Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    The Apprentice (Comic Images)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Apprentice (Comic Images)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Forgetting the man and his politics, his autograph looks horrendous. Twak

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Usually with typical haphazard autographs, you don't get a lot of ink, just the quick swipe of the hand to deliver an (often illegible) initial or two.

At least with Trump, you get plenty of ink. I'm pretty sure every letter of his name is present in his signature, but good luck reading them. I'm thinking he has a fairly strong grip honed by years of grabbing various things with authority...

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well I had to stay up pretty late last night, like many other people on the East Coast. I don't know how many card collectors were doing it, but if you were stocking up on Donald Trump's Apprentice autograph cards and other products, you now have the signature of a soon-to-be US President. I've got one Apprentice that I think cost me about $40 when they first released.

So if we are talking about cards that go up in value, I think these move to the top of the list. His cards could have deflated like a popped balloon, but now he will grace a lot more.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
As a fan of "The Apprentice", I actually bought a master set of these all those years ago. I sure hope the Trump autograph goes up in value - my car needs some work!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
As a fan of "The Apprentice", I actually bought a master set of these all those years ago. I sure hope the Trump autograph goes up in value - my car needs some work!

-Bob-

It's already gone up. I don't know if it's transmission money, but it should be good for a water pump and an oil change. Big Grin

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I still have not seen his third auto from the set, the one which was allegedly a dealer incentive, 50 made

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One of the "common" Trump autos sold for $ 280 the other day, you know where

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
One of the "common" Trump autos sold for $ 280 the other day, you know where

C/O Trump tower ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had a Kendra autograph when I had a box, as typical of comic images auto's, it was chipped to ribbons.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
I would say no. There are so many people running for president they are a dime a dozen.
If somehow the Donald makes it to the Whitehouse, I think his cards could become more sought after.

You think ? I was thinking the same of Meghan Markle, she's just going out with a minor royal.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:

Well at least he wasn't a refuse to sign person.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
quote:
Originally posted by X:

Well at least he wasn't a refuse to sign person.

He never was, there are a lot of Trump autographs out there. Besides Comic Images, he has certified cards from Americana and Leaf cuts. Then he did his book signings and lectures and golf outings, all before he went out on the campaign trail and probably signed anything they give him.

I'll bet that over the years more than a few people just threw away his signed stuff as so much junk. Big Grin He may already have a larger supply of authentic signatures than any of the living Ex-Presidents and he's not even in office yet. I don't know how you would prove that, but given his celebrity prior to turning to politics, it seems likely.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
But be careful with books and hats. They were sold on his website during the campaign. Everywhere said autograph (not to mention the price tag would suggest it), except one small bit of fine print:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics...ne/story?id=43638238

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Hadn't heard about that, how disappointing, and to be officially selling the autographs too. Frown

You know that some of those buyers never did read the disclosure. Just as you also know that some of them did know about it, but will intentionally try to misrepresent the autopen as hand signed down the line. Mad

It should be a law that facsimile autographs are permanently labeled or coded as such. Printed disclosures that can be separated from the item may satisfy the legal requirement for the maker, but it does not protect the public when that item starts to change hands.

It does help explain why there is so much Trump autographed merchandise for sale though. Wink Be careful indeed!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I've said it once before, but it bears repeating.
If you want to be sure, just get it yourself.

I'm still hoping I can get the President-Elect to sign my butt someday, but I realize it's now a longshot, damn my procrastinatin' ways!

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've never got the sign the body thing, sometime you have to wash.

Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
I've never got the sign the body thing, sometime you have to wash.

I can't speak for the lady in the picture but it's become a thing at various conventions to have a celebrity autograph your arm or something and then get it tattooed on. Why someone would want to do that, I don't get, but I've seen it and some of the tattoo artists that have a booth at our local conventions even offer a special "autograph rate".

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see that a graded auto DT2 sold for $ 800 you know where

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A DT1 auto sold for $ 999 !

Two others, in the $ 800 range (each) !

6 of the autos of the various celebs from the set, including DJT, sold for $ 1200 !

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yeah these Trump Apprentice signature cards are the exception that proves the rule. They were never common cards because Trump was the best signer in the product, but the product was dead. Now as the sitting US President they have taken off despite the fact that Trump autographs prior to 2016 were not scarce. These are his only certified cards, but he was a willing signer on a lot of other authentic material.

You do have to watch his actual campaign stuff though, as some items sold directly from his staff is said to have been auto penned.

Hard to say when people should start selling these Apprentice cards if they have a desire to cash in at peak value. He is a rollercoaster ride, not a political view, just the facts. Big Grin