Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    America at War - Band of Brothers (iCardz)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

America at War - Band of Brothers (iCardz)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Andrew, wow!
Well, I guess on the positive you did get another sketch and the Tipper.
I think you are on the right track, picking up all the sketches you can find. They are true 1/1s.
Any chance of working something out for the Compton?
(If we start talking about anything but trades, it has to be off this forum)

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
send us and email mate,

also in ebay there a 3 autos up for grabs as well

Posts: 20 | Location: Adelaide South Australia | Registered: July 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
America at War - Band of Brothers

These look really interesting, what kind of Memorabilia is there and I imagine they are really hard to pull..

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Streich:
quote:
America at War - Band of Brothers

These look really interesting, what kind of Memorabilia is there and I imagine they are really hard to pull..

Hi Jim,
The total of the inserts is as posted earlier in the thread. 4 Ad cards (1/6 packs), Instant win card (1/12), autograph 1 per box, sketches by Ingrid Hardy (50 total).
As to the memorabilia, check my earlier posts. They have medals, and shoulder patches (ORIGINAL, not reproductions). However, for the entire run, so far, they have only given TWO items to the US, and TWO to Canada so these are really really hard to get even though you get 2 chances per box.

Andrew. You opened 10 boxes. Did you enter all 20 instant win cards?

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah entered all 20 got sweet FA, Frown

Posts: 20 | Location: Adelaide South Australia | Registered: July 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
haha.. took me a seconds to figure out what FA meant..

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys, this is the latest I can piece together regarding the autos in this set.

It appears that the more 'difficult' autos are showing up more and more (just this couple of months, there have been 2-3 Clancy Lyall, Lynn Compton, and Bill Guarnere autos on the bay.)

In addition, one of the 'impossibles' (Ed Tipper) appears to have been picked by Andrew out of a box in Australia. This makes my informal count 4 of these seen this year.

Don't despair:
Based on current knowledge I am going to state at this time that it appears that iCardz has not been staggering the autographs (Dave did confirm this to me months ago) but that the cards themselves are staggered. By this, I mean they are appearing to market unevenly based on how the boxes they are packed in are selling.
As such, I expect, I hope, we will continue to see the market shift from the abundance of Malarkey's, McClungs, and Heffrons, toward Comptons, Taylors, Tippers?? etc.
As stated above, already, some of these are showing up more and more. Keep your eyes peeled as this product seems to be coming to a slow boil Wink

Happy hunting.

Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
Hello Nicnac, Andy and all!
I have been opening many boxes of these the last few weeks. I opened ten boxes with my first purchase and got an auto in every box ( Six different ones for my set and four dupes I sold in auctions ) Dance So I ordered twelve more boxes from my local dealer. Smile The first two boxes did not have a complete set ( had a duplicate pack ) and NO autos or sketch! Confused I emailed Dave at ICards and he said he would send me the cards I was missing and one auto, but he said the autos were not guarenteed in every box! I have since opened four more boxes and have not gotten an auto or sketch in any box!!! Frown I intend to email him tommorrow and see what he will do. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed!

Posts: 161 | Location: Harrisburg Pa U.S.A. | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have since opened four more boxes and have not gotten an auto or sketch in any box!!! Frown I intend to email him tommorrow and see what he will do. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed!

Hey Hoff... what does the sticker on the top of these problem boxes say? The last lot of 5 boxes I bought all say "This box contains at least 1 authentic Band of Brothers Veteran Autograph card"
Previous ones I have seen have "or a sketch" or something similar.
I believe I have seen boxes that say "may contain" which is what you might have.

Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
Hi Nicnac.
There are not any stickers on my boxes and I don't recall any on the first ones I purchased, but I do remember seeing stickers on boxes somewhere, though I don't remember what they said.

Posts: 161 | Location: Harrisburg Pa U.S.A. | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hoffmaster007:
Hi Nicnac.
There are not any stickers on my boxes and I don't recall any on the first ones I purchased, but I do remember seeing stickers on boxes somewhere, though I don't remember what they said.

Hmmm then I have a feeling these boxes are not guaranteed to give you any chases (or even a complete set). It was nice of iCardz to send you something though Wink

I am going to dig into this and see if I can find how much product there is without the top level chases. I can't see that this is any fault of iCardz since there are only guarantees on labeled boxes but there can probably be more clarity in what's out there.

I don't know how you want to proceed on the sealed boxes. Sell them with full disclosure, chance things and open them, return them to the dealer?
I know a dealer who bought FIFTY boxes. I am going to write to her to ask if they have stickers on them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nicnac,

posted Hide Post
Guys,
Please check the first post in this thread for updated information.

I maintain this information on 4 forums so it's easier for me to follow one format where I can,
Plus, the earlier posts tend to start containing more and more errors as time passes and my information gets more correct, and I don't want to give bad info to someone who opens the thread, sees the first few posts, and takes it verbatim.

Look for the text in bold in the first thread.

Thanks,
Nicnac

Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
Hello again!
Nicnac, I just reread your first post about the one in ten boxes, but I wonder why everyone I know that opened this product plus the people on this form, would be getting an auto in every box and now I don't get one in six boxes! I would like to know if this has happened to anyone else. It seems to me that they must have a pile of cases that they know have maybe an auto in one in ten boxes and a pile of cases that have an auto in every box, and depending on their mood that day, decide which pile to sent the orders out from!?! I very much agree with Don Nortons' post right after yours, about packaging a product like they have if collecters are not going to recieve anything but a set at $60.00 to $90.00 per box? As I said I emailed Dave about my disappointment and hope to have a repy tommorrow.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder why everyone I know that opened this product plus the people on this form, would be getting an auto in every box and now I don't get one in six boxes!

This gets to the heart of the issue. If iCardz has changed the ratio of top level inserts they need to make this clear to dealers and collectors.
The problem I see for them is in HOW they can do this since history has shown, as you have observed, that autos used to be 1 per box. Please note, the text right after the bold in my first post was added only yesterday. I will make some indication of this to avoid future misunderstandings.

All I can say right now is what I hear and read around the web, and that is, that their text says "possible auto or sketch" in a box.

Please let me know what Dave says when you hear from him.

Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
I recieved an email from Dave today. He states that " Online buyers are guarenteed an auto in each box as stated on our website ", and they have no record of me ordering boxes online from them, only a binder. I checked their site thoroughly and also saw this statement " Hand signed cards from nine of the actual Band of Brothers veterans, randomly inserted into each box of America at War, WW2, D-Day cards. A very limited quantity will be released ", which does not say you have to purchase your boxes online to recieve an auto per box. Dave asked me where I bought my boxes ( I had already told him in a prior Email ), and I emailed him back this morning but have not heard back. I did recieve my cards that were missing in two boxes to make a set and he sent one auto for the first two boxes I opened without one.

posted Hide Post
Yah Hoff.... it's clear they have changed the terms from the many promos and writeups that promised 1 auto per box. Much of this material was printed almost a year ago, and many months before the product was finalized. We all know how bad the BIG companies like Topps and UD can be in what they promise and what they deliver. Now, as to the text on the website that still states conflicting information, I have said my piece on that topic.

Let me reiterate, I am not defending iCardz in this matter, merely stating that I believe any boxes without a red sticker stating the odds are going to fall under the 1 in 10 rule they are now passing around.

posted Hide Post
and once again, a bump for important new information. Please check the updated FAQ, also explained a bit more in the first post on page 1.

oh, and... one more thing...

after intense, tear-inducing negotiations and wheeling and dealing, my darling baby arrived today:

Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
Bouncey WOW! Very Nice Nicnac!! Could you possibly scan the back also? I love to see the now picture of these "Greatest Men". Also, did they just add that faq answer?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hoffmaster007:
Bouncey WOW! Very Nice Nicnac!! Could you possibly scan the back also? I love to see the now picture of these "Greatest Men". Also, did they just add that faq answer?

Hoff, yes sorry for the incomplete info. Their new website went live today (Tuesday). Check out the main page:
Lest We Forget Collector Cards
I will have to take a picture of the back later for you Wink

On a side note, has anyone heard from Andrew lately? I have requested picture of his Ed Tipper to no avail.. hope he checks in soon.

EDIT: as promised:

posted Hide Post
hey guys sorry for the absence,

good score nicnac, did you get that from a box from your local dealer, or from icardz website,

trying to work out where to buy,

i will scan tipper as soon as i get net at my new house, my wife and i purchased a house in regional australia, and if you know what our outback is like there is not much technology yet so waiting for net to arrive, until then i will check in with my iphone Smile