the ability to follow its course replaced it, even the retail packages stopped requiring signatures on most business.

What happened after COVID was that the mailman left packages without even ringing bells and it was all different mailmen who sometimes didn't even know the area. The distribution centers changed, the work force was minimal, the COVID restrictions slowed everything down, the prices went up and the service got worse.

But service was also very bad before COVID, that just became the easiest excuse.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes I was referring to the E Bay Global shipping Program
There seems to be no system for cost of using this
EG weight size etc figures seem to be just plucked out of the air
I have seen sellers charging different charges for single cards if E Bay are determining these charges there should be something done about it unfortunately there seems that we can not do anything, as we all know E Bay dont do anything without there being a profit in it for them.
But they have sellers in their hands by the cant loose anything by using this system
And if anything goes wrong it is all put on Pitney Bowes so E Bay slide out from any blame at all even though in the wording it seems that they take responsibility for everything.

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just heard back from the seller of a card I ordered in mid-April. It never came. They got the package back today. It was stamped "unclaimed." I told them about the weird notice I received about two weeks after I ordered the card. It said that someone tried to deliver a package with no return address and with postage due! I ignored it thinking it was a scam because that had never happened with Ebay before.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As a follow-up to the post above, the seller tried to send it again as a gift but I got another postage due notice and the clerk said the sender used the wrong stamps (used stamps for a letter instead of stamps for a package) which I had not heard of as a problem. It sounded like the post office was trying to get paid twice so I refused it on principle. The seller actually went out of her way to send it to me again, and this time, it arrived. It's one of my favorite cards now.

Then, this month, I ordered a card but got another postage due notice and again had to go to the post office. In my case the PO isn't that far away but it's in the opposite direction of my regular travels and it's a bunch of lights in between so it's a pain to go there for something like this. The clerk told me the sender used Ebay postage but claimed it was just a letter when it was actually a packet trying to ship the packet at the lower rate. He'd seen it before. I sent that back too and asked for a refund.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post