Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not in my lifetime!!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
How about these--

Dark Dominion (River Group) Steve Ditko sketch cards; rumored to not exist, even though they were listed on the box and wrappers when the card set came out back in 1993

After 22 years of looking for the Dark Dominion original art cards by Steve Ditko, I finally found proof. One was sold in May of 2014 on ebay. I found out about this just yesterday.

I'll put a picture in "Cards that might not exist" Topic and maybe here once I figure out how to put the picture up.

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
On Jeff Allender's checklist there is mention of some cards from Dynamite's 2001 Crimson Commemorative card set that I've never seen on offer. Perhaps they were for sale in the US only and therefore never showed up on eBay in Europe...

- #1 base card with Jae Lee autograph (supposedly limited to 500 copies)
- #4 of 6 box topper with autograph

Does anyone here know more about them or have a scan? Otherwise I might just as well remove them from my wantlist.

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monkeyafterdark:
On Jeff Allender's checklist there is mention of some cards from Dynamite's 2001 Crimson Commemorative card set that I've never seen on offer. Perhaps they were for sale in the US only and therefore never showed up on eBay in Europe...

- #1 base card with Jae Lee autograph (supposedly limited to 500 copies)
- #4 of 6 box topper with autograph

Does anyone here know more about them or have a scan? Otherwise I might just as well remove them from my wantlist.

Just browsing the internet I did find a scan of the Jae Lee autograph card:

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
Aaargh! The power of search engines...
Thanks, Logan Smile
Guess, I'll have to keep on searching. One day I'll complete that set and feel a sense of achievement.

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpolis:
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
How about these--

Dark Dominion (River Group) Steve Ditko sketch cards; rumored to not exist, even though they were listed on the box and wrappers when the card set came out back in 1993

After 22 years of looking for the Dark Dominion original art cards by Steve Ditko, I finally found proof. One was sold in May of 2014 on ebay. I found out about this just yesterday.

I'll put a picture in "Cards that might not exist" Topic and maybe here once I figure out how to put the picture up.

David

Ok, as promised, here's a picture of the Dark Dominion art card along with a letter and redemption card. I found it on google.

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is there a way to enlarge the image ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The size seems to be set. If you can figure out how to resize, let me know.

David

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't know how they were distributed, but back in the late 90's (and maybe early 2000's), there was a comic book shop in NY (I think) that was the only dealer I saw selling the VortexMatrix promos. I got the feeling they were prototypes given out at a trade show somewhere. Apparently, the dealer had enough to offer them for sale in an ad in one of the card magazines. I don't recall whether 3 or 4 were offered but the lot price was about $10.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
quote:
Now I have my list in front of me, I'll list a few promos that I have been looking for for ages:

Titanic motion promo card from Digital Domain

Showgirls motion card (not sure where it is from)

Speed Racer P3

Avengers A0 and B9 (must be numbered on back)

Sandman 6 card uncut sheets (missing a few)

Comics Greatest World Vortex Matrix promo variations. I have regular, yellow and orange. I heard about red and blue. Somebody said there were 10 different ones, but I have no proof. Anybody have scans of various variations?

This is a good start for now.

Thanks,
David

Their only 4 colors Silver, yellow, red and blue. The blue version is the rare one and is regular size with blue back not purple. Holofoil placement is a little different also.

Thanks for the info.

I was wondering how these promos were distributed?

David

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The 2 Kindred promos definitely exist. One came in Wizard magazine, and other came in the Kindred comic book, issue # 1

Just look for the comic !

quote:
Originally posted by btlfannz:
It occurred to me the other day that there are some cards I'm looking for that I have never seen in nearly 25 years of collecting. I despair that I ever will.

I've never seen them advertised on the 'bay nor has anyone I've ever traded with have them.

Do you have cards like this? They are not the blindingly obvious rare cards that we all know about (Star Trek NZ promo, Star Wars Galaxy & Speed Racer) but in many cases just otherwise ordinary cards. Here's half a dozen for instance:

Promos: DC Bloodlines without the DC logo on the back
Kindred Comics two card set (there's dozens of dred's on the 'bay but not a solitary Kin)

Superstars Musicards Madonna error card

Insert Cards: Beatles 30th anniversary set (never seen a solitary one of them)

MCC'98 sketchboards #18 (Yes I know that they were a very limited release but wouldn't you think that by now someone would have put just one of them on the 'bay. I've had them on watch for two years now and not one has surfaced)

Dream Machines II (apparently there is a 12 card Cobalt set 'don't ask'. I have opened at least 4 boxes and never found one)

What's your list of tough to find's

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I recently saw that Beatles 30th Anniversary QVC set that the original poster asked about

It was "you know where", and went unsold for $150

So it IS out there...

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The first post asked about the Cobalt chase cards in the Dream Machines 2 cards by Lime Rock

I note that the packs DO in fact mention that these cards were randomly inserted

However, I have not seen them, either...