Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    marvel prices please help!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

marvel prices please help!
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
ive recently found a random card binder containing some 1994 marvel universe cards. the series that contains blood ties, maximum carnage, etc.. i know ive got tons more in a storage unit. possibly complete previous sets and speciality cards.

i was trying to find their value so i had an idea for walk in/online sales. conditions are mint to very good. is there any kind of price guide?...would they have to be complete sets to be worth anything? im guessing everything i have is going to be 90's. thanks a lot.

Posts: 1 | Location: virginia beach | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
You probably need to have complete sets to have value, or insert cards like foils to have value as a single card. NSU has pricing on all Marvel sets, you can likely find a copy at a major bookseller like Barnes and Noble, or simply order a copy from NSU right on this site. Sounds like the guide will be helpul to you.

Posts: 5790 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Batman inregards to the need for full sets in order to sell the cards. There are collectors that collect certain characters and they might be interested in certain cards but they are few and far between.

The NSU price guide would certainly be the best method to value sets and inserts. I have used it foer several years and it's been a great help to me. There are some instances where the guide doesn't always reflect the value of some cards and for those I've found it helpful to look at the cards for sale on EBay and that also will help you value your cards.

If I can be any further help please feel free to message me.

Posts: 80 | Location: Canada | Registered: September 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
killavbeez, I use the NSU Magazine For the sets value reference for cards of the 90's.

If you want to know the "rare/uncommon/valuable/popular character" cards of some sets of the 90's. You need to get old Wizard Magazine as reference. I collected in the 90's some Wizard Magazines so I use them as reference in these situations.

I can tell you something guys. I saw a lot of sellers throwing hundreds of dollars in pro-grading a lot of common/base cards from the 90's. Roll Eyes

If I have more free time like the other semester and better scanner. I will not have problem to scan some of the price for you.

My recommendation, if you have a set. Sell the cards as a set. If you have singles, The Marvel Universe from 1990-1994, Marvel Masterpieces 1992-1994, X-Men Fleer 1994 & 1995, X-Men Series 1 & 2, Flair Marvel 1994 & 1995, Marvel Metal, DC Master, DC Team, DC Cosmic, and maybe other I don't remember know. The series have rare/uncommon/valuable/popular character cards part of the set and inserts.

From Comic Images all the cards are common cards. Some of the sets are "rare" their great value it as a set. The chase cards are a different story. The insert/chase cards can be difficult to find contrary from Impel/Skybox and Fleer cards of the 90's. In boxes like Spider-Man 1 McFarlane Era you can maybe find only one prism card in a box. Also I never saw more than 3 Prism Cards in a box for any series.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post