Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Walmart Clearance Bins

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/6917056076

May 11, 2014, 08:32 PM
dstrohmeng
Walmart Clearance Bins
I don't know how long they've been there, but my Walmart has six cardboard bins marked Sports Clearance and Entertainment Clearance. They contain various items priced at .98 to 2.98. I picked up a Komplete KISS box, TMNT CCG starter, WWE Slam Attax Mayhem starter, two Applause Lord of the Rings CCG tins and some Iron Man 3 packs. Check the sports bin too because everything is just mixed together. Now I have to check all of the other local Walmarts. Good luck!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dstrohmeng,
May 11, 2014, 09:30 PM
BILLZEE
Hey that's good to know! Thanks for posting...
May 11, 2014, 10:41 PM
barobehere
I posted the following a few weeks about. I have been to several Wal-marts and found all sort of odd things in them. If I find any more Toy Story blasters, I hope to finish the set up.

Our Wal-mart now has an "entertainment dump bin by the trading cards. Most of it was dog tags, failed CCG cards. Found several boxes of Marvel heroes clixs for 1.98 and 2 blaster boxes of Toy Story fun packs (6 packs) and Yo Gabba Gabba (4 packs and music card) for 2.98 each.
May 12, 2014, 07:57 PM
dstrohmeng
I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for the Toy Story blaster on the floor. I have a habit of putting things back where they belong when I'm in a store. I went to put it back and noticed all of the bins.
May 12, 2014, 11:09 PM
Don Norton
I have been picking up racing blaster boxes at Target for half price. The interesting thing is most of these were Walmart exclusive boxes, they have 2 extra inserts with WM numbers. Will have to check out Walmart and see what they have.
May 14, 2014, 01:37 AM
kane1
I always check in my local Wmart for clearance in the trading cards. I never manage to find one.

Years ago, Kmart make a lot the clearance for sealed boxes. I bought a Spider-Man 0.99, X-Men 0.99, and a Star Wars Galaxy 3 box.

And lets not forget Kaybee Toys. I saw a lot of clearance, but in the '90s. I was just a kid. No more than $5 monthly in my pockets. But after saving some money I manage to buy packs and some sealed boxes.
May 14, 2014, 04:44 PM
chesspieceface
Yes, there was a golden era at Target and Walmart where a company called "Vintage" would provide a huge selection of non-sport boxes that had gone unsold. This went on from around 1995 to 1997 or so.
They were re-priced at $9.99, $19.99, and $29.99 and sometimes there were hobby only boxes, so you could get some great deals. I remember getting a box of Disney Premium for $29.99 and plenty of boxes of Simpsons Skybox Series II for only $9.99.
This is where the Superman HoloSeries boxes with the Retail Red parallels were sold and also the Popeye Premium boxes which included 16 packs of cards, a mini animation cel, an original artist sketch and a Popeye videotape. The Superman and Popeye were both $29.99 cent boxes, and I believe were made pretty much especially to sell in that section with all of the older cards.
The re-priced boxes were always in their original shrinkwrap with another shrinkwrap around the new price tag, and sometimes, there could as many as 20 or 30 different ones to choose from.

May 15, 2014, 02:08 PM
barobehere
At this time I lived 5 blocks from a Super K-mart. I was in card collector heaven.