Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Cryptozoic Customer Service?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic Customer Service?
 Login/Join

Picture of richscards
posted
Anbody got a phone number for Cryptozoic Customer Service?

One of my BBT cases had a whole bunch of damaged singles that I'd like to replace (I know there were a bunch of WD cases with the same issue, so if you had a similar issue, I'd love to hear how it was resolved).

I tried emailing through their website, but just got a canned response about sending in a damaged card to be replaced by the correct card or "one of equal rarity"...

I'm five to six sets shy of what I should have been able to make out of the case and I don't want some random singles in replacement, so I'd like to talk to a human if possible.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Posts: 178 | Location: SF Bay Area, USA | Registered: August 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I wish....I didn't even get a base set or an auto out of my Vampire Diaries box. I got the same repose. They said to send in the empty box the receipt of the box and they would replace the base cards. So I did, and that was the last I heard of that. I have bought boxes of each of their other releases and had no problem so I overall I guess I shouldn't complain.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tragicend
posted Hide Post
i didn't get an autograph in one of my big bang theory boxes, so i emailed them and sent in receipt and box top. They said "they should be able to take care of this". i got an email notification that they sent me a package, so i will let you know how it goes.

Posts: 258 | Location: Homer Glen, IL | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ScoobyDew79
posted Hide Post
I had about 15 base cards miscut L-R, and emailed them about it. They had me send them in. They sent me a package, due to arrive middle of next week (FedEx ground of all things!). I'll update when I pick up the package.

Posts: 43 | Location: Oxford, Mississippi | Registered: December 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From CBLDF, I had 5-6 copies of the same insert damaged in the same way (there were not #'d). I sent them in and got 5-6 inserts back (none of them the same as the one I had sent in) and an auto. So I got something back, but it really didn't help me.

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CryptozoicTCFan
posted Hide Post
You may try going here:

http://www.cryptozoic.com/contact

There is a number listed below the address.

Posts: 27 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of richscards
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all those that have responded. I can't say your experiences left me all warm and fuzzy, unfortunately...

CryptozoicTC - I tried the number on the Contact Us page first, before attempting to email. However, the automated system either requires you to type in the 4 digit extension of the person you are trying to reach or gives you the option to go to a dial by name directory.

Dialing 0 for an operator doesn't work, and apparently there is nobody that works there with the last name "customer" or "service" Smile

I'll just dial one of the folks that responds here on the Card talk tomorrow during business hours. Ultimately, if this is the quality of product and level of service that I can expect from Cryptozoic, I'll be recommending titles from other manufacturers to my customers.

Posts: 178 | Location: SF Bay Area, USA | Registered: August 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
I've always used the email info@cryptozoic.com when I need help and they've always been quick with responses.
I had one Vampire Diaries box missing both hits and 2 damaged autos (Wesley and Somerhalder) and they replaced them quickly with no problems.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 007bondcards
posted Hide Post
lol just went thru the same thing Richard,tried everything to talk to a human with no such luck,tried the email thing to

Posts: 87 | Location: ontario | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CryptozoicTCFan
posted Hide Post
A shame, need to work on the Customer Service and would be a great company.

Posts: 27 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ScoobyDew79
posted Hide Post
I got my miscut replacements today. They were the same card numbers I sent in. They're a little slow to answer emails sometimes. But they're much faster than the sports manufacturers I've dealt with.

Posts: 43 | Location: Oxford, Mississippi | Registered: December 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of richscards
posted Hide Post
Thanks Scooby, I'll just have to hope for the best. I'm not going to bother sending in all 100+ damaged cards, just the 20 or so I need to complete the sets I was short in my case...we'll see what happens. it''s not like I have another use for mashed up cards.

Picture of richscards
posted Hide Post
Just want to follow up on my post...

Even though the customer service email I received was rather canned and I never got to a human being, I did receive a big lot of replacement singles in a very timely manner, along with a little extra for my trouble.

hats off to Cryptozoic for very quick and accurate turnaround on their end!

Picture of Portlaw
posted Hide Post
I was also missing hits from a Big Bang Theory purchase. I got excellence service and responses back and they quickly sent out replacements and I couldn't of been happier with the replacements or service I received Smile Cryptozoic you are top quality Big Grin

Posts: 77 | Location: Ireland | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
My experience with Cryptozoic's customer service was outstanding, they did a great job. Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I opened a box of Walking Dead and was missing base card #14 and the auto card. This was from a sealed box I purchased off ebay. I looked over Cryptozoic's customer service requirements on their site and it seems they want proof. I can see this if you have damaged cards but how to you prove missing cards? I may be SOL because the purchase was off ebay and not one of their distributors.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Portlaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
I opened a box of Walking Dead and was missing base card #14 and the auto card. This was from a sealed box I purchased off ebay. I looked over Cryptozoic's customer service requirements on their site and it seems they want proof. I can see this if you have damaged cards but how to you prove missing cards? I may be SOL because the purchase was off ebay and not one of their distributors.

I may be wrong but I think they want proof of the purchase and I think missing a base card is just bad luck whereas the odds are one auto per box. When I contacted them they wanted me to send the box top and receipt Smile

Posts: 77 | Location: Ireland | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:

I can't imagine that a copy of your paypal transaction would not suffice for proof of purchase.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
John- check with CZE and see if they can help you out. If they can't, I'll rummage through my box of Walking Dead spare base cards and see if I have an extra #14 for you.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would be great, thanks! Looks like we are in the same neck of the woods as well.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post