Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    GetGlue: Questions about the site and the stickers
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GetGlue: Questions about the site and the stickers
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
I had no idea there was a Bangles stickers! I still have my BANGLES AND MASH fan club shirt tucked away in my drawer. If you love the Bangles and the Go Go's do yourself a favor and go to You Tube check out a band called THE LIKE.

They are so much fun!!!

Never heard of them, I much prefer the Bangles to the 'Go's though.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
My first batch arrived in 16 days to Australia. Since then I haven't received any and it's been over a month now, so the shipping times differ greatly from batch to batch.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
I sent for mine last set on October 15 and just received them yesterday. I too was starting to worry.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
So it took a month for yours and you live in the US, no wonder mine haven't arrived, that first batch must have been a fluke.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I can order my 20 on the 20th & so far they always arrived by the 26th.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
I just ordered my third set of stickers

and have NEVER received stickers from this site

so not holding my breath on these showing up

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I think this site is a real hit and miss. I have 3 different accounts and so far have received one batch from my first account - now I have ordered stickers 3 more times and haven't received any.

Part of me can't really figure out what the point of the site is. It's not as if their information is accurate, everyone is just checking in to everything to get the stickers, even if they don't watch the show. Not sure what they hope to gleam from that misinformation.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Just like Sidewinder, I have a few accounts but have only received one batch of stickers from my first original account which was back in September. I have since ordered 3 more which have yet to, if ever arrive.
I'm definitely starting to lose interest in logging in, knowing I might never receive anything. Frown

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
So it isn't just me - what's up with this site?

I too am also losing interest. There isn't much point in checking in if you never receive your stickers.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
I have decided that since MANY of us are having the same issue, I sent the following email:

>>> Geoffrey Bovey 12/15/2011 4:55 PM >>>

Dear Sir or Madam:

I have been a member of Getglue since September. I have requested free stickers to be mailed to my home four times now: Sept 11th, Oct. 12th, mid-November, and just today - Dec 15th. My complaint is that I have only ever received ONE package of 20 stickers from the Oct. 12th request - the requests I placed on Sept. 11 and November never resulted in a package of stickers to my home.

I understand that these stickers are free; however, I have also invested a LOT of my own personal time into your website, in part, because of the agreement your website has with us is that a free package of stickers will be mailed to us once per month as long as we make a request each time (which I have done consistently).

I would really like to have the stickers that were supposed to be mailed to me in September and November. Since I just made my fourth request today, I would appreciate a package of 60 stickers, not 20 this time. Please let me know how you will respond.

Thank you,
Geoffrey C. Bovey

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am also waiting for 2 months worth of stickers. I think this site aimed a bit too high and they may be biting off more than they can chew. They probably have one part time temp working there pulling out their hair trying to fill these requests.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am also waiting for 2 months worth of stickers. I think this site aimed a bit too high and they may be biting off more than they can chew. They probably have one part time temp working there pulling out their hair trying to fill these requests.

Really? I just received my stickers when I requested them on the 1st. I have been getting mine within two weeks of a request for the past seven months. Everyone else I know outside of NSU has had similar responses. It's very odd that no one here seems to be getting their stickers.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
I have requested stickers 5 times now and have never received any

so I have actually stopped "getting glue"

I no longer bother, what's the point

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I feel the same way as hcbrewer, I've pretty much given up on the site.
I got my first lot, but then nothing else. So I don't really see the point in investing my time in something like that with no outcome. Roll Eyes
And I refuse to request more stickers until the 3 previous lots arrive (which I doubt will ever happen)

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Myself....I have just grown tired of it. I don't really see the point if you just check in to a zillion things while you may only be actually watching 1% of them. The stickers weren't enough of a draw for me.

It would be a good way of making friends and finding new television series or music similar to your own likes through your friends badges but when people are just checking into anything and everything, that point is moot too.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I don't get it. First request stickers arrive in just over 2 weeks, after that nothing. Have these Get Glue cronies decided to not bother sending to International customers after their first batch or something.

Whoever these people are, they are clearly morons who do not know how to run a website, what a complete disappointment.

Also check out getgluestickers.com - looks like a tonne of people haven't received anything since October, many International addresses.

Personally I think they've stopped sending them to anyone, unless they are near New York where they are.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sidewinder,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Living near NY is no criteria. I live less than 1 hr away in North NJ and am still waiting like everyone else. I wrote them and considering NSU had such a nice article on them you would think thay would at least reply with a comment on this forum to tell people if there are any problems.

quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
Honestly, I don't get it. First request stickers arrive in just over 2 weeks, after that nothing. Have these Get Glue cronies decided to not bother sending to International customers after their first batch or something.

Whoever these people are, they are clearly morons who do not know how to run a website, what a complete disappointment.

Also check out getgluestickers.com - looks like a tonne of people haven't received anything since October, many International addresses.

Personally I think they've stopped sending them to anyone, unless they are near New York where they are.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've ordered 3 sets of stickers so far and all have been delivered in about 3 weeks.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Living near NY is no criteria. I live less than 1 hr away in North NJ and am still waiting like everyone else. I wrote them and considering NSU had such a nice article on them you would think thay would at least reply with a comment on this forum to tell people if there are any problems.

quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:

So there really is no method to their madness then.

Some people are getting them in the US still and some of them aren't.

If you're that close and not getting them, then I really don't know what is up with their shipping.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Has anyone had ANY luck getting stickers in the last couple of months?

I'm wondering if they simply grew too quickly. It's too bad because it was a lot of fun getting the monthly mail.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post