Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    USPS Prices Rates for January 27, 2013
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS Prices Rates for January 27, 2013
 Login/Join

Picture of kane1
posted
If you use the USPS as your default shipping method. I recommend check the new prices and changes. For Domestic the Parcel Post will be know as Standard Post. As far I check the big increases in prices are for International Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes/Envelopes and the 1rst Class International.

Here are some links to read and check:

Postal Regulatory Commission: Prices Changes (October 11, 2012)
http://www.prc.gov/Docs/85/853...otice%20CP2013-3.pdf

eCommercebytes.com: Merchants to Be Squeezed by Postage Rate Increase in January
http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y12/m10/i12/s01

eCommercebytes.com Letters New 2013 Postage Rates Include Some Whoppers
http://www.ecommercebytes.com/...2/10/1350432220.html

USPS: First-Ever Global Forever Stamp Debuts When Prices Change January 27
http://about.usps.com/news/nat...es/2012/pr12_114.htm

USPS Postal Explorer
http://pe.usps.com/

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great information, thanks!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
Those new First Class International rates are crazy. $6.00 for 1-2 oz.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
That does it. I will not be selling internationally anymore after those price hikes. Those prices are just absolutely unreasonable!

Posts: 1112 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow that is really going to affect my international sales especially since about half of all my sales are to the UK and Europe. How am I to expect my buyers across the pond to pay for this huge increase. I mean we are talking over a 100% increase.

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Pedicini Jr.:
Wow that is really going to affect my international sales especially since about half of all my sales are to the UK and Europe. How am I to expect my buyers across the pond to pay for this huge increase. I mean we are talking over a 100% increase.

AND, we JUST had nearly a 100% increase from $1.77 to $3 this time last year.

Posts: 14 | Location: Indiana, USA | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I must order and buy now what I can. I bet some US ebay sellers will ask for $10 shipping fee on January. Right now some are already asking me for $5-7 for a card! That's when I appreciate ordering from China, shipping is free! The downside is it takes ages to receive the order. 3-6 weeks.

Posts: 69 | Location: Earth | Registered: November 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisahend:
Those new First Class International rates are crazy. $6.00 for 1-2 oz.
Sounds like they are now pretty much the same as the price of sending a similar package from the UK over to the States. Small Package Airmail minimum price is £3.30p (UKPounds), that's around $5.20, before the cost of a toploader, penny sleeve and jiffy bag are included.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piper_rulez:
That does it. I will not be selling internationally anymore after those price hikes. Those prices are just absolutely unreasonable!

The prices may be unreasonable, but some people are prepared to pay. You should give them the chance.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Looks like the US is getting caught up to the postal prices in Canada. It's a shame. I already think it is expensive enough shipping outside of Canada and I can see sellers charging a lot more for shipping to Canada now. This will greatly affect the way I shop online. Anything thicker than 2 centimeters is considered a package and rates start at $7.61 to the US airmail and $10.00+ overseas (even if the package weighs only 50-100 grams). I've seen the postal price increases for us (Canada) for January 14th and I'm not happy either. Frown

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
There is allready talk of the prices to ship stuff out of the UK going up again after it only just went up.

I don't know about buying cards it will soon be too expensive to trade any. Frown

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of piper_rulez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:

The prices may be unreasonable, but some people are prepared to pay. You should give them the chance.

I know, but I can't justify charging so much for shipping. As a buyer, I think what some charge for shipping is ridiculous. And since most of my international buyers usually get just one promo card, having the shipping cost more than what the card is worth is just not right. I will probably still allow international buyers the option. But its just not right!

Posts: 1112 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I know, but I can't justify charging so much for shipping. As a buyer, I think what some charge for shipping is ridiculous. And since most of my international buyers usually get just one promo card, having the shipping cost more than what the card is worth is just not right. I will probably still allow international buyers the option. But its just not right!
Don't beat yourself up about the cost. You are not charging the customers - the post office is. It's beyond your control.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
WOwsers. I have no words. The PO is doing dreadfully money-wise, but I'd sure like to know they cleaned theor own house before spilling it onto us so strongly.
I loves my international customers...

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard as to whether the post office is definitely going to close on Saturdays, so that there will only be Mon to Fri deliveries ?

I know that this is the fault of Hurricane Sandy, but these past few days we've been getting mail that was postmarked 2-3 weeks ago !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Some people are willing to pay extra for the shipping, not because the cost is ok with them. But that's because the item may not be available locally or very hard to find considering there are different market size worldwide. So give them a chance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: juke,

Posts: 69 | Location: Earth | Registered: November 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know im missing out, but I dont typically ship internationally. The reason being the only way im protected by paypal is to send EMS and thats typically 35$ or more for a single card. Ive heard to many horror stories about dealing internationally that its not worth the risk to me to do it.

Posts: 14 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: September 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
quote:
AND, we JUST had nearly a 100% increase from $1.77 to $3 this time last year.

Yeah, the January 2012 increase was a big hit for 1rst Class International prices without any upgrade to the service. The January 2013 increase will be the "cover" of the Electronic Delivery Confirmation International. Like Priority Mail or Express the DC Int will have limitations. You can read the info in the PDF in the link. Page 9 of the PDF or page 6 in the document.

quote:
Has anyone heard as to whether the post office is definitely going to close on Saturdays, so that there will only be Mon to Fri deliveries ?

The USPS is still asking it to the Congress.

Postal Service Records Record $15.9B Loss in Fiscal 2012
http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y12/m11/i16/s03

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
More than 2 weeks to see the changes.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've seen the postal price increases for us (Canada) for January 14th and I'm not happy either. Frown

Count me in Frown

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post