Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
When did eBay start collecting Tax ?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/7027002296

March 14, 2020, 05:15 AM
wuher
When did eBay start collecting Tax ?
Catches me all the time. Got to love the dollar store where everything is over a dollar

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble
March 14, 2020, 07:26 AM
wolfie
I have never even thought about how much of an items price is tax ( in whatever form ). I see the price of the item and the postage cost and that is it. If the two added together are acceptable then i buy it.

In most cases these days the price of the card is acceptable but the postage cost kills the sale stone dead.

March 14, 2020, 09:04 PM
piko
This time i was in that boat
The item that i purchased was the 3 Andromeda 1 DVDs with the DVD cards and was advertised as such, As this is the first time I have ever seen these elusive promo cards for sale they were mine so as Wolfie says price and shipping were acceptable so im in the $12 shipping for three dvds through the GSP was cheap considering that it has had up to $30 and more asked to ship 1 card through this system .
It was the %50 tax that I did not expect.
In New Zealand we have Goods and Services Tax GST added to everything sold in NZ more times than not it is in the final price EG GST Included or the asking or sale price Excluding GST until Dec 1 2019 this was only in NZ all international purchases were GST free on Dec 1 The NZ government decided that GST would apply to all internet sales from overseas as well therefore it was not a internal tax anymore but a tax that could collect from any N Z citizen or person buying from Any Country and shipping to NZ .
I have noticed that a couple of items that I have purchased over the last few days have not had this tax added ,
so i will presume that if they dont get snagged by customs I will not have to pay this.I dont mind paying my fees if custons send me an account I will pay ,But when I have to pay extra for undisclosed fees i am sure that is gouging by EBay and I am going to try and fight it
Thanks for putting up with my moaning
March 15, 2020, 08:50 AM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by piko:

I dont mind paying my fees if customs send me an account I will pay

We don't even have that option in the UK. The postman is directed to collect any customs fees owing when he knocks the door along with the royal mail fee for collecting the customs fee. Either you pay it all on the doorstep or you don't get your package.

March 15, 2020, 01:58 PM
piko
Jeez that is harsh , as this is the first time that I will have a parcel sent to me like this I presume that the mailman will not come to the door and demand the fees .
Nothing has been said about that .
If any duty is payable I expect a phone call and an internet banking transfer to sort it out,but we will now see,how interested in anything under a $1.000 Customs are, it will all be in the smallprint.
March 24, 2020, 05:52 AM
Scifi Cards
Sold a card today to Australia.

For the first time, at least that I noticed, eBay collected AU GST for the transaction. It was noted that they by Australian Taxation.

So the days or buying without taxes seems to be over world wide, or soon will be.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal