Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    America at War - Band of Brothers (iCardz)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

America at War - Band of Brothers (iCardz)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Nice to hear from you Andrew... I am encroaching on your sketch-loving territory:
This arrived in the mail today:

I love Ingrid Hardy's style!

Andrew, if you check back in this thread, can you tell me, since you are the resident expert on the sketches, if yours have backs that are of quite a different quality from the base set and autographs, new art, and a bit fuzzy?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nicnac,

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's the back:

I love this card! And, I don't need to be loving sketches with two autographs left to find! Red Face

Edit - I am heartbroken. I didn't read the text on the back until just now, and never realized each of the 50 sketches represent a soldier from the Band of Brothers who died in combat.

Thank you, PFC Robert J. Modracek

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Nicnac, I don't think the back of the sketch cards is true. As a matter of fact, on Ingrid's website she posted a sketch of Donald Burgett, who is still quite alive and wrote four best-selling books on his action in Europe during WWII (see Currahee, The Road to Arnhem, Seven Roads to Hell and Beyond the Rhine.) His books are actually what got me interested in WWII and becoming a lifelong amateur historian regarding that war and era.

Burgett still lives in Michigan.

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
bought the last 6 packs at a Newbury yesterday.

up to these 5 now
SP1 - COMPTON, Buck
SP2 - GUARNERE, William
SP5 - LYALL, Clancy
SP6 - MALARKEY, Donald
SP7 - McCLUNG, Earl

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by willgull:
Burgett still lives in Michigan.

And let this be a lesson of what happens when one presumes, kids! I presumed that all 50 sketches would be the same in subject and tenor. A pity it's hard to see the names on the cards on Ingrid's site. willgull, can you tell me if the sketch of Burgett is one of the 50 on that page? http://www.rabidhorse.com/icardz.html

quote:
Originally posted by glen87:
bought the last 6 packs at a Newbury yesterday

glen87. Congrats! Heffron should not be giving you so much trouble.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
thanks nicnac - did you see my message to you on another site?

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glen87:
thanks nicnac - did you see my message to you on another site?

Yes Glen... Amazingly, I have 5 spare autos... the 5 you already have Frown

posted Hide Post
Wish me luck,

im currently bidding on 4 more sketches Smile

gonna win them at any cost Smile well with in reason Smile

Posts: 20 | Location: Adelaide South Australia | Registered: July 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Thomson:
Wish me luck,

im currently bidding on 4 more sketches Smile

gonna win them at any cost Smile well with in reason Smile

WOW Andrew! Actually, you reported in at a timely moment. Perhaps you already knew, but MY estimate of their being 50 sketches (based on Ingrid Hardy's website) and of them all being of subjects who died in combat was incorrecte. Check the bold text on the 1st post of this thread for new info.

Since you are the resident sketch expert, can you tell me if there are two different backs, one for those who died in combat, and another for those who survived and came home? Are there more than two backs?

posted Hide Post
drop me an email mate,

as for sketches, all mine are of those deceased, execept one of the 4 im bidding on i believe is alive,

as for 100 sketches ive heard 3 stories so far
im still leaning towards the 50 sketches, but saying that i heard that there is 100 sketches and 50 are for the upcoming series the pacific

Posts: 20 | Location: Adelaide South Australia | Registered: July 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Burgett was one of those shown in the sketches I believe. I cannot get that link to pull up, hence varifcation is not able to be made by me. I am fairly certain his card was in the upper row on one of the scans....but I may be incorrect

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
as for 100 sketches ive heard 3 stories so far

At this point in time, I am pretty certain there are 100 sketches in this current release but let me try to find out for sure. One way YOU can confirm this is to see if all the sketches you own, and are bidding on are pictured on Ingrid's site: http://www.rabidhorse.com/icardz.html

EDIT. Ingrid Hardy has updated the site and it now shows 108 finished sketches. Same link.

quote:
Burgett was one of those shown in the sketches I believe. I cannot get that link to pull up, hence varifcation is not able to be made by me. I am fairly certain his card was in the upper row on one of the scans....but I may be incorrect

willgull... OKAY I see it now. Good recall!
This link doesn't work for you? http://www.rabidhorse.com/icardz.html

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately all I can do is salivate at these cards. Ingrid is by far my favorite artist (I've been buying from her since she started sketch cards), and studying WWII has been my full-time hobby. However, I cannot afford to buy any cards at the moment and these will be all dried up when I recover. Basically, all I can do right now is lurk and covet. Oh well, some day......

Twak Durn economy!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Basically, all I can do right now is lurk and covet. Oh well, some day......

Twak Durn economy!

Perhaps when The Pacific rolls around Wink

posted Hide Post
Today, I received this:

I thought Modracek was as sad a story as you could get. I like the sketches so much even though I initially wanted to collect only the autographs. Now, I am beginning to realize what a tribute these sketches are to some truly great men.

Read about Pvt. John A. Vendelis

-

posted Hide Post
doing my trick now nicnac Smile

i started off only wanting a couple now im bidding on all that i see lol,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew Thomson:
doing my trick now nicnac Smile

i started off only wanting a couple now im bidding on all that i see lol,

Yes... ummm I blame you! Wink

posted Hide Post
Old news, but new to me, a nice look at The Pacific series with possible lenticular motion cards:
The Pacific on PRWeb

Also, I have once again revised the per box ratio of autos and sketches in the first post off this thread to 1 in 6 as well as a per box price reduction of $20!

Boxes are currently $64.95.

posted Hide Post
I just found the best deal I have seen so far on boxes of America at War - Band of Brothers:

Amazon

Items: $64.95
Shipping & Handling: $4.49

Total Before Tax: $69.44

Please check the first post of this thread for auto/sketch ratios and product information.

Take a look at my D-Day Blog

posted Hide Post
Finally got internet Wooo Hooo,

just got back from my folks place from a visit, and collected my 10 boxes worth of cards as well,

turns out it wasnt Tipper but Taylor, still not complaining from what i understand, after speaking with Icardz i now have a complete set of Autos, As Tipper and Guth have not and will not sign cards Smile so anyone out there looking for them give up,

the one i saw on ebay being sold as a tipper after emailing a copy of the ebay listing is nothing more then the common card signed at a roadshow or something of the similar,

bring on the pacific, just finished my canada at war set as well so all going good,

trying to chase more sketch cards but havent seen any for a while Frown

Cheers

Andrew