Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Skybox B-5 CCG cards
 Login/Join

Picture of STCardGeek
posted
I am looking for osmeone familiar with SKybox's CCG product from B-5. I had a stack of embossed (from a convention I think) auto'd ccg cards and except that one of them is Walter Koenig, I'm CLOELESS. I have a scan if someone is in the know.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
All the autograph in the babylon 5 CCG were embossed with the precedence publihing logo. They were embossed inside the boosters and not at a show. Hope this helps.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardcollectors uk
posted Hide Post
They were generally inserted 1 per case of 12 boxes, although towards the end of Precedence producing them, some of the autograph cards were used as additional purchase incentives, and then after Precedence ceased trading a huge amount appeared on ebay, at around $5.

Posts: 128 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NEMESISBOY
posted Hide Post
Skybox didn't release any B5 CCG sets, Precedence did.
All the official autograph cards, EXCEPT for the Delenn card, were embossed with the Precedence seal.
There are a lot of unofficial ones out there.
The Walter Koenig auto card came in the PSI Corps set.
The best source of information for B5 CCG i know of is :-
www.b5ccg.mahasamatman.com

Posts: 67 | Location: LONDON | Registered: September 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
The only auto I evr pulled from this series is Delenn, and it is definitely not embossed or indentified as an official autograph in any way.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NEMESISBOY
posted Hide Post
There's also supposed to be another Delenn auto card. It's signed in silver ink and was giiven out by a fan club.
I've only seen one, and i've never seen it listed, or for sale.

Posts: 67 | Location: LONDON | Registered: September 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The signed cards were (most of the time) regular cards that were signed and then had the Precedence seal applied. Mira Furlan retained a big handful of unsigned and unembossed Delenn Transformed cards, and these might be the ones that showed up through the Zeta Squadron fan club. There were a slew of unsigned Claudia Christian cards out there too. But because the signed cards were usually identical to the regular cards, the embossed seal is generally the only way to tell an official card from a show signing.

I haven't compared notes with Mahasamatman in a while and the link isn't responding at the moment, but there were also a lot of promo cards that hit the market when Precedence lost the license. Here's the promo and auto list from the last time I updated, a couple of years after the breakup of Precedence. I'll check around to see if there's anything new.

Babylon 5 CCG Promos and Autos

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardcollectors uk
posted Hide Post
If you compare the Delenn Transformed official auto and a regular version there's a difference in the print quality on the card. I'm not sure about the ones that Mira Furlan had herself.

Posts: 128 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post