Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Charlie's Angels cards from Mexico
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charlie's Angels cards from Mexico
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I was trying to find more info on these. I thought "The Sport Americana Price Guide to the Non-Sports Cards" Number 4 would have some info but it's a stickler for covering American cards - not foreign editions of American cards. Does anyone know the set number or if there were any stickers?

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
These are season 3 in the US release. 143 US says, "Hey Bos -- Get Me Through to Charlie"

Have to admit calling him El Jefe is pretty funny. Big Grin

162 US card says "Calling for Help!"

Topps archive states Box had 36 packs, 3 cards per pack. Most likely used a different printer than the US versions. Given that I can't find a single sticker in Spanish and the low number of cards per pack I would guess they did not have them.

The box looked like this. Los Angeles De Charlie

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1977-...c:g:QG0AAOSweR9fvtBF

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mykdude,

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mykdude. I was wondering if they were 3-card packs because I found 3 together (all the seller had) in a bargain box years ago.

There's a Mexican "Six Million Dollar Man" card with a shot of Oscar Goldman at his desk and the title, "El Jefe de Steve."

Thanks for that link too. I copied the photos for reference.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
These are season 3 in the US release. 143 US says, "Hey Bos -- Get Me Through to Charlie"

Have to admit calling him El Jefe is pretty funny. Big Grin

162 US card says "Calling for Help!"

Topps archive states Box had 36 packs, 3 cards per pack. Most likely used a different printer than the US versions. Given that I can't find a single sticker in Spanish and the low number of cards per pack I would guess they did not have them.

The box looked like this. Los Angeles De Charlie

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1977-...c:g:QG0AAOSweR9fvtBF

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
No problem!

Every time I hear El Jefe now and can't help but think of Ash vs the Evil Dead show. Big Grin

Posts: 4858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post