Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Anybody order anything from retrorhcc.com
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody order anything from retrorhcc.com
 Login/Join

Picture of AWR
posted
Was searching the web trying to find some older boxes of Star Trek Cards and came across the website retrorhcc.com which had some boxes for very cheap prices (My mistake - I should have been suspicious). I ordered 2 boxes and then found out that retrorhcc.com was a company in China and after they took my money, it looks like they just disappeared and are not legitimate. The website is no longer available so there is no way for me to see if my order was real and shipped, or if it was just a scam.

I plan on waiting a few days before filing a claim on my credit card for a refund. It also looks like other similar sites from China are popping up offering all sorts of collectables and other merchandise at really low prices.

Just putting this out there for others to be aware of.

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That's a shame. It happens to us all at least once. If the website is gone and you have no way to contact the seller, you really should think about cancelling the transaction with your credit card company straight away. I wouldn't wait to determine legitimacy if the circus has left town with your data, but that's just my suggestion.

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
Update - I was able to get my money back from my credit card company for the 2 boxes of cards I had ordered from retrorhcc.com (retrorhcc.com was a company in China that no longer exists)

I then received a package from China that was supposed to be a box of Star Wars Evolution Update - Sealed Trading Card Hobby Box - Topps 2006 that I had ordered from motokozio.com (another Chinese knockoff website) It ended up being a cheap tangled up necklace. Going to try and get my money back on this one as well (there website also no longer exists)

Lesson learned - I will never again order stuff from an unknown or suspicious looking site that has cheap prices.

Will stick to trusted dealers / companies, e-bay and amazon

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post