Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    The Apprentice (Comic Images)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Apprentice (Comic Images)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
These are his only certified cards

He also signed for Pop Century and 2 different Ali sets that I am aware of.

quote:
Yeah these Trump Apprentice signature cards are the exception that proves the rule. They were never common cards because Trump was the best signer in the product, but the product was dead. Now as the sitting US President they have taken off despite the fact that Trump autographs prior to 2016 were not scarce.

Scarcity is an interesting thing. . . In our little hobby things don't seem scarce. . . For example Trump autographs, or Meghan Markle autographs. Once the rest of the world has interest things change very quickly. How many Trump Apprentice autographs were signed? 500? Less? If there were 500 made that equates to 10 copies per US state.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:
These are his only certified cards

quote:
Yeah these Trump Apprentice signature cards are the exception that proves the rule. They were never common cards because Trump was the best signer in the product, but the product was dead. Now as the sitting US President they have taken off despite the fact that Trump autographs prior to 2016 were not scarce.

Scarcity is an interesting thing. . . In our little hobby things don't seem scarce. . . For example Trump autographs, or Meghan Markle autographs. Once the rest of the world has interest things change very quickly. How many Trump Apprentice autographs were signed? 500? Less? If there were 500 made that equates to 10 copies per US state.

Correct, I forgot about Pop Century because so many odd names get wrapped up into that one. What is Ali, those presidential card sets? I never saw them in person either.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Correct, I forgot about Pop Century because so many odd names get wrapped up into that one. What is Ali, those presidential card sets? I never saw them in person either.

Sets based on Muhammad Ali produced by Leaf.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sets based on Muhammad Ali produced by Leaf.

Now there's something I didn't know at all, sports card people. Smile

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sealed boxes of the 2005 Apprentice cards have been going for $ 90. Some others have asking prices of up to $ 200

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

He also has cut signatures in Decision 2016 and Decision 2016 series 2.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One of the Comic Images autos sold for $ 938 on ebay on Nov 22

Wow !

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang!

I see Pop Century autos recently sold for $1300 and $1500!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
This one was graded high. Just a matter of time before we see many more graded non-sport cards for the top tier. It's a way to add more money to the ceiling, even as grading itself comes under greater suspicion. Go figure. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
No matter what you think of him, his attention meter has been pegged on 11 since the campaign. I wouldn't even consider these until after he is out of office.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
This auto just sold for $ 1000.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Has anyone even read the description? ROTFLMAO! Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
This auto just sold for $ 1000.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Has anyone even read the description? ROTFLMAO! Big Grin

Yeah that description alone is enough to send me running the other way. Roll Eyes Thanks but no thanks. I'll just keep my money.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A sealed box of The Apprentice cards sold the other day on ebay for $ 500 !!!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
A sealed box of The Apprentice cards sold the other day on ebay for $ 500 !!!

That's just dumb, unless the idea is to keep it sealed and hope you can find someone dumber that thinks its an investment. Big Grin

If you want Trump's signature card save up some more and buy it outright. Odds are you are spending $500 on a box that contains Carolyn, or Bill, or Kendra, or George or whoever else is worth $2. There is absolutely nothing in that whole set besides Trump's autograph and maybe his tie books for something, but $500 is too much money to throw away on a long shot.

And Trump's autograph is not that rare. He has signed plenty in his personal life prior to being President and can of course continue to sign no matter what happens.