Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BINDERS
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted
If I buy an A4 Presentation style 4 ring binder, will my regular 9 pocket pages for 3 ring binders still fit? Thanks

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Don't know about size, but how are 3 hole pages going to match a 4 ring binder? Are you going to punch in new lined up holes? Am I missing something here?

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The pages will fit but the holes may not. If you have pages with 3 holes in them then they will NOT fit. If you have pages with the multiple holes down the side then they will.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Interesting, I've only bought Ultra Pro 9 pocket pages with 3 holes. Didn't even know you could get ones with multiple holes. See what we find out here. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Interesting, I've only bought Ultra Pro 9 pocket pages with 3 holes. Didn't even know you could get ones with multiple holes. See what we find out here. Big Grin

Not necessarily card pages. You can get muliple holes for sleeves for paper.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
If I buy an A4 Presentation style 4 ring binder, will my regular 9 pocket pages for 3 ring binders still fit? Thanks

Ultra-Pro makes an 11-Hole page for international binders. This is what you need unless you want to resort punching your own holes.

I can't refer you to a source, but I'm sure if you are determined you can find someone in the US who stocks these on a regular basis.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 11 hole ultra pro pages are readily available in the uk. You can also get a 4 hole punch cheaply and make your own holes.

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neilsy:
The 11 hole ultra pro pages are readily available in the uk. You can also get a 4 hole punch cheaply and make your own holes.

You can even buy 1 hole punches.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Best thing about the 11 hole pages is they fit 2, 3 and 4 ring binders

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, I used to import them before I found a wholesale source for them here in the US.

Reminds me, might be time for a restock. I'm getting low.

I'm honestly surprised Ultra Pro does not just make ALL pages with 11 holes and call it good worldwide. But that would probably require retooling for every page, which would get costly for little practical benefit.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:

Yeah, I used to import them before I found a wholesale source for them here in the US.

Reminds me, might be time for a restock. I'm getting low.

I'm honestly surprised Ultra Pro does not just make ALL pages with 11 holes and call it good worldwide. But that would probably require retooling for every page, which would get costly for little practical benefit.

Ed

I wonder which ones Ultra Pro produced first? And why they did 2 different products that are virtually the same! Unless they took over another manufacturer

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Assuming they have separate tools for each configuration rather than just inserting or removing punches, I estimate the 11 hole tool would cost about 10 times as much as a 3 hole one. Just the changes to punch configuration would take a couple of hours, which all adds to the cost.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post