Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    More Post Office Madness
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More Post Office Madness
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by wuher:
Yet I just purchased a card from topps card group on Facebook and cost was $4.50 no tracking or insurance but for a cheap card I was willing to take the risk

you maybe willing to take the risk but the ebay sellers are not although why they should be worried about losing a 1 dollar promo i've no idea.
Do bear in mind that with an eBay sale if it goes missing the seller has to refund the $1 for the card AND the postage paid by the buyer. So the loss to the seller can quickly mount up.

This would be a possible $2.50 loss for sale that is probably .82 profit (10% to ebay, 3% to paypal, 5 or 10 cents for a top loader.

So potential loss is 300% of potential profit.

Posts: 559 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cards sent from the UK on July 2.

Still nothing for me as of July 29.

When he sent me a package last month, it came in less than a week...

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
My inclination is to still say it will turn up. It could be that the first mailing was the exception and you got it too soon. It doesn't sound like you will have much recourse either way, so all you can do is wait.

It might be that it was addressed badly and it will find it's way back to the sender. The mail is slow and bad. Stuff is lost with tracking, without it you don't even have that much to follow all the stops. But not that much truly disappears when you consider the volume. Let us know, I still think you will hear from it if was addressed properly with enough postage. Smile

Posts: 10372 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
He said that if I don't get them by Aug 15 he will send replacements.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I has someone send me 2 cards from Canada on April 13, and still nothing has arrived, almost 3 weeks later.

Anyone else notice slow mail between Canada and the USA ?

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
With the world situation as it is at the moment normal service will not take place, expect all sorts of delays.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

Anyone else notice slow mail between Canada and the USA ?

Yep. I recently bought a vintage golf card from someone in Canada. It was sent Priority Mail Express and still took exactly 2 weeks to arrive. It was originally scheduled to be delivered more than a week before it actually was.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I check the postmark on all received packages. Cards from outside the USA are occasionally much delayed, with no pattern I see. When a late comer arrives, I try to tell the sender that I know they sent it promptly (from the postmark) but they ought to be aware; if it happens for a bunch of recipients, some inquiries might be appropriate at their end.

If it's sent through a "shipping partner" instead of directly from the national system like Canada Post or Royal Mail, I see tracking notices that hint that it might take a good while for multiple items to be combined into one big package for international rates, shipped fast, then spend days at the partner facility in the US to dribble items into the USPS system.

A recent overseas package arrived in exactly 3 weeks but tracking data hints that it only took 2-3 days actually traveling after it was dropped off by the seller. Usually items move fast once they leave the city of entry, so I have thought delays are primarily at borders.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My envelope from Canada came. Took 3 weeks.

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have been collecting the recent Avengers by Unstoppable, and I purchased a dozen individual cards from UK dealers. 10 of the 12 have arrived

2 of the ones which have not come both have tracking.

As of June 8, one says it was last seen at Langley (is that the UK airport ?) May 19. The other says arrived in NY May 22.

Meanwhile, the other 10 arrived within less than a week

Very frustrating ! What is the point of tracking ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bought 3 cards on ebay in mid-October. Paid $15 for the lot. They were sent via USPS with tracking.

Oct 23, tracking shows "out for delivery" that day. Nothing was delivered. By the end of the day, tracking now says "waiting to be rescanned."

Nearly 3 weeks later, no sign of the package.

I went to the Post Office. They told me, they don't know where it is, to just file a claim.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So I'm in NY and I can't tell you how hit and miss that NJ USPS distribution center is. Apparently anything I order outside my State that has USPS tracking is routed through the NJ hub. Sometimes packages get there and just die for weeks, no updates at all. Then they arrive with no warning. One did not reappear and I had to ask for a replacement, which Target honored because there was no delivery indicated.

Others come through on time with tracking updates all the way. Last week I got a tracked insured package of cards from Texas in 3 days.

A tracking number doesn't mean that it won't get lost, just that they will know the last place it was before it got lost. It may help you prove that it was never delivered though. And something is wrong in that NJ facility, but not always.

Posts: 10372 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
The USPS Memphis hub is my dead zone. I should note that I have received everything so far eventually. Usually a package arrives there and then sits for anywhere from 7 to 21 days. I had a media mail box sit there for 27 days.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Things are so screwed up in general. I am pretty friendly with my local postal clerk and he says one of the biggest problems has been a lot of employees in the big sorting hubs not going back to work. Also international mail has been even worse. I was told that packages that go overseas are put on domestic planes so with them being down 80%-90% and with all the travel bans and quarantines it holds it all up. The last three packages I sent to Australia using Priority Express took exactly one month when it should only take 5-7 days.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I can actually share a good experience ( comparatively Big Grin ) . I ordered some cases of the latest Braiiinz release Mystica Tarot . Humberto posted the large box ordinary airmail in Mexico 24th October and it arrived today ( 11th November ) . Less than three weeks in the current climate is pretty good I think Smile .

I will post the contents ( and there are a few exceptional sketches Cool ) in the next couple of days .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I can actually share a good experience ( comparatively Big Grin ) . I ordered some cases of the latest Braiiinz release Mystica Tarot . Humberto posted the large box ordinary airmail in Mexico 24th October and it arrived today ( 11th November ) . Less than three weeks in the current climate is pretty good I think Smile .

I will post the contents ( and there are a few exceptional sketches Cool ) in the next couple of days .

Hurray. Clap Dance

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Post is really hit and miss, even within the UK. Some 1st class has been taking a week or more. Having said that, I think I might just live in a really slack backwoods area. Smile

Australia is a nightmare to post to currently. I have close family there. Some things are taking weeks to arrive. But it's not helped by their slack postal service. They don't deliver on Saturdays, but there's been talk they'll only deliver 3 days a week and that was before the covid19 issue. It's pretty frustrating even sending a good old birthday card there. They actually make Royal Mail look competent. Big Grin

On the flip side, a couple of weeks ago I had a parcel to send to Canada by Parcelforce and it arrived with the recipient in 4 days.

In these inconsistent and uncertain times, we just have to accept that the world postal system is equally messed up. Smile

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Missing package with 3 cards came today. Arrived Dec 12. Mailed from Chicago on Oct 13. Two months to arrive.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I guess this is a problem that is just slowly growing. All of my orders from the West Coast have been jacked up starting about mid November. Items hit a point and tracking just stops. Some enter and leave the same station twice on the same day. Eventually they show up.

Posts: 4845 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've been having serious problems with USPS packages too. Some never even show up in tracking at all just arrive. . .

USPS has a warning at the top of their site now:

"Alert: USPS is experiencing unprecedented package increases and limited employee availability due to the impacts of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and remain committed to delivering the holidays to you."

In the meantime Amazon deliveries, UPS and FedEx seem to be just fine.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post