Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping rant
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Got a tracked package which I just noticed went from Chicago to Japan!!! and then to London and spent 5 days in customs. I might get it one day

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have just received a package sent from Chicago on 5th July and according to the tracking it spent 3 days in customs at Heathrow before being sent on its merry way. I ordered a binder from the same seller a week earlier that I am still awaiting to hear anything about.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Got a tracked package which I just noticed went from Chicago to Japan!!! and then to London and spent 5 days in customs. I might get it one day

Dang! I hope it sent a postcard from its trip!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
FYI -- I'm not complaining, just pointing out that shipping internationally is expensive -- and it isn't just coming from the US.

I just saw an eBay auction that I wanted to buy for a single card that costs under $10 US.

Shipping from the UK to the US for this card is $27.50.

It's just a joke. For $15 i could not only buy this card but post it to you also. Let me know if you want me to do so.

I have wondered before whether those of us on this board who have been around for a lot of years could band together and do this as a group to save each other postage costs and get the cards we want at better prices.

In the current pandemic with the state of postal services worldwide it's probably not an option but if things get back to something approaching normal it would be worth discussing .

I think one of the problems with US International Shipping is the way it is structured. I forget the exact ranges but it is something like 0-4 ounces is one price, 4-8 ounces is one price, 8 ounces to 2 pounds is one price so you could have 10 single cards cost the same amount as 2 full boxes of cards.

I am sure there are some on here who could help each other out but it gets daunting very quickly. I do it for some people that are in my breaks or FB group.

There are plenty of companies out there to help with international shipping. You really have to trust the company you are going to deal with and also take into account the location of who you go with because of sales tax being added to the purchase price.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:

Dang! I hope it sent a postcard from its trip!

No postcard but a letter today saying pay $40 Import VAT & Clearance fee to get your item!!

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
No postcard but a letter today saying pay $40 Import VAT & Clearance fee to get your item!!

If it's anything like where I am, you'll have to pay online as they're too up themselves to receive visitors.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post