Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    America at War - Band of Brothers (iCardz)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

America at War - Band of Brothers (iCardz)
 Login/Join

Picture of Storm
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to everyone.
I'm a collector from the Netherlands.
I'm still looking for the Chicago CH 1 promo card, can someone help me?
For the auto cards, I have Compton,Guarnere, Malarkey,Lyall, Heffron,McClung.

Still looking for the Ed Tipper, Buck Taylor and Forrest Guth autograph cards.
Does someone know if they exist?
Forrest Guth passed away last year, that was before the set came out.

Posts: 11 | Location: The Netherlands | Registered: April 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
taylor (as of last word) is the only one you need. he is also, the only one i need as well. he is tough to find

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried to check their " you could be a winner " card lately? The last two times I tried nothing came up when I hit the Enter button. Confused

Posts: 161 | Location: Harrisburg Pa U.S.A. | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hoffmaster007:
Has anyone tried to check their " you could be a winner " card lately? The last two times I tried nothing came up when I hit the Enter button. Confused

Storm, as glen87 said, it's quite certain there are 7 autographs total for this series.

hoffmaster007. I have written to iCardz previously informing them about problems with the prize entry page. I presume that the blank page is a no win... of course the only way to confirm that is to find someone who has a winner which the odds of are very VERY slim.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nicnac,

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
Thank-you Nicnac! I can't believe that with 100 winner cards out there, only three have been redeemed. But I believe with the insertion rate of autos' and sketches they are sitting on hugh ammounts of inventory! The last nine boxes I've opened, no sketches or autos! Shake Head

Posts: 161 | Location: Harrisburg Pa U.S.A. | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dick Winters died January 2.

Words fail me...

cnn.com

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Dick Winters was a great example of a military officer. His assault on German gun positions is still taught in Army tactics textbooks.

He lived in Hershey, PA, not far from where the Tosers live. Marlin and him would have hit it off.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not Sure if anyone still follows this but i thought i would post my latest addition, after a long time searching and requesting i finally have it Smile

Finally Got the SP9 Tipper Card got it through a source at Icardz, so i guess we were all told they didn't exist, but clearly there where at least a few done for either proof or sample

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8667/tipperfront.jpg

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/385/tipperback.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andrew Thomson,

Posts: 20 | Location: Adelaide South Australia | Registered: July 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is an awesome addition. I would love to be able to obtain one of those as well. I bought the set that included all the autographs but apparently now I still need one more. Wish I knew how many he actually signed.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just saw William Guarnere died. RIP:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/art...9/US--Obit-Guarnere/

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
for those still following this, i just found out there are 3 Canada at war Autographs, only about 10 of each actually made it into packets

ive just chased down 2 of them waiting for them to arrive and then ill post pictures

Posts: 20 | Location: Adelaide South Australia | Registered: July 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bacall1:
That is an awesome addition. I would love to be able to obtain one of those as well. I bought the set that included all the autographs but apparently now I still need one more. Wish I knew how many he actually signed.

after speaking with dean from icardz (who now has gone out alone to do the next series)
there are about 5 or 6 he started to sign them before he realised a mistake on the card and icardz had no time re issue the cards as they had been produced, the are incredibly rare and tipper kept most to give to family

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have they done any new promo cards at all the past few years ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Have they done any new promo cards at all the past few years ?

No New Promos yet, but there are a few unreleased Sketch Cards which have been showing up here and there, waiting on mine to arrive from COMC but they look very nice

posted Hide Post
Heres a picture of the Sketch Card and Also my prize possession from the series

[

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
For those interested there's a great deal on the website for anyone looking for an individual autograph card ($19.95 each) or the autograph set ($129.95 for the set of 7):

http://lestweforgetcardsus.com...ex.php?page=products

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information, Logan. It is a great price. Thumb Up

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
certainly is a great price

dean from lestweforget is great to deal with and has the sets at a real good price

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Thomson:
Not Sure if anyone still follows this but i thought i would post my latest addition, after a long time searching and requesting i finally have it Smile

Finally Got the SP9 Tipper Card

Congrats!

quote:
after speaking with dean from icardz (who now has gone out alone to do the next series)
there are about 5 or 6 he started to sign them before he realised a mistake on the card and icardz had no time re issue the cards as they had been produced, the are incredibly rare and tipper kept most to give to family

Yes, I heard it had something to do with his rank in the card text.

quote:
Heres a picture of the Sketch Card

Excellent, love it! Thanks for sharing.

quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
For those interested there's a great deal on the website for anyone looking for an individual autograph card ($19.95 each) or the autograph set ($129.95 for the set of 7):

http://lestweforgetcardsus.com...ex.php?page=products

Thanks for posting this. These are great cards about great men at a great price and it's sad to realize only ONE of the signers is still with us:

SP1 Lynn "Buck" Compton: Died February 25, 2012 (aged 90)
Served as the lead prosecutor in Sirhan Sirhan's trial for the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy.

SP2 William "Wild Bill" Guarnere: Died March 8, 2014 (aged 90)
One of only two Easy Company members (the other being Lynn Compton) to be awarded the Silver Star throughout the duration of the war.

SP3 Forrest Guth: Died August 9, 2009 (aged 88)
Did not sign his cards and was not in the mini-series Band of Brothers.

SP4 Edward "Babe" Heffron: Died December 1, 2013 (aged 90)
Towards the end Edward expressed concern that he was dying so close to Christmas because he didn't want to spoil the holiday for his friends and family.

SP5 Clarence "Clancy" Lyall: Died March 19, 2012 (aged 86)
Was bayoneted in the stomach while fighting in Carentan, France

SP6 Donald Malarkey: Born July 31, 1921 (age 93)
Is the oldest surviving member of Easy Company.

SP7 Earl "One Lung" McLung: Died November 27, 2013 (aged 90)
Had two working lungs.

SP8 Amos "Buck" Taylor: Died August 24, 2011 (aged 90)
Taylor was the oldest of four brothers. His mother told them to join different branches of the army, so she would not lose all of them on the same day. All of the Taylor brothers survived the war

SP9 Ed Tipper: Born August 3, 1921 (age 93) (did not sign his cards)
Tipper fought in Carentan: after clearing a house, a mortar shell exploded near him when he was standing in the doorway. His right eye was destroyed and his legs were broken.

(Most of the above is stolen from Wikipedia)

posted Hide Post
good to see your still around NICNAC thought you had gone