Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    X-Files 1999 SDCC Scratch Off Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Files 1999 SDCC Scratch Off Cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
There has been some discussion of these elsewhere on Card Talk, under Holy Grails, as they are apparently very tough to find. However, I wanted to start a separate topic to chat about them.

I just picked up 3 of the 4 in this set, Mulder, Scully, and Skinner. Looking at ebay, I think 2 of each have surfaced there over the past year. I didn't have these until now.

Is anyone else collecting these ? I guess the fourth one is the Cigarette Smoking Man. I have not yet seen that one.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David R has asked me to post the images of three of the cards that were available on eBay recently. Personally I would like to thank the sellers for posting the images as I have copied and pasted them for you to see albeit with some minor changes.

Here is Skinner front:-

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Here is Mulder front:-

Here is the Scully front:-

and here is the back which I have assumed is the same for all three:-

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I only have the Mulder, so I'm no
help on the picture of the final card, but I have this sketch card by Cat Staggs that was clearly based on the picture used on the Scully promo.
I wonder if she had a set of the SD promos and did paintings of each.

Posts: 3319 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Good catch there, Chesspieceface!

Posts: 1020 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

I have just the Scully now but was lucky to complete the set at that Comic-Con. I later sold that set and a couple of extra singles but decided recently to see if I could put another one together. It's definitely tougher these days. They don't come up often though last year was a pretty good one for those. A Skinner was available as a 2-3 card lot at least once and I saw a Scully and Mulder go rather cheaply as a pair. I noticed a number of other oddball promos went up for auction so I think a couple of people sold at least part of their collections.

I'll see if I have a scan of the Cigarette-Smoking Man. It's another portrait-type shot like the others.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
There has been some discussion of these elsewhere on Card Talk, under Holy Grails, as they are apparently very tough to find. However, I wanted to start a separate topic to chat about them.

I just picked up 3 of the 4 in this set, Mulder, Scully, and Skinner. Looking at ebay, I think 2 of each have surfaced there over the past year. I didn't have these until now.

Is anyone else collecting these ? I guess the fourth one is the Cigarette Smoking Man. I have not yet seen that one.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post