Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    GetGlue: Questions about the site and the stickers
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GetGlue: Questions about the site and the stickers
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
That Doctor Who Marathon sticker is nice, thanks for the tip Riddler Thumb Up

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
i've discovered that certain web sites and facebook pages have get glue check ins for specific stickers
as well as if you type in certain things to get specific stickers

ex) modern family - type in Yahoo TV! and then check in

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
I ordered on the 19th, here's hoping mine have been posted and are on the long trek to me.

I ordered mine too on the 19th, and hoping they're on the way to me.
And won't be too damaged Frown

Ohh the race is on, which Aussie will get them first Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
I ordered on the 19th, here's hoping mine have been posted and are on the long trek to me.

You bet it's on Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received my first batch of stickers on Thursday. I think it only took about 10 days for them to arrive.

I also managed to snag the Doctor Who marathon sticker this morning. Thumb Up

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You bet it's on Big Grin Big Grin

Mine arrived today - did I win??? Smile

I can't believe it only took 16 days to get them sent to Australia, I figured the 6 week wait would be about right for international - so I'm pleased with the speedy service. Plus to top it all off, they sent me a duplicate set, both arrived on the same day Smile So I've already got plenty of dupes for trading when we start up a trading group.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Wow! you totally win Big Grin Clap

I haven't checked the mail for a couple of days, well since Monday and they hadn't arrived yet.

I can't wait to get them! so you got two lots of stickers in the one envelope? that's amazingly good luck!

I'm hoping my second accounts lot of stickers won't be far behind the first lot.

Can't wait to trade Smile

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Wow, that really is impressive, Sidewinder.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow! you totally win Big Grin Clap

I haven't checked the mail for a couple of days, well since Monday and they hadn't arrived yet.

I can't wait to get them! so you got two lots of stickers in the one envelope? that's amazingly good luck!

I'm hoping my second accounts lot of stickers won't be far behind the first lot.

Can't wait to trade Smile

Yeah, it was real quick, yours might be in the mail as mine arrived Tuesday and weren't there Monday.

They sent two separate envelopes, they obviously doubled up on my order accidently Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
I am feeling a little gypped!!!! It seems all of you guys are getting your stickers before me, and I started this thread!!!! I ordered my first set of stickers on September 11th and I STILL haven’t gotten them!!! Should I be worried????

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
I am feeling a little gypped!!!! It seems all of you guys are getting your stickers before me, and I started this thread!!!! I ordered my first set of stickers on September 11th and I STILL haven’t gotten them!!! Should I be worried????

Oh...and one more thing.....

What does the envelope look like? How big is it? Can someone post a scan of the envelope??

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, it was real quick, yours might be in the mail as mine arrived Tuesday and weren't there Monday.

They sent two separate envelopes, they obviously doubled up on my order accidently Smile

That's really strange, but lucky for you Thumb Up
I hope mine are at the post office when I check this afternoon. Cross fingers Smile

And Geoff, I hope yours turn up soon, if they haven't arrived in a week maybe you could email GetGlue.
Seems like there are a few people with that problem on the GetGlue Stickers site.
If I get mine today, I'll take a photo of the envelope for you.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Oh...and one more thing.....

What does the envelope look like? How big is it? Can someone post a scan of the envelope??

It is sent in a white window envelope with metered postage now.

To be fair, I just got my stickers that I requested in August, so the 4-6 week timespan that they quote is truthful. Like I posted earlier, I think that they do one mass printing and mailing and if you request stickers after they do their monthly mailing, you get put into the next one. Again, I've been using the site for over a year and some sticker requests I get in a matter of days and others are a matter of months. I really think it just comes down to when you request the stickers.

I would wait 8 weeks (two sticker periods) before emailing them to ensure that there is a legitimate problem versus a fluke of mailing cycles.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Martine
posted Hide Post
Right now you can get the limited edition Beckett sticker from Castle if you type in Yahoo TV and then check in.

Still waiting (impatiently) for my first batch to arrive...

Posts: 407 | Location: South Texas, USA | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Here's a scan of the envelope.

Your ID will appear in the window along with your address - it is actually a sticker attached to the same sheet with all your other stickers.

Here are the stickers from my first batch

Geez Geoff, that's really weird that you still haven't got yours. They may have some strange mailing system which all depends on what day you order them.

I ordered a second batch on another account yesterday, so I'll see if this one is sent out just as fast, or it it is slower due to the differen time of the month that I ordered them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sidewinder,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Yay! got mine too today Smile
Only thing is does anyone else think the stickers look a bit like the printer is running out of ink? And by the way, it's not my scanner Razz

I'm not very happy with the printing quality, from what I have seen of everyone else's I'm guessing it's not a normal occurance. So i've sent them off an email with the same scan, we'll see what they say. I can only try.
And here is another photo of the envelope for Geoff, just like Sidewinders.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
My last row of stickers and the 3 get glue ones all have some white dots on them like the image has come off, but I thought it may have been down to me putting them down on a particular surface. All the other stickers on the sheet are fine and the second batch I received didn't have any white marks. On the sheet that I scanned the fold marks caught the end of two rows of stickers, but it didn't on the second sheet.

You got a lot of good stickers in that first batch - I missed all of those Game of Thrones ones - damnFrown

I don't know if they'll resend batches, sounds like there isn't much communication from the people at GetGlue.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Yeah I was really happy with all the ones I got, especially the Fringe ones Smile
I don't imagine I'll have much luck, hey they were free, I shouldn't be complaining at all Twak Big Grin
You can still get those Game of Thrones stickers you just have to go through the links from here GetGlue Stickers/Game of Thrones thats where I got them from. The only annoying thing is, the last sticker in the GoT set isn't on this lot, hopefully it isn't skipped on the next lot.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
To "Juelle Lou" and "Sidewinder"....thanks for the scans!

Still, it's a bummer I don't have them yet.

Picture of Martine
posted Hide Post
Got mine on Thursday, I had ordered them on 9/28, so they came in pretty quickly. The sheet got folded on the bottom of the stickers, but no damage to the stickers themselves. Here's a peek:

Posts: 407 | Location: South Texas, USA | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post