Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
We don't exist!

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/6877077296

March 04, 2020, 07:43 PM
promoking
We don't exist!
I ran across an article tonight about how some people make money from their hobbies and lo and behold, #12 is about trading cards. Well, You won't believe it but our hobby "non sports card collectors" was not even mentioned as existing at all! So sad...…

Here's the link:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/mone...=spartandhp#image=13

March 04, 2020, 08:08 PM
Kennywood

March 04, 2020, 08:30 PM
webjon
Cool! Thanks for sharing!

I mean no cool that we don't exist, but you get what I'm saying. . .
March 04, 2020, 08:37 PM
Raven
The news and interest articles that appear on the main feeds from sites like AOL and MSN are slapped together by staff editors/writers and are barely adequate for any subject. This one limits trading cards to sports and gaming cards and says little about them. Building Sand Castles, Home Brewing Beer, Cosplayinng and Flying Drones are listed as top money makers. No wonder I'm broke. Big Grin
March 05, 2020, 06:20 AM
mykdude
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
The news and interest articles that appear on the main feeds from sites like AOL and MSN are slapped together by staff editors/writers and are barely adequate for any subject.

Right! Not sure who I feel more bad for. The content writers that have to come up with articles that magnify every sliver of existence (or non Wink ) or the poor readers that chase down every idea wondering what is wrong with them.

Of course we obviously exist to the manufacturing and retail portions that sell to us. Still, by comparison to the Sports and Game market we are very small. I guess that's a good thing if our existence ever becomes widely known. Our collections will be worth a fortune! Dance