Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    GetGlue: Questions about the site and the stickers
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GetGlue: Questions about the site and the stickers
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I thought my stickers were fuzzy but... considering they're free I'm not really complaining. Smile I'm looking forward to my next batch arriving.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Geoff did u ever get your stickers in the end?

I missed a couple of check ins today, my sisters wedding, so hoping to trade soon for the supernatural one.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Of course since I haven't signed up for this site, I see that I missed a sticker with James Marsters and Charisma Carpenter on it. Anyone getting that one and not want it?

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
Of course since I haven't signed up for this site, I see that I missed a sticker with James Marsters and Charisma Carpenter on it. Anyone getting that one and not want it?

Val

I should have one. Once I physically get it I'll let you know.

Laura

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That would be awesome! Thanks Laura!

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
Geoff did u ever get your stickers in the end?

Yes, but only after my SECOND request from October 11th. I think maybe they simply deleted my Sept. 11 request because I made the request with only 20 stickers on my account. Maybe they like to process first requests with more stickers on the account, even thouygh they only send 20. My sticker sheet has a teeny-tiny little grey code in the corner that indicates the request date - Oct. 11th.... The stickers, however, definitely came from the first week I created my account based on what stickers they put on my sheet.

I have kind of slowed down with my check-ins lately, too, because it seems like a LOT of time and a LOT of check-ins for very little in return. Yeah, I know they're free, but.....it's a big time sucker.

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It would not be so bad if you didn't get all those "bonus" stickers. I could do without the "Fan" sticker for every 5 check-ins. I've got only a 1,000 stickers listed - but only got my second set of 20 in hand. At this rate, it'll be the next millenium before I get all my stickers.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RevJay:
At this rate, it'll be the next millenium before I get all my stickers.

Just going by what I have seen happen before, if this site has gotten a sudden boost in popularity because of the NSU article it may have too many sticker requests to process in a timely manner.

It will either change the rules for earning stickers, tighten up the feedback requirements or find a way to start charging fees sooner or later. Once something gets off the ground the freebies get cut back and I guess that's just good business.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This has been my problem as well. I wish you could choose which stickers you get actual copies of. They do toss in a bunch of random stickers that you could care less about. Still the price is right. I wonder what they do with the data they are getting. Matbe they barter or sell it off to the studios that make the sticker images available. I guess this is what you call modern day market research

quote:
Originally posted by RevJay:
It would not be so bad if you didn't get all those "bonus" stickers. I could do without the "Fan" sticker for every 5 check-ins. I've got only a 1,000 stickers listed - but only got my second set of 20 in hand. At this rate, it'll be the next millenium before I get all my stickers.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
BTW Anyone get the Good Morning America Bangles sticker and not want it? One of my other loves aside from Buffy/Charisma Carpenter is the Bangles.

Val

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
For the record, I don't understand Get Glue...I think, although I haven't tried really hard.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven: .....It will either change the rules for earning stickers, tighten up the feedback requirements or find a way to start charging fees sooner or later. Once something gets off the ground the freebies get cut back and I guess that's just good business.

This is a very true observation, Raven, but I am hoping this will turn out to be incorrect. My guidepost for hope that this service will remain free is Facebook. Yes, I know this is a shameless plug for FB, but it’s currently one of the world’s largest websites (possibly THE largest?, almost reached the one BILLION user mark), which is quite a feat since just less than 8 years ago, it was a mere college project. And yet – it’s still free to use, for the most part. I’m hoping GetGlue follows the same pattern.

Incidentally, I used it last night for the first time in a week, despite my whining in my earlier post. I obtained over 20 new stickers from just 4-5 minutes of random clicking in the TV and movies sections only, so maybe it’s not that big of a waste of time after all. My wife did NOT have to feel neglected, which was her concern a few weeks ago when she saw that GetGlue was my newest internet distraction of choice! Wink Although – she knows my true loyalty for web distractions still remains here at NSU, above all others – even FB!!!

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
The live check-ins are actually at the perfect time for me, around 11am during my tea break at work. I just grab my mobile and go to my bookmark page and check in to the shows I want stickers of, there's probably around 10 of them in total. On the mobile app it tells you if there is a limited sticker available before you even check in to the show, so you know which ones have them and which ones don't. Then I just see whats trending in the movies section and choose which ones I like out of those. I probably spend around 3 minutes a day on the site now.

Still haven't received another set of stickers though and my last request was nearly a month ago, so there really is no set time.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by geoffbovey:
This is a very true observation, Raven, but I am hoping this will turn out to be incorrect. My guidepost for hope that this service will remain free is Facebook. Yes, I know this is a shameless plug for FB, but it’s currently one of the world’s largest websites (possibly THE largest?, almost reached the one BILLION user mark), which is quite a feat since just less than 8 years ago, it was a mere college project. And yet – it’s still free to use, for the most part./QUOTE]

Well I am all for hope, but it must applied in the right places. Wink

GetGlue is working well for collectors and I hope stays free for a long time. Facebook is a horse of a different color. It is free to use and it is enormously popular and convenient. That's the good news.

The bad news is that the average user has no idea of the extent that Facebook is storing all their data, that its cross referencing data, that its tracking their habits and that its selling their data to whoever is willing to pay for it. Read the Facebook agreement some time and you might be surprised with all the things you have given them permission to do, including product endorsements, without any liability on their part.

Zuckerberg is not a billionaire because he gives away anything for nothing. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had no idea there was a Bangles stickers! I still have my BANGLES AND MASH fan club shirt tucked away in my drawer. If you love the Bangles and the Go Go's do yourself a favor and go to You Tube check out a band called THE LIKE.

They are so much fun!!!

quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
BTW Anyone get the Good Morning America Bangles sticker and not want it? One of my other loves aside from Buffy/Charisma Carpenter is the Bangles.

Val

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FRANK AMICO,

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've received my second shipment of stickers. Quality wise, they are much better than the first batch (no Charisma/James "Supernatural" sticker yet Val).

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
For the record, I don't understand Get Glue...I think, although I haven't tried really hard.

It's like Foursquare, except with pop culture and stickers, rather than locations. Now the question is if you get Foursquare Big Grin

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
I live in Canada and have requested stickers twice and never received any
- anyone else in Canada getting these stickers ???

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:
I live in Canada and have requested stickers twice and never received any
- anyone else in Canada getting these stickers ???

I have. Sometimes they're very slow, others are fast. I've currently been waiting over a month for a batch.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
I've received my second shipment of stickers. Quality wise, they are much better than the first batch (no Charisma/James "Supernatural" sticker yet Val).

Thanks for the update, Laura!