Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    More Post Office Madness
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More Post Office Madness
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by wuher:
Yet I just purchased a card from topps card group on Facebook and cost was $4.50 no tracking or insurance but for a cheap card I was willing to take the risk

you maybe willing to take the risk but the ebay sellers are not although why they should be worried about losing a 1 dollar promo i've no idea.
Do bear in mind that with an eBay sale if it goes missing the seller has to refund the $1 for the card AND the postage paid by the buyer. So the loss to the seller can quickly mount up.

This would be a possible $2.50 loss for sale that is probably .82 profit (10% to ebay, 3% to paypal, 5 or 10 cents for a top loader.

So potential loss is 300% of potential profit.

Posts: 546 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cards sent from the UK on July 2.

Still nothing for me as of July 29.

When he sent me a package last month, it came in less than a week...

Posts: 4182 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
My inclination is to still say it will turn up. It could be that the first mailing was the exception and you got it too soon. It doesn't sound like you will have much recourse either way, so all you can do is wait.

It might be that it was addressed badly and it will find it's way back to the sender. The mail is slow and bad. Stuff is lost with tracking, without it you don't even have that much to follow all the stops. But not that much truly disappears when you consider the volume. Let us know, I still think you will hear from it if was addressed properly with enough postage. Smile

Posts: 7273 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
He said that if I don't get them by Aug 15 he will send replacements.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post