Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffy Promos
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted
I have a self-made list of all Buffy promos (numbers up to nearly 200!!) Two items on the list I am starting to doubt and I have no idea where I might have got the information from. Has anyone here heard of Season 5 B5-2 embossed and Season 7 B7-UK embossed. I have the normal versions of these cards but neither are embossed. Thanks for any help.

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Information pulled from nslists.com (Thanks Jeff!)
Buffy Season 5: B5-2 - Coming September 200 (embossed with Inkworks seal, NSU Buffy/Angel issue, only 777 made)
Buffy Season 7: B7-UK (embossed version; case-purchase incentive for U.K. dealers) embossed with the Inkworks 2003 logo, and has a gold stamp on back with the logo 'Authentic Originals' and numbering out of 300 (x/300) on the stamp.

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btlfannz:
I have a self-made list of all Buffy promos (numbers up to nearly 200!!) Two items on the list I am starting to doubt and I have no idea where I might have got the information from. Has anyone here heard of Season 5 B5-2 embossed and Season 7 B7-UK embossed. I have the normal versions of these cards but neither are embossed. Thanks for any help.

They both do exist. I've had both on hand from time to time.

They do not show up often or cheaply, but they are out there.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys, I appreciate your help. Oh well here we go again, two half-way impossible to find cards worth an arm and a leg. No problem.

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
The B5-2 limited to 777 was the 1st SDCC variant issue if I remember correctly. I have 1!

The other was a case topper just like the Angel Season 4 UK embossed which is also hard to find (need em both lol)

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
The B5-2 limited to 777 was the 1st SDCC variant issue if I remember correctly. I have 1!

There's 2 then as I have one as well Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
OK Jake & Hammer it's a bit of a race then! First person to offer me the card for a dollar wins! No wait, that's silly, let's really make a game of it and I'll double my first offer to $2.00. Now I can't be fairer than that can I?
You realise I'm cutting me own throat offering a once in a lifetime offer like this. Ready steady (wait for it) GO!!!!!!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Fronts and backs:

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I too can confirm they exist, I also have a Embossed Season 6 NSU-SD which I bought not that long ago off of ebay too.
Sorry for the really bad photo, I think it at least shows the embossed logo.

I also have hopefully on the way to me a Buffy Once More With Feeling set that has each card embossed too.
I am lead to believe that this set was used for a prize draw at San Diego Comic Con in 2002 and each card has been embossed with the Inkworks stamp. You had to spend $5 just to get 1 card stamped.
Can anyone confirm this?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Thank you both for posting pics of these promos! Big Grin

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
I am lead to believe that this set was used for a prize draw at San Diego Comic Con in 2002 and each card has been embossed with the Inkworks stamp. You had to spend $5 just to get 1 card stamped.
Can anyone confirm this?

It wasn't actually a $5 purchase requirement (in 2002 and 2003 anyway). Instead, you just had to open any sealed pack of Inkworks cards at the Inkworks booth. From the pack you opened, you could choose any one card for embossing. There was a limit of 5 cards per customer, so it is very likely the 9 card set you mentioned was a prize giveaway.

By the way, I used my embossings on Simpsons Mania cards which could actually still be purchased in pack form back in those days!

Finally, I also have the Buffy NSU promos but they are still sealed in the magazines. Thanks for the pictures above. I alwasys wondered what the promos looked like, especially the one limited to 777.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Finally, I also have the Buffy NSU promos but they are still sealed in the magazines. Thanks for the pictures above. I alwasys wondered what the promos looked like, especially the one limited to 777.

That's really cool Chesspiece, to have them in the still sealed NSU.
I just need to wait and hope the Season 7 NSU Embossed version pops up one day for me to buy now. Big Grin
One thing I have noticed is that the Season 5 embossed Inkworks stamp does not have a year on it, the Season 6 one does and so does the Season 7 but not the Season 5, is anyone elses cards like this?

And thank you for the info about the Embossed set, that makes so much more sense.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:

There's 2 then as I have one as well Smile

Make that 3 as I have one.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post