Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Would this persuade you to purchase?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would this persuade you to purchase?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted
I mean I get that sex sells but this is just weird. Seems to be a tactic for several of the listings.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/37378...8:g:J8QAAOSw0oRhU58n

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I've been noticing those sketch card listings too.
Me, I just visit E-Bay for the sketches!
Now, if they tried something like that with those abominable Medicare, insurance, gambling, lawyer and other commercials I can't change the channel fast enough on TV, they might catch my interest instead of pushing me away from their product as passionately as possible.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If they're trying to sell this card by putting it where it is in the photo, I'm certainly not the buyer. It's kinda like when women pay for things with money they pull out of their bra. Shake Head

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Without a clear picture of the card as the main image I am MUCH less likely to look at it.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So you can look at it one of two ways.

If the idea was to get publicity and more exposure for the items, it worked. We are talking about it and looking at the link.

If the idea is to actually sell anything, that may not work too well. The germophobe in me wouldn't want cards, or even cards in top loaders, that may have been rattling around in cleavage, waistbands, or any other part of someone else's body, male or female. So right there everything being sold, with or without the "models", becomes suspect and I'm out of there. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'd buy that for a dollar. Bouncey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Purchase it and then when it arrives, complain that they didn't include everything shown in the photo.

Posts: 67 | Location: NC | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I've been noticing those sketch card listings too.
Me, I just visit E-Bay for the sketches!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Smokin'

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Now, if they tried something like that with those abominable Medicare, insurance, gambling, lawyer and other commercials I can't change the channel fast enough on TV, they might catch my interest instead of pushing me away from their product as passionately as possible.

Dude! I am pretty sure big Pharma owns every channel. I have often wondered what the total number of drug commercials are that run on any given day. Between all the lawyers and pills it's no wonder we are so screwed up.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
If the idea is to actually sell anything, that may not work too well.

In the interest of "research" I checked out the feedback. I would say the tactic has produced medium to mediocre results. Smokin'

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and I don't see any bids for what's up now. It seems to me a tactic like that would work better for a Buy It Now listing - the impulse buy. If you give someone time to think about it (maybe bid later closer to the end of a multi-day auction), that person is just going to laugh and see what else is for sale.

A couple of days ago, there was a story in the news about a high level of buyer's remorse right now - stuff people bought last year that they wish they hadn't.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
That’s just pathetic.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post