Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We don't exist!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted
I ran across an article tonight about how some people make money from their hobbies and lo and behold, #12 is about trading cards. Well, You won't believe it but our hobby "non sports card collectors" was not even mentioned as existing at all! So sad...…

Here's the link:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/mone...=spartandhp#image=13

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cool! Thanks for sharing!

I mean no cool that we don't exist, but you get what I'm saying. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The news and interest articles that appear on the main feeds from sites like AOL and MSN are slapped together by staff editors/writers and are barely adequate for any subject. This one limits trading cards to sports and gaming cards and says little about them. Building Sand Castles, Home Brewing Beer, Cosplayinng and Flying Drones are listed as top money makers. No wonder I'm broke. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
The news and interest articles that appear on the main feeds from sites like AOL and MSN are slapped together by staff editors/writers and are barely adequate for any subject.

Right! Not sure who I feel more bad for. The content writers that have to come up with articles that magnify every sliver of existence (or non Wink ) or the poor readers that chase down every idea wondering what is wrong with them.

Of course we obviously exist to the manufacturing and retail portions that sell to us. Still, by comparison to the Sports and Game market we are very small. I guess that's a good thing if our existence ever becomes widely known. Our collections will be worth a fortune! Dance

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post