Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    GetGlue: Questions about the site and the stickers
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GetGlue: Questions about the site and the stickers
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was wondering how I started having a whole bunch of people following me Smile. The problem is that I set up that account as a trial one when I was having issues with my other one, so now I am re-adding everyone with my real account, as I had forgotten that I even had the account under my Yahoo address!

I recommend the GetGlue app for Android or iPhone if you have it, and set a reminder on your phone. For example, at 6pm PST every Saturday my alarm goes off and I quickly check in to get my Doctor Who sticker. It's been really nice because those are the ones I wanted most, and I always remember it and can check in pretty much anywhere, and if I can't check in right then (like if I am with friends, at dinner, in a movie, etc) I have 3 hours to do so and can usually get free by then to do so. My BBC America HD channel broadcasts Doctor Who at 6pm, while the non-HD broadcasts at 9PM so if I do it sometime between those hours it always works for me.

Also remember that there is a 3 hour time window in general between the eastern US and the western US, so many of the stickers are active before the west coast airing, but end right after the west coast airing. I missed the Amy Pond sticker when I was in Hawaii and checked in during Hawaiian time at 6pm (8pm in CA) and it was locked all ready. In general, the system is usually better with early check-ins, but not late ones, an only a few stickers are locked into a regional airtime (the Motion Comic Doctor Who one was only available for a ten minute period when it aired in whatever time zone it is linked up to)

I also like the apps because they remember your recent check-ins so it takes a lot less time than looking up the shows/movies/etc on the Get Glue site

I think that there is a way to search through your FB and Twitter friends without linking accounts, but I am not 100% on that. I have my accounts linked, but I didn't allow Get Glue to make posts on my FB wall, so I am not sure if it was only because I have my FB and Twitter linked up.

If anyone else wants to follow me, the email address for my real account is thedaverosen@gmail.com- like I said before the riddler_149 yahoo account is an account I was playing around with. I'll try adding everyone who has all ready added me on my other account.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I've just joined and friended everyone here on H_Toser's list Smile I have no clue what I'm doing, just randomly liking stuff and checked in Supernatural, which netted me a limited sticker apparently Smile

I'm SidewinderOz, if anyone needs someone to follow.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Welcome to our little NSU GetGlue club Big Grin
I'll log on and follow you too, I know the site seems so confusing and not easy to navigate.
Check out this site GetGlue Stickers it tells you how to find and unlock all the different stickers, it really helped me out.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Publisher
Picture of Roxanne
posted Hide Post
I also got an early look at Ryan's article and joined right away. I sent for my first 20 stickers and am anxious to receive them. It isn't bad enough playing Words With Friends all of the time (time I really don't have) but now I'm after stickers!

Posts: 56 | Location: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I'm off to bed now (it's 10 past 2 in the morning) but I'm going to go searching for you Roxanne so I can follow now, when I next log in Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
I've picked up lots of stickers
just by fumbling around the site
and checking out everything I find

will check out the above link, thanks

I think it would be best with a smart phone using the app and actually checking out shows as they air
- but I do not have a phone and enjoy the solitude !!

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:
I think it would be best with a smart phone using the app and actually checking out shows as they air
- but I do not have a phone and enjoy the solitude !!

I agree! I don't have a mobile phone either Smile I live out of town where there is little to none coverage, so I don't see the point of one.
But I'm sort of wishing I had something now Roll Eyes Twak

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
Bazinga!

http://getglue.com/stickers/gr...=The+Big+Bang+Theory

Thank you Ryan!! Big Grin
got a Penny sticker Clap

And I've just found out I have missed out on a whole series of Firefly stickers!! I'm so mad with myself.
I've missed out on stickers from my favourite show of all time, I'm so bummed now.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
Bazinga!

http://getglue.com/stickers/gr...=The+Big+Bang+Theory

Thank you Ryan!! Big Grin
got a Penny sticker Clap

And I've just found out I have missed out on a whole series of Firefly stickers!! I'm so mad with myself.
I've missed out on stickers from my favourite show of all time, I'm so bummed now.

Ditto on the Penny sticker. I wonder if you have to write all of the four main male characters names and Bazinga down to get those stickers. Usually you can figure out the code words if other posters put them up, and everyone seems to be doing that on the site for BBT.

As for the Firefly stickers, they were surprisingly tough to get. I only got a Simon and a River sticker because I forced myself to check in immediately when the episode started because they are my favorite characters. I tried to get the Kaylee one, but it wouldn't give it to me even when I was only five minutes late! If I end up getting a spare Firefly sticker, I'll send it to you.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much Riddler! Bouncey

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Cool....I just got the Penny sticker too.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
NEW QUESTION!!!!

Okay, so I can see I started quite the conversation! Great! This tells me many of you have been doing this, so here is what I need to know….

I ordered my first batch of stickers last Sunday, September 11th. I’m still waiting for them. Is this typical? How long will I have to wait normally for the stickers to arrive from the day I order them?

Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
First of all Geoff what's your username on there so I can follow you? Smile

About how long they take from the forum that was linked they say
quote:
your stickers should arrive in 4-8 weeks (possibly more, if you are outside of the United States)

That's from here.
Maybe Ryan will be able to inform us all better since he's been using the site for almost a year, I think he said.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
It seems people are waiting long periods of times for the stickers to arrive, some over 2 months. On that GetGlueStickers.com site there are several people who have mentioned they've been waiting a long time.

I just ordered my first 20, so this time next year I shall have them in my hot, little hands Smile

P.S Lots of people seem to be creating more than one account so they can redeem their 20 stickers more frequently. I think I'll be doing this, so look out for me with numerous ID's Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I like that we have this little group going (I see that Szym and at least one other Card Talk member are on there now too). That'll help as you can look in your stream now to see what stickers your friends are getting.

As Juelle said, let us know your user name Geoff.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I made my account the other day...it is fun. I wish they had more stickers for books and music.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
I just ordered my first 20, so this time next year I shall have them in my hot, little hands Smile

That's about right I too.
I expect for us overseas people we will be waiting a very long time, I don't mind though as long as I get them eventually. Smile

Yes I think it's wonderful we have this little Cardtalk group going, and it's very helpful with the stickers as Harris said. We'll all just follow whatever Ryan does Eek Big Grin

And I already have a second id too Big Grin Razz

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
I made my account the other day...it is fun. I wish they had more stickers for books and music.

I definitely agree with you, they need more Books and Music for sure.
And by the way, are we following each other yet?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
First of all Geoff what's your username on there so I can follow you? Smile

About how long they take from the forum that was linked they say
quote:
your stickers should arrive in 4-8 weeks (possibly more, if you are outside of the United States)

That's from here.
Maybe Ryan will be able to inform us all better since he's been using the site for almost a year, I think he said.

I've had a big variety in waiting times for delivery. Three to six weeks seems to be normal.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post