Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sequential boxes
 Login/Join

posted
Does anybody ask for sequential boxes when purchasing less than a case? I asked one of the big online sellers if i purchased 3 boxes if they would be sequential, and they just told me they pick boxes of the shelf at random, so basically no.

Posts: 88 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
I organise group buys for a bunch of Australian collectors. The way I do it is quarantine a case for the group buyers (that is, my boxes to open are in a different case) and those people who buy multiple boxes get the top or bottom of the case. If someone just wants 2 or 3 boxes, they will be sequential but possibly from the middle.

The reason I do that is because Rittenhouse in particular (less so for other companies) has excellent collation and sequential boxes tends to limit the duplication of chase cards.

However, a few weeks later when I put the leftovers away, I don't necessarily keep everything separate so I wouldn't be able to guarantee sequential boxes for later buyers. Real dealers probably stack boxes however it is easiest to store them.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah i heard about the inserts being stacked that way (maybe from you)!

And excuse my ignorance but is wrong with the middle of the case?

Posts: 88 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andy28:
yeah i heard about the inserts being stacked that way (maybe from you)!

And excuse my ignorance but is wrong with the middle of the case?

There's nothing wrong with the middle of the case, it just makes my life easier. Sometimes my group buys total more than one case. This means I have to make sure the boxes are sequential AND from within the same case (because the first box from the next case may have the same inserts as the last box from the previous case). It is most efficient to do that by having the largest orders from the start or end of the case and then the next largest orders from next to them which is the middle of the case etc and then the single box can be from wherever.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oh ok cheers, i interpreted what you said the wrong way!

posted Hide Post
I asked RA long ago if the numbering of boxes ment anything. They said no. Consider the extra time and effort it would take to compose every case with a mix of box numbers. Every once and a while I'll run across a couple of sequentially numbered boxes that had dupes.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn: Every once and a while I'll run across a couple of sequentially numbered boxes that had dupes.

That's happened to me every time I've managed to get sequentially numbered boxes from Rittenhouse.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Misunderstanding here. Sequential is not sequentially numbered. Rittenhouse sticks all sorts of numbers in a case. By sequential, I mean sequentially taken from the case (top left all the way down to bottom right).

posted Hide Post
Thats interesting!

Would you say there are many boxes with the exact same chase/base cards in them, and then they go about distributing these boxes across the run of cases?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andy28:
Thats interesting!

Would you say there are many boxes with the exact same chase/base cards in them, and then they go about distributing these boxes across the run of cases?

I'm sure there's some system as part of the excellent collation they do, but I have no idea of what the system is. Other companies don't number the boxes at all.