Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not in my lifetime!!
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted
It occurred to me the other day that there are some cards I'm looking for that I have never seen in nearly 25 years of collecting. I despair that I ever will.

I've never seen them advertised on the 'bay nor has anyone I've ever traded with have them.

Do you have cards like this? They are not the blindingly obvious rare cards that we all know about (Star Trek NZ promo, Star Wars Galaxy & Speed Racer) but in many cases just otherwise ordinary cards. Here's half a dozen for instance:

Promos: DC Bloodlines without the DC logo on the back
Kindred Comics two card set (there's dozens of dred's on the 'bay but not a solitary Kin)

Superstars Musicards Madonna error card

Insert Cards: Beatles 30th anniversary set (never seen a solitary one of them)

MCC'98 sketchboards #18 (Yes I know that they were a very limited release but wouldn't you think that by now someone would have put just one of them on the 'bay. I've had them on watch for two years now and not one has surfaced)

Dream Machines II (apparently there is a 12 card Cobalt set 'don't ask'. I have opened at least 4 boxes and never found one)

What's your list of tough to find's

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have the Madonna error promo and the DC Bloodlines without the logos

I've never seen, but have been searching for:

Creators Master Series (skybox, 1995) promo P0 of Biohazard

Mickey Mouse and Friends Fun Cards promo set (SkyBox, 1996) I've only seen a picture of the Donald Duck promo in PCE, and I never saw the card set itself (which is very hard to find) until 2013. These were educational cards, which apparently did not see a wide release

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How about these--

Dark Dominion (River Group) Steve Ditko sketch cards; rumored to not exist, even though they were listed on the box and wrappers when the card set came out back in 1993

Spider Man Master Series (unreleased SkyBox promo) listed in PCE

I never thought I'd see the Ultraverse Master Series promo H1 or a set of the 1991 Nightmare on Elm Street samples by Impel (6 cards), but they've shown up on ebay over the past few years

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
I, too, understand how you feel.

My white whale is a 1972 Mexican League Baseball card of Ron Cey. The latest one is a 1/1 Tippi Hedren cut signature. Never seen either of them, but I know they are both supposed to exist. The closest I came to seeing the 1972 card was a very grainy b&w photo. You could not see any detail on the picture, but you could make out the name.

I hope you live to see all of the cards you dream of.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The MCC sketchboard #18 used to pop up fairly regularly. I'm pretty sure I still have the unredeemed redemption and the redeemed card around here somewhere.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Things on my wants list I've never seen for sale here in the UK.

Shock Theatre ( Shocking Laffs ) 1975 test set.

Hammer Horror ( Cornerstone ) P2 wolfman promo.

The Avengers ( Cornerstone ) A0--A6 promos

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How about Ralph Snart cards # 29 to 36 ?

Cards 1-28 came in the comics, but the comic was abruptly cancelled in 1993. Still, cards 29 to 36 were produced. I have seen scans of them, only, and the creator, Marc Hansen, has confirmed that the cards exist. Rumor has it that they were briefly available thru some obscure sendaway offer, around 1994

I have never seen them for sale anywhere

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
For me, it's the uncut 4-card promo for The Death of Superman. I have the individual promos but not this uncut 4-card one. It's listed in NSU but I've never seen it in person nor seen it come up on eBay.

Thankfully, thoughtofyou13times was kind enough to post pictures:

This doesn't seem to be an expensive promo but I've not found it at card shows and I've not seen it on eBay.

I've seen the S uncut on eBay last year, it was even relisted twice IIRC. I don't think the 4-9 card uncut sheets are that difficult to find. The difficult ones are those bigger sheets such as the 16-card and that extremely big uncut holographic Pokemon sheet. The guy was very lucky to obtain that meters long uncut sheet. I've read that it was just given to him by a store manager when he was a kid.

Posts: 69 | Location: Earth | Registered: November 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's a funny old world isn't it! You've got cards that I have never seen and I've got your missing Creators Masters series PO (Biohazard)
Maybe there's hope for both of us!

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
Need to check my Doomsday cards. Is a promo sheet or really an uncut sheet? Because in the back it don't have any promo info like common promo sheets.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Would you please shoot me an email on this ?
I don't see an email address listed under your profile

mistermycroft@msn.com

David

quote:
Originally posted by btlfannz:
quote:

It's a funny old world isn't it! You've got cards that I have never seen and I've got your missing Creators Masters series PO (Biohazard)
Maybe there's hope for both of us!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:

Mickey Mouse and Friends Fun Cards promo set (SkyBox, 1996) I've only seen a picture of the Donald Duck promo in PCE, and I never saw the card set itself (which is very hard to find) until 2013. These were educational cards, which apparently did not see a wide release

hi David

Could you please post pictures of the DC Bloodlines without logo - I have never seen them either.

thanks

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I have a few, but one of mine is from King's Dominion Amusement Park and a local Fox Channel that released a set of 7 cards. The 7th, of Geordi and a Crewman is for whatever reason very rare.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tangent, email me at mistermycroft@msn.com
and I can send you the scans to post. I do not know how to do it

quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
quote:
Originally posted by David R:

hi David

Could you please post pictures of the DC Bloodlines without logo - I have never seen them either.

thanks

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
When I used to keep track of sketchagraphs I also noted when a MCC98 sketchboard #18 (odds 1:5,760 packs) sold on ebay.

2004 - 4 of them (3 signed / 1 unsigned)
2005 - 5 of them (5 signed)
2006 - 3 of them (2 signed / 1 unsigned)

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kane1:
Need to check my Doomsday cards. Is a promo sheet or really an uncut sheet? Because in the back it don't have any promo info like common promo sheets.

It is uncut spectra chase card sheet. Pretty nice sheet. I have the one that is numbered to 1000.

David

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dpolis,

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I have my list in front of me, I'll list a few promos that I have been looking for for ages:

Titanic motion promo card from Digital Domain

Showgirls motion card (not sure where it is from)

Speed Racer P3

Avengers A0 and B9 (must be numbered on back)

Sandman 6 card uncut sheets (missing a few)

Comics Greatest World Vortex Matrix promo variations. I have regular, yellow and orange. I heard about red and blue. Somebody said there were 10 different ones, but I have no proof. Anybody have scans of various variations?

This is a good start for now.

Thanks,
David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
About 10-15 years ago, there was a pack of WWF Shut Your Mouth ! promo cards, exclusive to some Kay Bee Toys wrestling video game. PCE lists 1 card, but I think the pack had 10 cards in it. I've never seen these anywhere, except for scans of the cards on some wrestling card website, posted by a fan who had them (not for sale)

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpolis:
Now I have my list in front of me, I'll list a few promos that I have been looking for for ages:

Speed Racer P3

Comics Greatest World Vortex Matrix promo variations. I have regular, yellow and orange. I heard about red and blue. Somebody said there were 10 different ones, but I have no proof. Anybody have scans of various variations?

Thanks,
David

Their only 4 colors Silver, yellow, red and blue. The blue version is the rare one and is regular size with blue back not purple. Holofoil placement is a little different also.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
quote:
Originally posted by dpolis:

Speed Racer P3

Thanks,
David

Their only 4 colors Silver, yellow, red and blue. The blue version is the rare one and is regular size with blue back not purple. Holofoil placement is a little different also.

Thanks for the info.

I was wondering how these promos were distributed?

David